Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Who played well for the Blues against the Hawks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** Sydney will test us and for mine I can’t wait .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep at 4-6 we are still teetering drop this one and we'll be playing catch up rest of season most likely .
We'll see how fair dinkum the players are .
Expecting a brutal contest in this one like yourself looking forward to it .

Yep at 4-6 we are still teetering drop this one and we'll be playing catch up rest of season most likely .
We'll see how fair dinkum the players are .
Expecting a brutal contest in this one like yourself looking forward to it .

Yeah make it Carlton versus Sydney. We can bring it . We have seen it . Chanel that last desperate quarter .

Yeah make it Carlton versus Sydney. We can bring it . We have seen it . Chanel that last desperate quarter .

Absolutely loved our last quarter v hawks low scoring thats fine but a test they came at us hard we toughed it out kept them to 1 scoring shot and got physical more of that please .
Our tackling was a big improvement not brushed aside and some real physicality was good to see .

Absolutely loved our last quarter v hawks low scoring thats fine but a test they came at us hard we toughed it out kept them to 1 scoring shot and got physical more of that please .
Our tackling was a big improvement not brushed aside and some real physicality was good to see .
Agree and glad stock will venture up to Sydney to ply his .

Who gives a fu** what the record was before today. History means nothing looking forward
but last week you looked at history and excused our win loss record on the basis of the draw....I guess like a good spin merchant....you use history when it suits you and ignore it when it does not support your pitch

but last week you looked at history and excused our win loss record on the basis of the draw....I guess like a good spin merchant....you use history when it suits you and ignore it when it does not support your pitch

How does a current draw, have similarities to a 20 year history?

You really are clutching now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspending players for collision injuries will do utterly nothing to reduce concussion/CTE/future legal cases.

Protective helmets will.

Pretty simple.

Duty of care, just like the bump.

If you slam someone's head into the turf while executing a tackle you haven't executed the tackle properly.

I think it will change the way the game is played, players will have to be retrained to show restraint rather than trying to hurt players in tackles.

If you slam someone's head into the turf while executing a tackle you haven't executed the tackle properly.

I think it will change the way the game is played, players will have to be retrained to show restraint rather than trying to hurt players in tackles.
Nope.

Duncan's momentum carried him forward. He slammed his own head into the turf.

And they can all sit around on miniature plastic chairs and tables at half time and eat fairy bread together.
I think if we take the ball out of the game there will be a lot less injuries.
What do you think.

Last edited:
I really like the way Stocker is building and developing down back.

Our lack of composure at the start of the last was a really big concern.

Our turnovers coming out of defence in the first half were really poor, resulting in several shots on goal from the Hawks.

The above two points should be able to be worked through and minimised going forward.

Loved that SOS got through unscathed.

Really liking Doc on the wing, a lot more presence and effort when the ball hit the ground.

It has been interesting listening to several ex players and commentators make comments in regards to our defenders, that they get caught ball watching and that it was evident against the Hawks, this is something that should be easy to tidy up and I hope we are aware of it.

Our inside 50s, come on, sort it out, so many entries, week in, week out and a very poor conversion rate and several times yesterday, we had blokes running in to each other.

Lastly, it’s great to see Owies taking his opportunities, plenty of AFL traits to work with and plenty to improve, very happy for him,

Holman didnt SLAM his head into the Turf. It was an unfortunate consequence of the forward momentum of both players. IMO if there was no intent, then you are punishing the wrong players. You cant stop accidents, but you can stop carelessness/recklessness .

$10k fine if we're not successful.

There's absolutely no reason or excuse not to challenge.

The fine amount usually matters less than the fact it comes in the soft cap, so I've been told anyway. Still not a reason not to appeal this one.

Which is why duty of care is an incoherent basis for the MRP system. Contact is a fundamental part of the game, and guys are inevitably going to get hurt - if anything, the current approach encourages players to hesitate/second-guess and put themselves in more danger.

That’s just being stupid,mate.
What’s your thoughts.

I’ll stop now.?

My thoughts are that the AFL are between a rock and a hard place. But they are bookended by the need to be proactive in protecting the players from head injuries.
I really dont know what the answer is, because if the AFL respond to what the emerging societal demands are - to be protected from absolutely everything , then our game will be destroyed. All contact will be sanitised to the point where we may as well be watching lawn bowls.
Either societal demands start becoming more realistic* or the AFL and other sports will be left with no choice.

* We all on BF represent a particularly passionate subset of the football/sports following population. What we consider to be realistic, is not necessarily what Joe Blow average considers normal or acceptable. But somewhere a decision has to be made about what is "acceptable risk". If we demand that no risk is acceptable- like we have for example covid, then contact sports have zero future.
Or do we take the view that contact sports are "essential" , like we do for driving cars? You can mitigate to a reasonable level- eg strict drivers licencing laws, speed limits, .05 alcohol, seat belts, and accept the inevitable risks of driving and associated deaths/injuries when they happen, because you cannot make driving completely risk free, and it is deemed "essential". Or you can accept no level of risk and ban driving altogether.
Where we draw the line with contact sports like AFL, depends very much on what the general public, find acceptable risk.

Back