Banter Random Discussion Thread 145- More Reliable Than Russian Drug Testing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

f733814ad0264bb49320cab9fae7e257.jpg

Any excuse to post a Norm clip will do.

The 4 Poms outshone the rest. Hales, Inglis and Livo all dominated with the bat, while Jordan chimed in with the ball.

Can somebody explain the appeal of the 'hottest 100' to me? From the outside, it mainly comes across as pretentious douchebaggery.

That Dance Monkey song seems to have my friends raging at the prospect of it making the top 100. But I listen to it, and while it wasn't the right choice for the Grand Final, it sounds good - and it sounds pretty alternative/cool to me, even if it has big mainstream appeal. Certainly doesn't sound much different to music I've heard on JJJ before. Is the rage just because of its mainstream popularity? Or is there more to it that I don't understand. Surely it should be about the music regardless?

Oh, and they all post their 'top 10s' on social media with very smug captions. Stahp.

Aus Day for me means Aussie classics at the BBQ, not whatever the 'hottest 100' is, but each to their own I suppose!

EDIT: Apparently it isn't on Aussie day anymore? Shows how much attention I pay haha.
Ever since JJJ became so heavily rotation based, the hottest 100 is simply their equivalent of Spotify putting together your favourites playlist at the end of the year

I like celebrating all of our idiosyncrasies together on a day with copious amounts of booze and loud boorish yelling. Or you know, however you do it.

No, that pretty well sums up my day.

Nothing particularly special or culturally significant about 25 January.

Well that's not entirely true. It's my cousin's birthday that day. So...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo and Longmuir spotted sitting together at Scorcher’s game ..
Should we be concerned for any warm and fuzzy feelings from Simmo wishing Longy good luck down at Freo. ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes.

I am currently shaking with fear that Simmo will now throw all derbies because he went to a cricket game with his mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back