Multiplat Rage 2

Remove this Banner Ad

7 on Game Informer, 8 on IGN. IGN's summary is good enough for me, I was just waiting to see if it was a total bomb or not. Can't find much about game length though. One review in progress mentioned 25+ hours but I've read elsewhere that it's quite short like the first game and can be padded out to 25-30 hours.

With its large open world and vast array of upgrades to earn, Rage 2 feels very much like an antidote for Far Cry fans who have overdosed on that particular style and want a new take on the large-scale shooter-RPG idea. Though Avalanche hasn’t quite figured out what makes a world feel alive and dynamic or how to make good use of its vehicles, it absolutely nails the moment-to-moment combat thanks to a Doom-inspired energetic pace that few shooters manage to pull off. Combined with a steady stream of great weapons, abilities, and upgrades, its firefights are constantly reinvigorated even as mission objectives become repetitive.
https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/05/13/rage-2-review

I like the sound of the Doom style of combat. I loved that last Doom, but the level building was fantastic too which sounds like it is missing from this one.
Best shooter Ive played. A major part of it was the platforming and movement around confined spaces which I don't think this will recreate.

Hoepfully there's stuff to do in this, even if it's repetitive. The gun play seems like it can carry some of the chaff.

7 on Game Informer, 8 on IGN. IGN's summary is good enough for me, I was just waiting to see if it was a total bomb or not. Can't find much about game length though. One review in progress mentioned 25+ hours but I've read elsewhere that it's quite short like the first game and can be padded out to 25-30 hours.

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/05/13/rage-2-review

The reviews I've watched say you can finish the story in 8-11 hours. but there's 30+ hours of gameplay if you do all the side missions.

Cant decide whether to skip this game or fork out the $130, considering it offers only a single player campaign and no multiplayer or anything else to keep you coming back. Reviews are saying the combat is absolutely amazing but everything else is poorly done - the open world is bland and lifeless, the UI/menus are an absolute clusterf*ck, the vehicles are clunky and not fun to drive, and the story and characters are awful.

Cant decide whether to skip this game or fork out the $130, considering it offers only a single player campaign and no multiplayer or anything else to keep you coming back. Reviews are saying the combat is absolutely amazing but everything else is poorly done - the open world is bland and lifeless, the UI/menus are an absolute clusterf*ck, the vehicles are clunky and not fun to drive, and the story and characters are awful.

$130?

I'm going to wait for the DLCs and content updates to see if it improves, it doesn't sound like a must buy game right now and my backlog is big enough as it is.
Yeah I am slugging through ACO first. Then I am tossing up between this and Days Gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finding it really frustrating, when the combat is up and going it's fun but outside of that it's just frustrating af. Driving feels like you're steering a cruise ship and don't even get me started on trying to shoot from the car.

I would also add that some of the towns you visit in this game have a cyberpunk feel to them. Lots of bright neon colours, people with bionic body parts, and people with wacky hairstyles and weird outfits. I think this game offers a glimpse into what Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be like.

Loving this.

Some annoyances, like clearing out a bandit camp or whatever then trying find elusive crates and other random items to 100% clear it out. I know it's optional to do, but still.

The actual combat is up there with Doom and Titanfall 2, and the game is a lot better than the original Rage. I'll give it a 8/10 (versus a 5 for the original).

It is repetitive, but so is something like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I love that too. The basic gameplay loop is so much fun I'm happy to do it over and over again.

Loving this.

Some annoyances, like clearing out a bandit camp or whatever then trying find elusive crates and other random items to 100% clear it out. I know it's optional to do, but still.

The actual combat is up there with Doom and Titanfall 2, and the game is a lot better than the original Rage. I'll give it a 8/10 (versus a 5 for the original).

It is repetitive, but so is something like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I love that too. The basic gameplay loop is so much fun I'm happy to do it over and over again.

It becomes a lot easier to find money crates and data pads when you get a certain upgrade (cant remember the name of it) that gives you a little radar at the top of the screen to help you find those kinds of items.

On a side note, there's parts of the game where I feel like I'm playing Halo. It's kind of trippy how the game feels like a mixture of every major FPS franchise that came before it.

It becomes a lot easier to find money crates and data pads when you get a certain upgrade (cant remember the name of it) that gives you a little radar at the top of the screen to help you find those kinds of items.

On a side note, there's parts of the game where I feel like I'm playing Halo. It's kind of trippy how the game feels like a mixture of every major FPS franchise that came before it.

Yep, I have it now. Had to progress through the main story when I was just hooning around hitting bandit camps haha. They're Dr Kvasir's upgrades.

This game is ******* awesome.

Go out, get as much stuff from the arks as possible then appreciate the combat. At times, it feels like Borderlands, at other times it's like Doom.

I only have 4 guns so I must have done s**t in the wrong order or missed some arks somehow. I have the sidewinder pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, and firestorm revolver (which is supposed to be one of the last guns you acquire).

Anyone else feel like you're playing Halo when you're shooting your way through those high-tech spaceship environments?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back