Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
FB_IMG_1553043262589.jpg

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What is with people these days, i just saw a petition for Game of Thrones 'demanding' the final season be re written.

I've never watched Game of Thrones but how self important do you have to be to expect a whole TV series to be re written because you decided it wasn't good enough.

Nufties.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
What is with people these days, i just saw a petition for Game of Thrones 'demanding' the final season be re written.

I've never watched Game of Thrones but how self important do you have to be to expect a whole TV series to be re written because you decided it wasn't good enough.

Nufties.
I sympathise with them, given how diabolically bad the current season is/has been. Even so, asking for a complete re-write is the height of stupidity.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Nufties.

They're just complete dorks. Fat and living-with-their-parents comic book superhero loving nerds.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
What happened to just not watching it?
When you've enjoyed it for 5 odd seasons I think you're going to sit through it either way. Like it's not bad, but it's certainly declined in recent seasons - I'm guessing since they've caught up to the book and had to wing it.

Not watching it is similar to saying not watching your team when they're losing and not complaining in a way. It's gonna happen.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Is there any series that doesn’t decline?
Regurgitator took the piss out of it with their song We like your old stuff better than your new stuff

Applies to literally everything

Even shows like The Wire that are universally lauded got absolutely savaged in their final season for "jumping the shark"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Regurgitator took the piss out of it with their song We like your old stuff better than your new stuff

Applies to literally everything

Even shows like The Wire that are universally lauded got absolutely savaged in their final season for "jumping the shark"
The shield was pretty decent all through.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Is there any series that doesn’t decline?
Most do - but there is a clear delineation between the episodes where D&D had GRRM's source material doing the heavy lifting, and the latter series where they had to do most of the work themselves.

When that happened, characters went from being 3-dimensional to 1-dimensional parodies of themselves (Tyrion, Cersei, Varys - basically everyone except Sansa, Jon & Dany). The laws of physics were repeatedly broken. Characters developed plot armour which made them impervious to danger, despite being placed in situations where death was the only possibility (think Sam/Brienne/Jamie all completely smothered by wights in ep #3, yet they all inexplicably survived). Massive consistency gaps started to open up, with events failing to remain consistent from episode to episode - let alone consistency with previous seasons.

Put bluntly, D&D did an amazing job of adapting GRRM's books into screenplays in the early seasons. Unfortunately, they failed dismally when they had to rely on their own creative skills.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The shield was pretty decent all through.
Haven't seen the Shield. Will watch it next!

Am finally catching up on the Sopranos at the moment. For whatever reason just hadn't got around to it. Reading a few old episode reviews as I watch it (up to Season 4 now) and it's another great tv show that was panned at various stages throughout its run

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Haven't seen the Shield. Will watch it next!

Am finally catching up on the Sopranos at the moment. For whatever reason just hadn't got around to it. Reading a few old episode reviews as I watch it (up to Season 4 now) and it's another great tv show that was panned at various stages throughout its run
From what I understand it’s very similar to the wire (which I haven’t got around to watching)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Nufties.

FB_IMG_1559883383299.jpg

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
From what I understand it’s very similar to the wire (which I haven’t got around to watching)

Every best of poll will normally have The Wire in he top 5. I battled through 2 and a half seasons before finally giving it up. Incredibly overrated show.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel like the Sopranos was strong till the end.

Breaking Bad probably peaked the season before I thought, not that last was bad by any measure but I thought the ending of season 4 (?) was fantastic.

Sopranos was brilliant to the end. Best TV drama of all time by a mile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back