Game Day R4 Port v Victorian Glenelg, at PAO

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does it still hurt even when i know it is going to happen and i knew it was happening for the last 2 hours why?

Because deep down you really want to believe.

I agree those areas are the root of our problems, especially the coaching box. Definitely the ******* coaching box. But it still stings when a free kick for holding in the box (almost certain goal) isn't given and they are gifted one instead to help get them out of defense.

we can do something about selections and coaching. **** me if we sent Ken home and kept paying him we'd probably have at least as good an on field outcome, while "getting games into" his replacement from within.

we don't get to have coffee with the umps (as Ryan Burton learned the hard way), we do seem to get the slightly rougher end of the pineapple compared to the other non Vic sides at home ... and we still need to grit and get over it, because for us it is mentally in the way of acting on the above two factors that are in our control.

Could’ve should’ve

What can one say

Sometimes there is only "The Scream". Who knew Edvard Munch was a Port fan? This version famously painted at Largs.

1555148524520.png

What was wrong with Ryder tonight?

He looked like he had joined the let's sack Ken Hinkley movement and was doing his protest.

Well that theory is a possibility. I suppose there might be many reasons why he stopped competing whilst standing beside Grimes at those end-game moments. Most people would give weight to the most likely ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for him. He shouldn't have had to be in that position, and this probably will stay with him for a while.

Group must get around him like Brisbane did with Cam Rayner... I think he failed in such a situation twice in his first year? Though to be fair Duursma Butters and Rozee seem a tad more extroverted.

Wines doesn’t deserve to be in the side, let alone be captaining.

Really not sure why people are mad with Hinkley over this one, other than selecting Wines last week I can’t see how we do more to win this one other than actually bloody execute.

Bonner, Rockliff, Sam Gray and Howard all played fine.

Jonas, Wines, Motlop and Westhoff all really let the other players down.

Also that umpiring was actually ******.

Ugh
We had 19 inside 50's in the last quarter only to be continually outmarked by Richmond. That has EVERYTHING to do with Hinkley.

Get smashed next week and it'll be sub 30K for Friday night.
yes it will and so it bloody well should be!

All we hear is its a 'Job' its our 'life' well guess what dickheads if you want to call footy a 'job' or ''work' then I can call it entertainment and just like the movies dont have to go

If tradition means so little that 140+ years of a sole captain, something symbolic of our glory days gets thrown out becuase Hinkleys ego needed a vanity statement then why should you expect the members to turn up like they traditionally used to? (FWIW we had one captain who showed the imposters what it actually means to be captain out there tonight he wore number 10)

The board sanctioned Kerns appointment when he didnt deserve it based on underperformance and now we've got underperformance still...

Kern you can GAGF as for the board and executive team youve lost our trust you *ers you need to earn it back

I’m in Warsaw for this one and won’t be able to watch, Ports by 86.
It's like déjà vu all over again. *en useless campaigners.

Hinkley's cooked and we need to move him on before the good work of our recruiters is wasted. I have absolutely no confidence that this will happen. *.

We had 19 inside 50's in the last quarter only to be continually outmarked by Richmond. That has EVERYTHING to do with Hinkley.

I like to think posts like the one you’re referring to are a very dry sarcasm.

But apparently going in unchanged despite Josh Walker having 11 intercept marks (out of 16) last week and then watching Dylan ‘Franz Beckenbauer’ Grimes and Sydney ‘Josh Gibson’ Stack sweep away a zillion futile entries under negligible pressure isn’t on the coach.

It's like déjà vu all over again. ****en useless campaigners.

Hinkley's cooked and we need to move him on before the good work of our recruiters is wasted. I have absolutely no confidence that this will happen. ****.
Exactly right. The skill we've had on the park and players available over the years have made Hinkley look a lot better than he is. A lesser group under his 'style' would be putting him out of the job in Brendan Mccartney or Rodney Eade Suns edition kind of time.

Koch believed in Ken I can understand that he has backed him in. But his next move is the one that mark him as a good chairman or not. To recognise that Ken is not up high expectations of port is a big call and to find a replacement to make us the best is a massive task. I think he could do it..does he have the balls to do it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back