Game Day Rd 1 v Eagles-Today- Roof Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tension running high in Horace's six new... thread. The boys need a game day thread to focus back on the opposition.

This shall revert back to GD.

It was originally GD.

The Gods have been meddling.

Now the dawn of a new era is here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The knot I have in my stomach awaiting Petrie to run out against us... man...
Must be like seeing an ex girlfriend walking down the street holding hands with her new bo

As someone originally from Perth I can safely say the weagles are my most hated team by far. The drug culture that permeates through Perth, especially with teens is just so apparent with their footy clubs culture. They act as such a wannabe big club with the most one eyed supporters you will ever meet. And they now have my favourite north player growing up in Petrie running out for them as well as Adam Simpson. I hope we throttle the mongrels and surprise the competition but it will take some of these kids a lot of stepping up. Time for our new leaders to lead

Is one of Nicholls or Margetts the umpire that didn't pay that free kick to Jacobs for the trip and then pinged him for holding the ball in the Prelim? I still get nightmares about that moment.

OMFG that was probably the single worst moment of AFL umpiring I've ever witnessed. Snuffed out any chance we had in the game too. Burnt onto my brain like with a laser. Revenge will be sweet when it comes, as it surely will...to everything there is a season etc etc except for Richmond but exception that proves the rule. Sorry I might still be drunk.

Simmo looking for an excuse

Complicating matters further is tomorrow’s game starts at 10.10am WA time, the earliest start for any match in West Coast’s history.

The Eagles have also been forced to change hotels because of the Formula One Grand Prix in Albert Park.

But Simpson said the club had planned its pre-season accordingly. “Did we manage it well enough? Time will tell,” he said.

4 new players in one game not a good record for wins.

I've been rebuked

DESPITE North Melbourne naming four debutants for its clash against West Coast on Sunday afternoon, the Roos' young brigade has a sharp rebuke for anyone who thinks the club will be easy-beats this season.

Last year's No. 12 NAB AFL Draft selection Jy Simpkin headlines the list of new players to take the field at Etihad Stadium. Aggressive big man Brayden Preuss, midfielder Declan Mountford and backman Mitchell Hibberd will also play their first games.

Off-season recruits Nathan Hrovat and Marley Williams will make their North Melbourne debuts.

Coach Brad Scott said at Arden Street on Saturday his young players did not lack for confidence.

"They've bristled a little bit at the suggestion, because they're young and inexperienced, that they're not capable of mixing it with some really good teams," Scott said.

"They're looking forward to getting out and challenging themselves.

"We understand that with youth comes some potential vulnerability, but these guys are really excited about the chance.

"The young guys, even those playing their first game, they're pretty confident young guys these days. They come through ready to play so I'm looking forward to seeing how they go."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back