Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live in Timor and currently live in Brisbane - it's uncomfortable, yes, but I think people are over-reacting to it somewhat.
The point is it’s more uncomfortable when you have not accumulated to that type of activity in that heat …you have to remember for 9 rounds they have been playing in less uncomfortable conditions than that and I have lived up there for a bit and now I live in QLD…I can be a sook about the heat but I think for an elite athlete in a winter sport it is a concern

Not really - he's good, but it's not like we are short on good small forwards at the moment. Dempsey is probably keeping him out.
Not really. People have wrongly pigeon-holed him as a small forward only.

The Mannagh melts are pretty amusing. Decent player but clearly just plays in a position we're strong in so it's hard to get a game. Hardly melt worthy.

Hardie, Clohesy, Humphries and Knevitt have been just as good at VFL level and all play in positions we're weaker in. But fast less melts over them not getting picked.

The Mannagh melts are pretty amusing. Decent player but clearly just plays in a position we're strong in so it's hard to get a game. Hardly melt worthy.

Hardie, Clohesy, Humphries and Knevitt have been just as good at VFL level and all play in positions we're weaker in. But fast less melts over them not getting picked.
I'm not against them bringing Mannagh in for a midfield/wing role after proving he can excel there with those as his primary VFL positions. But he is being used in more of a Stengle role than a Miers, let alone a Dempsey or a Bruhn.

Mostly the club, which is what people are referring to.
I’ll rephrase. People have wrongly assumed the club has pigeon-holed him as a small forward.

And besides, even if he is just a small forward that doesn’t stop some shuffling as I outlined earlier.

I'm not against them bringing Mannagh in for a midfield/wing role after proving he can excel there with those as his primary VFL positions. But he is being used in more of a Stengle role than a Miers, let alone a Dempsey or a Bruhn.
It’s almost as if we drafted him as insurance if Stengle went off the boil this season or doesn’t re-sign for next.

I’m really surprised he isn’t pushing further up the ground in the magoos.

It makes his recruitment a tad confusing to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is it’s more uncomfortable when you have not accumulated to that type of activity in that heat …you have to remember for 9 rounds they have been playing in less uncomfortable conditions than that and I have lived up there for a bit and now I live in QLD…I can be a sook about the heat but I think for an elite athlete in a winter sport it is a concern
I once gave myself heat exhaustion soccer training in Brisbane in February. Same sort of conditions, evening, high 20s high humidity, even a bit of rain. Being a Victorian I thought it's night how bad can it be? Felt totally ok while I was out there. Then got home and knew something wasn't right. The following day I was a complete mess.

That was just inexperience on my part. These are elite athletes so they'll know how to manage it. It's definitely a significant factor though, not so much in terms of performance on the day but just in terms of health and recovery.

The following week is a danger. I'm starting to agree with Vdubs that we could go winless in May. If we end up lossless in September, I'll wear it.

I’ll rephrase. People have wrongly assumed the club has pigeon-holed him as a small forward.

And besides, even if he is just a small forward that doesn’t stop some shuffling as I outlined earlier.
I look forward to his introduction into midfield in the 2's, let alone the 1's, as much as anyone just to see how he goes. I don't think it's silly to want to wait to see it before being confident the club thinks this way though.

Even with the shuffling it's tricky. We probably have to pull the trigger on omitting Tuohy for good, then MOC plays a lot of half back and Miers moves even more to the wing to make it work.

I once gave myself heat exhaustion soccer training in Brisbane in February. Same sort of conditions, evening, high 20s high humidity, even a bit of rain. Being a Victorian I thought it's night how bad can it be? Felt totally ok while I was out there. Then got home and knew something wasn't right. The following day I was a complete mess.

That was just inexperience on my part. These are elite athletes so they'll know how to manage it. It's definitely a significant factor though, not so much in terms of performance on the day but just in terms of health and recovery.

The following week is a danger. I'm starting to agree with Vdubs that we could go winless in May. If we end up lossless in September, I'll wear it.
Same I have just moved to Brisbane and a few months ago there was a really humid night in the gym and I nearly killed myself with the grappling that night I didn’t realise a body could sweat that much

The recovery was absolutely brutal for a week after that

No Mannagh is meltworthy stuff.
Trying to understand this.
Was a comment made seemingly before you were aware of his impending fatherhood.

With Neale in we'll have at least 3 marking forwards with Henry and Rohan. 4+ if they choose to do something more radical and swing Henry/SDK forward or play two rucks with Stanley resting. But at a bare minimum looking at 3.

Then still have Miers, Close and Stengle as small forwards. Dempsey, Tuohy and Blicavs on the wing. While looking like bringing back Bruhn and Bowes.

Is Mannagh missing when he'd be 4 deep in whatever position you choose really warrant a melt..

Last edited:
Dimma to go after Tommy Stewart just as Kenny did? Rattled him and our defence . We looked all at sea in the first 1.5 quarters and game was done…..
Scott moved Stewart to wing to get him away.
Bad move : Took Stewart out of the action.
Should have moved Tom to the forward line.
A fast, skilled and strong making star player
That would have caused Port problems
Forced Hinkley to counter react.

Trying to understand this.
Was a comment made seemingly before you were aware of his impending fatherhood.

With Neale in we'll have at least 3 marking forwards with Henry and Neale. 4+ if they choose to do something more radical and swing Henry/SDK forward or play two rucks with Stanley resting. But at a bare minimum looking at 3.

Then still have Miers, Close and Stengle as small forwards. Dempsey, Tuohy and Blicavs on the wing. While looking like bringing back Bruhn and Bowes.

Is Mannagh missing when he'd be 4 deep in whatever position you choose really warrant a melt..
"It's easy just shuffle the deck or throw him in mids the first time this season"

Doesn't name who he wants out either. It's just meltworthy stuff.

Catumpire isn't usually so lazy with his/her posting.

Scott moved Stewart to wing to get him away.
Bad move : Took Stewart out of the action.
Should have moved Tom to the forward line.
A fast, skilled and strong making star player
That would have caused Port problems
Forced Hinkley to counter react.
I’m glad that they set up a plan to target and nullify Stewart it’ll mean that Scott will now have to think around that issue in finals should we make it , better to had happen now that towards September and personally I would had thrown him in the middle instead of the wing that night

I think people are slightly overestimating the weather here. It's Darwin, and yes it's warm and muggy, but it's not Hades, it's not the middle of the day either.
Says he from the couch in 22 degree weather lol

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back