Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That copper might be in a bit of trouble using a taser on the elderly.. Even if she was defying orders, he still has a duty of care.
but itā€™s emerica so who knows.

She point blank refused instruction multiple times, drove off on him, then kicked out at him.

She point blank refused instruction multiple times, drove off on him, then kicked out at him.
Yeah tasers are still considered using lethal force, youā€™re only meant to use them when you feel your life is endanger, ie someone is pulling out a knife or something similar. Personal opinion but I donā€™t think that force was proportional.

Going to sound sexist but if he canā€™t arrest an old lady without resorting to a taser what the hell is he doing on the force.

heā€™ll be the first to pull a gun and pull a trigger when confronted by an unarmed teenage assailant.

Mismanaged pandemic.

Look! Obama!
He is talking to his base, did you know over the weekend Biden was named as a defendant(criminal) in the Ukraine case?
So that whole effort to impeach trump was for what??

Last edited:
He is talking to heā€™s base, did you know over the weekend Biden was named as a defendant(criminal) in the Ukraine case?
So that whole effort to impeach trump was for what??

Perhaps I'm misreading this, but surely "Biden should be named" as an "alleged perpetrator" is not the same as "Biden was named as a defendant(criminal)".

A small but important difference.

Not that I'm supporting Biden or the Democrats, but there were sufficient grounds to impeach Trump.

Anyway, it all pales into insignificance when assessing what has happened since due to Trump's disastrous inability to lead effectively, exacerbating the impact of the pandemic.

Perhaps I'm misreading this, but surely "Biden should be named" as an "alleged perpetrator" is not the same as "Biden was named as a defendant(criminal)".

A small but important difference.

Not that I'm supporting Biden or the Democrats, but there were sufficient grounds to impeach Trump.

Anyway, it all pales into insignificance when assessing what has happened since due to Trump's disastrous inability to lead effectively, exacerbating the impact of the pandemic.
Can you please explain the sufficient grounds to impeach?

these are exactly the underhanded tactics that are giving him more support not less..

Can you please explain the sufficient grounds to impeach?

these are exactly the underhanded tactics that are giving him more support not less..

There are many online resources that outline impeachment grounds and it's not limited to the very messy Russia-Ukraine elements. Here's one that is short and to the point.

Personally, I think the one that he deserved to go down for was number 2. But others are just as serious.

(Oh, and I agree with your second statement - evidence of the opposition dirty tactics are a good outcome for Trump).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah tasers are still considered using lethal force, youā€™re only meant to use them when you feel your life is endanger, ie someone is pulling out a knife or something similar. Personal opinion but I donā€™t think that force was proportional.

Going to sound sexist but if he canā€™t arrest an old lady without resorting to a taser what the hell is he doing on the force.

heā€™ll be the first to pull a gun and pull a trigger when confronted by an unarmed teenage assailant.

Yeah, it is a damning comment on US policing and society.

There are many online resources that outline impeachment grounds and it's not limited to the very messy Russia-Ukraine elements. Here's one that is short and to the point.

Personally, I think the one that he deserved to go down for was number 2. But others are just as serious.

(Oh, and I agree with your second statement - evidence of the opposition dirty tactics are a good outcome for Trump).
Youā€™re actually joking right?
what youā€™ve posted is so 2019, have you bothered to follow the story since?
with any of the recent Grenell declassifications with the fisa abuses?

Comey was a hack, who shouldā€™ve been fired, russiagate was a hokes, Muller stood up on the stand and couldnā€™t even remember the basics. He tried and failed to link Russian hackers to Wikileaks

Guccifer 2.0, the alleged Russian agent who passed files onto Wikileaks doesnā€™t exist, well he likely was an IT staffer from the Whitehouse.

there was no Russian collusion.

the impeachment basically boiled down to a sovereign nation investigating an American politician.

this whole last three years has been a waste of time. As no one has bothered to fight Trumps policies, theyā€™ve run off on wild goose chases instead.

Youā€™re actually joking right?
what youā€™ve posted is so 2019, have you bothered to follow the story since?
with any of the recent Grenell declassifications with the fisa abuses?

Comey was a hack, who shouldā€™ve been fired, russiagate was a hokes, Muller stood up on the stand and couldnā€™t even remember the basics. He tried and failed to link Russian hackers to Wikileaks

Guccifer 2.0, the alleged Russian agent who passed files onto Wikileaks doesnā€™t exist, well he likely was an IT staffer from the Whitehouse.

there was no Russian collusion.

this whole last three years has been a waste of time. As no one has bothered to fight Trumps policies, theyā€™ve run off on wild goose chases instead.

Did you miss my point? I said there were sufficient grounds for impeachment and not necessarily just the Russia-Ukraine mess (which is probably not as clear-cut as you present, but even if it is, it doesn't matter to the overall point).

It was a waste of time simply because of the flawed system that follows. Not because there were no impeachable offences. You're arguing against US Law professors if you deny this.

PS - no, I haven't bothered to follow the story in any detail since. He's gotten away with so much wrongdoing that it bores me. I'm more concerned about the serious implications of his completely juvenile leadership style resulting in thousands of preventable deaths. And I started on this at least a couple of months ago when it was clear that he had already made fatal errors.

Last edited:
Did you miss my point? I said there were sufficient grounds for impeachment and not necessarily just the Russia-Ukraine mess (which is probably not as clear-cut as you present, but even if it is, it doesn't matter to the overall point).

It was a waste of time simply because of the flawed system that follows. Not because there were no impeachable offences. You're arguing against US Law professors if you deny this.

PS - no, I haven't bothered to follow the story in any detail since. He's gotten away with so much wrongdoing that it bores me. I'm more concerned about the serious implications of his completely juvenile leadership style resulting in thousands of preventable deaths. And I started on this at least a couple of months ago when it was clear that he had already made fatal errors.
No I responded to your point,
I could go by point by point, showing that article was nonsense, even point two you raise. Heā€™s allowed to have shares in a company. Heā€™s no longer a director and doesnā€™t have anything to do with day to day runnings. That is not illegal any suggestion otherwise is obfuscation.
so basically you want him to go down no matter what?
that sets a very dangerous precedent, having unelected bureaucrats selecting who or not can become president in the states.
thereā€™s only one way to beat him and thatā€™s at the ballot box, yet the democrats(yourself included) donā€™t seem to care if he wins or loses.

Last edited:
No I responded to youā€™re point,
I could go by point by point, showing that article was nonsense, even point two you raise. Heā€™s allowed to have shares in a company. Heā€™s no longer a director and doesnā€™t have anything to do with day to day runnings. That is not illegal any suggestion otherwise is obfuscation.
so basically you want him to go down no matter what?
that sets a very dangerous precedent, having unelected bureaucrats selecting who or not can become president in the states.
thereā€™s only one way to beat him and thatā€™s at the ballot box, yet the democrats donā€™t seem to care if he wins or loses.

Of course he's allowed to hold shares, except where there are conflicts of interest. If you are trying to sell the notion that his only alleged abuse of the powers of his office for personal gain was holding shares, you are being misleading (either deliberately or unwittingly).

Of course he's allowed to hold shares, except where there are conflicts of interest. If you are trying to sell the notion that his only alleged abuse of the powers of his office for personal gain was holding shares, you are being misleading (either deliberately or unwittingly).
Please tell me you donā€™t think heads of state, whoā€™ve actually stayed at trump resorts before, is akin to bribery..

Iā€™d actually really like to know.

btw this is what corruption in office looks like, using a classified briefing to profit. If you can point to something like this id be happy to say Iā€™m wrong.

Please tell me you donā€™t think heads of state, whoā€™ve actually stayed at trump resorts before, is akin to bribery..

Iā€™d actually really like to know.

btw this is what corruption in office looks like, using a classified briefing to profit. If you can point to something like this id be happy to say Iā€™m wrong.

OK, now I know it was a deliberate misleading. Pretending that a small proportion of the use of Trump resorts is the extent of his self enrichment, completely ignoring that US agencies and military forces were forced to spend millions in taxpayer funds on them. Plus the taint of conflict in other significant business dealings, e.g. he's still being investigated for the Deutsche Bank loans and conflicts relating to his Scotland and Dubai golf resorts. And he's still fighting release of his tax returns ...

Yes, the sale of shares based on insider information is illegal. What's your point? Are you praising Trump for not doing this? Weird.

OK, now I know it was a deliberate misleading. Pretending that a small proportion of the use of Trump resorts is the extent of his self enrichment, completely ignoring that US agencies and military forces were forced to spend millions in taxpayer funds on them. Plus the taint of conflict in other significant business dealings, e.g. he's still being investigated for the Deutsche Bank loans and conflicts relating to his Scotland and Dubai golf resorts. And he's still fighting release of his tax returns ...

Yes, the sale of shares based on insider information is illegal. What's your point? Are you praising Trump for not doing this? Weird.
Trump is a failed businessman yes, but trying to tie anything to him thatā€™ll stick wonā€™t work. If there was anything Muller, McCabe, the house committee wouldā€™ve found it and used it by now.

heā€™s fighting the release of his tax returns because news flash he doesnā€™t pay tax, hasnt since the 90s and yes thatā€™s not illegal either.

old saying in politics is, the people are always right, you might not agree with the people but theyā€™re always right.

This notion to try and remove a duly elected president by any means necessary is weird and dangerous. Beat him with policy, not by spreading rumours on the interwebs.

Trump is a failed businessman yes, but trying to tie anything to him thatā€™ll stick wonā€™t work. If there was anything Muller, McCabe, the house committee wouldā€™ve found it and used it by now.

heā€™s fighting the release of his tax returns because news flash he doesnā€™t pay tax, hasnt since the 90s and yes thatā€™s not illegal either.

old saying in politics is, the people are always right, you might not agree with the people but theyā€™re always right.

This notion to try and remove a duly elected president by any means necessary is weird and dangerous. Beat him with policy, not by spreading rumours on the interwebs.

Again, I'm not a fan of the Democrats either, and it's a terrible situation for the citizens of the US that they probably won't beat Trump on policy.

However, you're fobbing off the degree to which he has self-enriched during his presidency. I suspect they have found and will find plenty on this. He's in real trouble if he doesn't win in November.

And not paying tax is only legal if you've avoided paying it by legal means. Of course, there are plenty of ways to do this, so why won't he allow scrutiny of his tax returns to remove any doubt?

Again, I'm not a fan of the Democrats either, and it's a terrible situation for the citizens of the US that they probably won't beat Trump on policy.

However, you're fobbing off the degree to which he has self-enriched during his presidency. I suspect they have found and will find plenty on this. He's in real trouble if he doesn't win in November.

And not paying tax is only legal if you've avoided paying it by legal means. Of course, there are plenty of ways to do this, so why won't he allow scrutiny of his tax returns to remove any doubt?
It is a shame for the Americans, they never had a chance, Biden is not a viable candidate. All trump has to do is ask if Biden still has the mental capacity to tie his own shoelaces.

itā€™s a bit of a shame for the rest of the world, we werent able to see the train wreck if they got to do the conventions.

their whole system is wrong, I'm just thankful We all live here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back