Rate- futurama, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, American Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

In my humble opinion, anyone that rates Family Guy ahead of The Simpsons should be shot.

1. The Simpsons (seasons 1-8, 14-16)
2. Futurama
3. South Park
4. American Dad
5. Family Guy
6. The Simpsons (seasons 9-13)

All are very watchable, save for some of the worst Simpsons episodes during Mike Scully's reign of terror.

1. Simpsons - simply the best and will always be
2. Family Guy - Hilarious humour and more subtle humour not just dirty jokes
3. South Park - Hell funny but childish at times and some episodes are just plain stupid
4. Futurama - Funny but can get a bit boring at times...
5. American Dad- Way too similar to Family guy except not as funny maybe is more funny then futurama at times but some episodes just are stupid

1. Futurama - Great episodes and characters. Ended just after it peaked.
2. Family Guy - pushes the envelope more than The Simpsons.
3. South Park - just goes places no-one else would, but can get absurd.
4. The Simpsons - Great first four seasons, something changed after that and apparently I'm the only one who can see it.
5. American Dad - Seen one episode of it, so I can't rate it yet.

1. Futurama (The pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. It's funny, has a decent dose of heart and intricate storytelling)
2. The Simpsons (At it's peak nothing comes close, nowadays it seems like it's trying to keep up with Family Guy)
3. Family Guy (Absolutely hilarious)
4. South Park (Brilliant at times, but it can grow tiresome)
5. American Dad (I'll wait to see a few more episodes before I judge it)

1 - Old Simpsons
2 - Family Guy
3 - South Park
4 - Drawn Together
5 - American Dad
6 - Ren & Stimpy
7 - Futurama
8 - Beavis & Butthead
9 - New Simpsons
10 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11 - King of the Hill
12 - Bro' Town

-Buzz- said:
In my humble opinion, anyone that rates Family Guy ahead of The Simpsons should be shot.
Get the gun ready:

Family Guy > Simpsons

1. The Simpsons
2. Futurama
3. South Park
4. Family Guy
5. American Dad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BATTERY said:
1. futurama
2. The Simpsons
3. South Park
4. The Ren and Stimpy
5. Family Guy (Copy of the Simpsons)
pfft, you obviously havent watched it much.

1. The Simpsons
2. Family Guy
3. Futarama
4. American Dad
5. South Park

About Ren and Stimpy it's on late night TV now just in case you want to watch it. Oh and what's Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Re: Ren & Stimpy - how late? an all time favourite of mine.

Watched an 8 episode DVD of the Family Guy with the missus...goes straight to #1. Sharp as an axe, and a mate of mine is a dead ringer for Pete Griffin.

South Park - starting to get a bit hit and miss, but still good.

Simpsons/Futurama - hard to separate. Starting to get a bit 'over' the Simpsons, and haven't seen enough of Futurama to really rate it. What I've seen wasn't too bad.

American Dad - haven't seen it.

Squizza said:
Oh and what's Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

It is probably the weirdest show of the lot. It is made by the same group as Family Guy I think. It takes a while to get into it but once I watched a few episodes I loved it. Some small reviews are shown below:

Go back! What was that?
Wait, was that a talking milkshake, and was he pulling out a chainsaw on a living meatball. Well ya, it was, and I must say as odd as it is, it is hillarious. It takes awhile to get used to the characters and their personalities, but once you do, an odd show that seems just mildly funny becomes a riot. With moments like when Meatwad gets swallowed by a snake, and his friends get the snake drunk in hopes that he would throw him back up, this show is one of a kind in the humor department.

My final review: Give it a few tries. Like mold on a meatwad, it grows on you

Personal favorite
This is a show about a psychic box of french fries, a wad of stupid meat, and a milkshake that is just mean. On the surface, you're probably wondering what the heck kind of show could you be, and you'd be describing it perfectly. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is about three roommates, who are foods. There's Frylock who's the moral and sensible one, Meatwad, who's a complete and loveable idiot, and Master Shake, who's just a jerk to everyone. The show's plot... well there is none. For 11 minutes you will see the craziest things you've ever seen. For example, episodes revolving around an evil sandwhich, or leprachauns who rob people in the park with a rainbow machine. The episodes are all funny, and the show has it's own cast of regular characters besides the Aqua Teens, such as Carl, the Aqua Teen's neighbor who's a vile, disgusting, pathetic man, and who hates the Aqua Teens. There's also the Mooninites, the Plutoians, the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future... and many others. If you like pure stupid hilarious comedy, give this one a try. It's not for everyone, but it's hit or miss. If you don't hate it, you're bound to start loving it eventually.

For me The Simpsons after season 8 or 9 just went to pi$$ and thats when i would say that Family Guy (in particular Stewie and Brian for me) took over. Futurama will always be a favourite because they stuck to their guns until the very end, without really releasing a stinker.
South park did go through a lull period, but they are back with a vengence (but in all honesty i would like to see the boys retire SP to go for a new angle).
American Dad does have its moments, but is too close to Family Guy.

SO!

1. The Simpsons (1-8)
2. Futurama
3. Family Guy
4. South Park
5. American Dad
6. Post season 8 Simpsons

Honorable mention to Duckman! - once i can get hold of a DVD it may go into the rankings.

1. The Simpsons - Best show ever
2. Futurama
3. South Park
4. Family Guy - Only seen 1 episode ever of it and it was pretty funny but i dont wanna rate it on 1 episode only
5. American Dad - Never heard or watched this show

1. The Simpsons
2. South Park
3. Futurama
4. Family Guy
5. American Dad

Funnily enough that's also ranked by intelligence. South Park is far smarter than most drones give it credit for, especially later episodes.

On personal opinion:

1 - Futurama
2 - King of the Hill
3 - Simpsons
4 - Family Guy
5 - South Park
6 - American Dad

I rate Futurama the best. Its my most favourite cartoon of all time. Xoidberg is the best cartoon character of all time. Something about it that makes me crack up everytime.

I put King of the Hill in there as its highly underrated. When it first came out I thought it was terrible. But now that im older and understand all the jokes now...it is one terrificly funny cartoon. Watch it every morning before I go to work. Fantastic.

Simpsons I put at 3, only because I am bored of it. It is the best cartoon of all time. Revolutionised cartoon comedy and the best episodes are funnier than almost any other TV show on the universe. The fact that it has been shown 5-8 times a week on Channel 10 non stop for the past 12 years and 10 times a week on Fox has made me bored of it and almost unwatchable. Maybe I should stop watching it for 5 years so I get the laughs back again.

South Park - Funny sometimes. Annoying at others. Some great episodes though. Dont rate it all that highly

Family Guy - Hit and miss. Some episodes ive been on the floor....others i havent even s************ed at. I need to watch more episodes but at the moment its an average cartoon that has its moments. Probably the most overrated show ive come across.

American Dad - havent seen an episode yet so cant comment.

Need to bring this thread back. My rankings have changed a bit since the thread was made.

Keep in mind that these shows are in my top 6 favourite of all time (along with Black Books), so there is no shame in being last.

1 - Futurama (Just a brilliant show. Mixes all sorts of humour together and has a great balance of plots/comedy/drama. The new movie is fantastic)

2 - The Simpsons (It has dropped away, but it holds a good position just through sheer mass of great episodes and the countless hilarious quotes)

3 - Family Guy (Just a very, very funny show. I hope that they finish up soon though because it is getting stale. One or two more seasons will do)

4 - South Park (At its best it is brilliant. I love their relentless bagging of any group of people. Some episodes are very tiresome though and I do wonder how much longer it can last)

5 - American Dad (I would rather watch new American Dad than new Family Guy, but with just a few seasons to judge it on it can't be put ahead of the other 4. Extremely funny show even though it has some annoying characters. If it can keep up the current level for a few more seasons it could rise in the rankings)

Simpsons - Sure, the new ones suck, but at their peak nothing could or ever will touch them.

South Park - Still awesome after all these years. The last couple of seasons have really picked up the quality from the years previous.

Futurama - Funny show that goes beyond being a cartoon sitcom. Great characters and writing and not afraid to bring out some emotion.

-eternity-

Family Guy - I got sick of it very fast. From what I've seen of the new stuff it's gone even more downhill.

American Dad - Has it moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back