Rate my Super Coach team part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen... stop shooting holes in my theory ok???? :p:eek:;)

I've kicked myself everytime I've had the opportunity to pick up Ro"K and didn't. Ended up costing me big time. Not going to let it happen again. Besides, last year Pav let me down a few times when I really need him to fire and he has to earn my trust again.

Mind you, it's 28 days until the bounce and Pav may get a start yet... :D

haha, i'm still kicking myself i didn't get him last season..! Also ROK is more durable if that puts your mind at ease..? Its funny how we develop relationships with supercoach players and start talking about how badly player A burnt me and Player B needs to earn my trust.. :)

Matty Pav is, to me, by far Freo's most valuable player. He is a freaking gun. Definately up there with Riewoldt, just as good (can't say he's better because of bias.)

If he plays forward, they will send him the ball most times, and Pav will use it well if he gets it. He is bound to fire this year.

But that's like saying Sylvia is Melbourne's best player. It's hardly a ringing endorsement now is it??? :D:p

Not arguing with any of the rest though. I've gone with two guns/premiums and I think they're the best option for my team at this stage. :thumbsu:

Can anyone give me an assessment:

Def: Hodge, Gilbee, Carrazzo, Kennelly, Hunt, Ladson, Waters (Sheppard, Maguire)

Mid: Ablett, Cooney, Vince, Burgoyne, Walker, Trengove (Martin, Morabito)

Ruck: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Trengove)

Fwd: Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Higgins, Murphy, Dangerfield, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Wanamaearri)

$126k in the bank.

But that's like saying Sylvia is Melbourne's best player. It's hardly a ringing endorsement now is it??? :D:p

Not arguing with any of the rest though. I've gone with two guns/premiums and I think they're the best option for my team at this stage. :thumbsu:

I understand where you're coming from. I probably didn't explain that well.

Doig Medallist 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Ross Glendinning Medallist Rd 3 and Rd 18 2008
Fremantle Leading Goal Kicker 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
All Australian 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
International Rules Series 2002, 2003
Fremantle Football Club Captain 2007-2008

From Wikipedia, so it's a little outta date, but you get the point.

I understand where you're coming from. I probably didn't explain that well.

Doig Medallist 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Ross Glendinning Medallist Rd 3 and Rd 18 2008
Fremantle Leading Goal Kicker 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
All Australian 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
International Rules Series 2002, 2003
Fremantle Football Club Captain 2007-2008

From Wikipedia, so it's a little outta date, but you get the point.

What are you saying??? He had a shite 2004???

Backs: Goodwin, Enright, Kennelly, H.Shaw, Hodge, J.Hunt, Malceski....Carlisle and Blight as subs.

Mids: Goodes, Pendlebury, Vince, Palmer, Cooney... Lewis Jetta, D.Martin and Michael Barlow

Rucks: Ottens, Hille, Charman and young Stanley from St. Kilda

Forwards: Pavlich, Franklin, Giansirracusa, J Brennan, Ziebell, Ballantyne....Dennis-Lane and Davis as subs.

Still haven't worked out all of my emergencies yet, will wait for end of Nab cup/challenge

Last year I changed my team about 100 times before round 1 and it ended badly for me (barely averaged 2100) so now I'll just keep this core and just change the subs and some fringe players only.

Backs: Goodwin, Enright, Kennelly, H.Shaw, Hodge, J.Hunt, Malceski....Carlisle and Blight as subs.

Mids: Goodes, Pendlebury, Vince, Palmer, Cooney... Lewis Jetta, D.Martin and Michael Barlow

Rucks: Ottens, Hille, Charman and young Stanley from St. Kilda

Forwards: Pavlich, Franklin, Giansirracusa, J Brennan, Ziebell, Ballantyne....Dennis-Lane and Davis as subs.

Still haven't worked out all of my emergencies yet, will wait for end of Nab cup/challenge

Last year I changed my team about 100 times before round 1 and it ended badly for me (barely averaged 2100) so now I'll just keep this core and just change the subs and some fringe players only.

Looks good to me.

Backs:personally, I feel that Goodwin is pretty expensive and at his age has to come off at some stage. Crows fans would probably disagree. At that price you might be safer with Fisher?

Like your midfield.

Was thinking about Ottens myself. Think he'll be great if injury, frustrating if not....I'm sure you've weighed up the risk/ reward.

Fwd: I like Murphy more than Gian, Ballantyne good if he gets a run in the midfield, and I'd suggest also watching Matt Campbell's pre-season form. He's a similar price to Ziebell but under-rated and will get mid-field time. Scored 98 pts against the cats last week.

What do you think about:

Def: Hodge, Gilbee, Carrazzo, Kennelly, Hunt, Ladson, Waters (Sheppard, Maguire)

Fwd: Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Higgins, Murphy, Dangerfield, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Wanamaearri)

$126k in the bank.

Def Goddard Enright Hurn Gillies Maguire
Carrazzo Ladson Greenwood Davis

Mid RoK Vince Doughty Morabito
Hodge Ball Trengrove Jetta

Ruck Sandilands Naitanui Warnock *3,400

FWD Reiwoldt Pavlich Franklin C.Stokes Lynch
Hall Dangerfield Ziebell Gumbleton

Any thoughts on this side i have put together

Looks good to me.

Backs:personally, I feel that Goodwin is pretty expensive and at his age has to come off at some stage. Crows fans would probably disagree. At that price you might be safer with Fisher?

Like your midfield.

Was thinking about Ottens myself. Think he'll be great if injury, frustrating if not....I'm sure you've weighed up the risk/ reward.

Fwd: I like Murphy more than Gian, Ballantyne good if he gets a run in the midfield, and I'd suggest also watching Matt Campbell's pre-season form. He's a similar price to Ziebell but under-rated and will get mid-field time. Scored 98 pts against the cats last week.

What do you think about:

$126k in the bank.
Ok, made a couple of changes to my team... Got rid of Goodes and Pendlebury and got Ablett and Prismall

Exchanged Goodwin for Bock....and Palmer for Masten

----

Your backline reminds me of mine... risky selections...could go horribly wrong, but could also win you the ute! :p

I like your midfield, Burgoyne selection is a fair bit risky, hopefully he goes good for you...would probably go Scully over Trengove, but who knows at this point

Can't fault your forward line apart from Harvey...same thing applies for him as you said for Goodwin, I guess.

Good rucks too.

First time doing SC, always been a DT man.

Picture1-1.png

Thoughts?

First time doing SC, always been a DT man.

Picture1-1.png

Thoughts?

Love the Mac...

Seriously though, looks like a pretty good team, I personally got rid of Davis due to poor NAB cup performance and crows supporters advice

Also had Lewis last year, and although averages pretty good scores, can get hot headed and might be a risk!

And here's mine...

Backs: Drummond, Enright, Fisher, Hodge, X Ellis, Hunt, Silvagni
EMG:Maguire, Shepheard (FREM)

Mids: Ablett, Sewell, J Watson, Masten, D Martin, Banner
EMG: Shuey, Bastinac

Rucks: Sandilands, Tippet
EMG: Skipper, Lobbe

Forwards: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Rockliff
EMG: T Lynch, Podsiadly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted a few pages back, but no feedback given even after i gave feedback to others.

My Team:

Backs: Goddard Enright Hodge Mackie Waite Everitt Waters (Maguire/Shepheard)

Mids: Ablett Cooney Boak Burgoyne Dangerfield Martin (LJetts/Barlow)

Rucks: Jolly White (Warnock/Lobbe)

Forwards: NRiewoldt Franklin Tippett Hawkins Varcoe Ziebell Medhurst (Gumbleton/Podsiadly)

42,300 in the bank

Posted a few pages back, but no feedback given even after i gave feedback to others.

My Team:

Backs: Goddard Enright Hodge Mackie Waite Everitt Waters (Maguire/Shepheard)

Mids: Ablett Cooney Boak Burgoyne Dangerfield Martin (LJetts/Barlow)

Rucks: Jolly White (Warnock/Lobbe)

Forwards: NRiewoldt Franklin Tippett Hawkins Varcoe Ziebell Medhurst (Gumbleton/Podsiadly)

42,300 in the bank

Looks good to me.

Backs:Looks good, but watch Enright who apparently had minor knee surgery after last week's NAB Cup game

Like your midfield. Interested in your rationale for Boak - I've been considering him myself.

Rucks: I'd consider Hille over White, but watch preseason form.

Fwd: Personally, don't rate Hawkins. At that price there are plenty of other value options (I've got a few in my team you could consider).

What do you think about:

$126k in the bank.

Bored in LOTE, so posting team.

DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Hodge, Fisher, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters
RES: Maguire, Davis

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Selwood, Burgoyne, Trengove, Martin
RES: Shuey, Bastinac

RUCK: Sandilands, Kreuzer
RES: Warnock, Lobbe

FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Tippett, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Gumbleton(if he is alright)
RES: Dennis-Lane, Podsiadly

I'll take my chances with Gumby

FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Tippett, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Gumbleton(if he is alright)

This looks like a very solid side which should be very competitive from the beginning, like your mids alot very similar to mine in fact. Rucks are solid & your forwardline has the potential to score massively. Your last 3 defenders are probably stock standard but like you I don't know if they will play too much especially early on.

DEF: Enright, Newman, Hurn, Hodge, Ladson, Hunt & Malceski
EMG: Maguire & Davis (for now)

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, Masten, Martin & Trengove
EMG: Morabito & Shuey

RUC: Jolly & Nic Nat
EMG: Lobbe & J Trengove

FWD: Riewoldt, ROK, Buddy, Bate, Danger, Ziebell & Rockliff
EMG: Dennis-Lane & Tapscott

This looks like a very solid side which should be very competitive from the beginning, like your mids alot very similar to mine in fact. Rucks are solid & your forwardline has the potential to score massively. Your last 3 defenders are probably stock standard but like you I don't know if they will play too much especially early on.

DEF: Enright, Newman, Hurn, Hodge, Ladson, Hunt & Malceski
EMG: Maguire & Davis (for now)

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, Masten, Martin & Trengove
EMG: Morabito & Shuey

RUC: Jolly & Nic Nat
EMG: Lobbe & J Trengove

FWD: Riewoldt, ROK, Buddy, Bate, Danger, Ziebell & Rockliff
EMG: Dennis-Lane & Tapscott

Thanks for the tips. Thought about Masten, but I'm hoping Burgs has more upside.

Defenders

Hmmm, first thing I note is lack of Goddard. Not necessarily a bad think, but my bias factor says he is a must have.

Enright and Newman = Consistency. Hodge is a must-have. I am unsure about Hurn, I can't see his scores getting any better, where as I can see someone like Sam Fisher improving.

Ladson, Hunt and Malceski is very very risky. I personally think Tadgh is safer, with a cheapie such as Waters or Sheppard in that 7th spot. However, all of those players you have can pull over 80 a week, so think it over.

Midfielders

Can't flaw Ablett, Gibbs, Vince. I guess you are hoping Masten can have a break out year. I'm not sold on him, I am more scared of being burned than anything, but it could be a risk well worth taking.

4 rookies seem solid, should get a lot of gametime playing at those clubs

Rucks

Hmmmm. I can't be 100% sure on Jolly. I don't know how Collingwood will suit him. Collingwood has several viable ruckman, where as Sydney had a bunch of young ruckman. Will his minutes suffer?

Watch NAB Cup for NicNat, see how he plays with Cox in the side.

Forwards

Riewoldt and Ryan O'Keefe sounds good. The only think about ROK is that, with Goodes playing up forward, will he not get a top-class tagger? Could well be worth it though.

Buddy good, as long as you have coverage By the way, Tapscott is out for a while. Got some sorta injury, forgot what it was.

Bate looks very risky, beware. Could be an SC gun eventually though.

Danger and Zieb looks good. Rockliff should get games this year.

This team looks pretty good overall. There are probably a few touch ups that could be made, but it should be pretty good.

Oh yeah, any one else have anything to recommend to me about my team?

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Macdonald, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Selwood, Boak, Trengove, Martin

Shaw Out - Enright In
Fisher Out - Macdonald In
Burgoyne Out - Boak In

Shaw goes out for Enright. Shaw may get tagged, and Enright will give me consistantly good scores.

Macdonald comes in, will have a big role in that Melbourne defence. May as well try and have some diversity in the backline.

Burgoyne out for Boak. I am just unsure when Burgoyne will warm to the Hawks, and Boak will have to take on a big role at Port (because of Burgoyne leaving), so I think he can lift this year.

Tips/suggestions would be awesome.

9rk2er.jpg

can you please rate my team ?

Ok here goes!

Backline: Goddard (question marks, but still best on offer), Newman, Hodge and Kennelly are fine. Question marks on Ladson, I'd take Hunt over him. Even though Sheppard will be a good player in years to come, at the moment he has Petrenko numbers written all over him. Stratton and Nason? If they are named, why not. Look at Jackson Tregove, Alex Silvagni and Phil Davis. Maguire played really well against the Blues today, has a lot of upside at that price.

Midfield: Starting with 4 premium keepers means more rookies on the ground... I'd go with 3 keepers, 1 mid rage, 2 rookies. Downgrade Swan to Vince($519k), Cooney($484k), Masten($345k) or someone around that mark who has upside to their price tag. That is already adding $150k to your bank. I would take Scully or Trengove over Morabito, flip a coin, both are guns. Bench is fine.

Rucks: Sandilands is a gun. Charman did his ankle or knee today against Carlton... His season/Career is down the toilet unfortunately. McNamara is beyond doubtful of getting a game. Look at Skipper from the Hawks or Lobbe from Port Adelaide.

Forwards: Great forward line, question mark on Brent Harvey... Look on downgrading him to Tippet, adding another 70k to your bank. Ballantyne? Not too sure on that one, forward pockets aren't the best scorers. Look at Andrew Moore from PA ($139k) adding another $130k to your bank...

With those changes, you know have ~$350k (plus whatever you had, you didn't post how much you had left over). I would upgrade Charman into Hille, Kreuzer, Nic Nat, Ottens. And depending on what you have left, upgrading Sheppard into someone with a little more game time opportunity.

Hope that helps :thumbsu:

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Macdonald, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Selwood, Boak, Trengove, Martin

does rate this team alot,
backline great although unsure on macdonald. although, as a captain, needs to show these young guns how to play.

midfields great, had my eye on boak since the first draft i made. could make a lot of money in that area.

rucks are great, no need to change that

forwards also good, only thing i would change is podsiadly for rockliff if you can scrape up 106k, played well against carlton today and should play out the season. i cant see podsiadly gettin heaps of game time let alone scoring big numbers.

heres my team, what do you think.

DEF: Enright, H.Shaw, Fisher, Hodge, Ladson, Greenwood, Waters

MID: Ablett, Gibbs, Vince, O'keefe, Masten, Martin
RES: Shuey, Jetta

RUCK: Clarke, Naitanui

FWD: Riewoldt, Brown, Franklin, Tippett, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Rockliff
RES: Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton

9rk2er.jpg

can you please rate my team ?

Not a bad side, good mix, my only thoughts are that haveing both maguire and sheppard starting could be a real problem, youve also got a fair few 2nd year players in your forward line and 2nd year generally means they go one of 2 ways( up or WAY down), the other thing is charman went down on his bad knee again today in the NAB challenge so youll need 2 get him out.

MY SIDE

BACKS
Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Krakouer, Hunt, Ladson, Waters
Webberly, Silvagni

MIDS
Ablett, Selwood, Mitchell, Cooney, Ball, Martin
Barlow, Moles

RUCKS
Hille, Naitanui
Warnock, Trenjove

FORDWARDS
Reiwoldt, S.Johnson, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Buchanan, Rockliff
Gumbleton, Denis-Lane

$133,200

My Thoughts
Weak back 5,6,7 ( Had Malceski insted of Waters but thought id free up a bit of cash)
Bit worryd bout krakouer but he could potentialy be real good( bit of a risk)
Will luke Ball be any good at the pies?
Iffy 6th and 7th forwards

Anyway could you guys give us some thoughts and suggestions on what you would do with my team.
Thanks

Ok here goes!

Backline: Goddard (question marks, but still best on offer), Newman, Hodge and Kennelly are fine. Question marks on Ladson, I'd take Hunt over him. Even though Sheppard will be a good player in years to come, at the moment he has Petrenko numbers written all over him. Stratton and Nason? If they are named, why not. Look at Jackson Tregove, Alex Silvagni and Phil Davis. Maguire played really well against the Blues today, has a lot of upside at that price.

Midfield: Starting with 4 premium keepers means more rookies on the ground... I'd go with 3 keepers, 1 mid rage, 2 rookies. Downgrade Swan to Vince($519k), Cooney($484k), Masten($345k) or someone around that mark who has upside to their price tag. That is already adding $150k to your bank. I would take Scully or Trengove over Morabito, flip a coin, both are guns. Bench is fine.

Rucks: Sandilands is a gun. Charman did his ankle or knee today against Carlton... His season/Career is down the toilet unfortunately. McNamara is beyond doubtful of getting a game. Look at Skipper from the Hawks or Lobbe from Port Adelaide.

Forwards: Great forward line, question mark on Brent Harvey... Look on downgrading him to Tippet, adding another 70k to your bank. Ballantyne? Not too sure on that one, forward pockets aren't the best scorers. Look at Andrew Moore from PA ($139k) adding another $130k to your bank...

With those changes, you know have ~$350k (plus whatever you had, you didn't post how much you had left over). I would upgrade Charman into Hille, Kreuzer, Nic Nat, Ottens. And depending on what you have left, upgrading Sheppard into someone with a little more game time opportunity.

Hope that helps :thumbsu:

i have listened to some off your suggestions and i have traded ballantayne for moore , Carman for lobbe and ladson for hunt

2itsgv5.jpg

what do use think off my new team i got 299k left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back