Preview R23, 2022 – Showdown LII (Robbie Gray Farewell)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBJ talking tough......* me

661b2bc9bb3553d48ef7686ef6f9e8f4

Sums it up

DBJ = pus kampaigner

Not too many of us fired up about this orchestrated "campaign", more bemused that someone at your club gave instructions to your players on what to say to the press.

This last one by Houston is perhaps the funniest "It's a mini-final. We're not playing finals, so this is our season on the line".

Power star further fans flames ahead of fiery Showdown

Maybe someone can have a chat with Dan and let him know where you guys are on the ladder, "the season on the line" was probably a few weeks ago.

Any way, all the best to Robbie on a great career - when he was hot no one could stop him, he certainly tore us a new one plenty of times.

See you at the footy!

You mean how your club and coach the past couple of days have deliberately referred to us as "Port Power". Nothing scripted there, no instructions given. ;)

******* hell that link is bad....

"There's so many reasons we want to win this last game," Houston told AFL.com.au.

"It's not just because we're going into the off-season and it's something that will go with us, it's not just for Kenny or Robbie.

"As a whole club we are set on winning this game and that's all we've got our eyes on at the moment, winning this game for the club, for Robbie, for Kenny, and for our fans."

Why... in the everloving .... would we be trying to win this game for "Kenny"? What does that even mean. s sake. So ***** embarrassing.
Please, please, please be a sign that the players know it's Ken's last game.

Designed merely to deflect the unrest they know exists amongst the fans. It's working.

It is PR aimed at the ‘diehard’ Port fans who have called up to cancel memberships.

Ok we aren’t wearing the PB’s ever again, or getting rid of the dickhead in the box, but we can pretend to hate the Crows! isnt that something we can all get behind?

This game is to farewell the GRAYtest, but we can't lose sight of the bigger picture.

Keep the pressure on the club, spread the word to all and sundry = do not renew memberships

This game is to farewell the GRAYtest, but we can't lose sight of the bigger picture.

Keep the pressure on the club, spread the word to all and sundry = do not renew memberships
Are you standing on the hill again with your sack hinkley top? If so i'll come and say hello if i spot you.

Are you standing on the hill again with your sack hinkley top? If so i'll come and say hello if i spot you.

Mate I'm not sure if I'm going. Got a few 'turmoils' going on at the moment. Not really in a good head space, so Loony is feeling a bit Loony at the moment and I think I may not react positively to negativity.

So I am 50/50 about going. Don't mean to be rude, would normally like to catch up with fellow Port supporters.

So let’s play this out…

1. We win by 10 plus goals and puff our chest out about beating up on the 14th placed team who we finish 2 wins and a couple of spots above?

2. We lose to this lot in whatever fashion and then what?

Either way it’s embarrassing. The standards that are now considered acceptable at ports are pathetic. How about some internal focus on either the champion that is hanging up his boots or just getting better and actually being worthy of us listening to what you have to say?

Jonas has been our worst ever captain by far. I don’t care what degrees he has, I work with people daily who have that level of education as a minimum and none talk as much s**t as him without being able to back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean how your club and coach the past couple of days have deliberately referred to us as "Port Power". Nothing scripted there, no instructions given. ;)
Tim Ginever host's a drive show with a theme song that calls us Port Power I'd say it's over.

Ginever has been a fukcing disappointment lately I must say.

They're just trying to put a bit of spice into and promote a game that means absolutely nothing. There haven't been many if any Showdowns where both teams were mathematically out of the season. But I agree with Nicks, surely celebrating Robbie Gray's career is enough.

20220819_123414.jpg

Well we are at least winning the race in the....................donut sales

Maybe we do love donuts🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back