Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Scott might go with DeKoning forward. O’Sullivan in.

Maybe DeKoning needs the old Robert Walls ‘throw him in the ruck for 10 minutes’ to shake him out of his moderate form.

Relieved to hear Conway is training.

I do actually think we need to try this but with king and walter and jack henry in poor form this is not the week to try it.

LOL

Unlikely as in Bruhn said on radio his injury was a multiple week one and Conway’s injury prognosis is also uncertain at best.

It’s no comment on the relative merits of the players. LOL! Old mate!!1!
What radio did Bruhn say that on?

If i had to guess:
B: Stewart SDK Kolo
HB: zuthrie jhenry holmes
C: Cuthrie Atkins MOC
HF: Close Neale Miers
F: Stengle OHenry Rohan
R: Conway Bowes Bruhn
Int: Blicavs Clark Parfitt Tuohy Dempsey (sub)

I reckon dempsey sub on for conway in the 3rd.
COS is the standby if conway isnt right.
I would have put hardie in and taken tuohy or parfitt out but anyway.

Heard Simon Black and some other ex footballer (didn't catch who it was), talking about playing in the heat and humidity.
Seems Clarkson had North train with footballs dipped in detergent. They scoffed at this. The ball isn't the thing that is slippery (unless rain of course), it is the sweat off the players. So the players hands are slippery, not the ball.
They suggested wearing sweatbands on wrists to try to minimise sweat running down arms to hands.
There are proprietary grippo type products used for some sports that work well in my experience. Are they legal in afl? If so why not use them?

Do you see Mannagh going through the midfield? By all accounts at VFL level he is remaining a small forward. The couple of times I watched him his defensive running and pressuring seemed suspect too, so not sure wing would work. Where exactly will he play in the seniors this year? It seems more that the club have him as Stengle, Close or Miers back up. It's even harder with all of Dempsey, Rohan and O.Henry in the side too. Like it's a tough old gig to get a forward spot right now.
Yes he’s definitely capable of playing through the midfield. Alternatively, put him forward and push one of the other small forwards up to play more wing/mid.

What do we reckon then?

No Duncan, Hawkins, Cameron, or Stanley for certain.

No Mannagh, Hardie, or Humphries either.

Bowes & Bruhn look likely to be available.

In: Neale, Bowes, Bruhn, Conway?

Out: Hawkins, Duncan, Cameron, Stanley?

Tough ask if Neale and Conway are asked to run around and play like talls in a the sauna. Neale has not overly convinced me he is Stewart Lowe mark. Conways fitness/ stamina in those conditions must be of some concern.

No Mannagh is a surprise. There will be a very guys that will need to be resilient and continue to put in. Control what you can control and if no chance comes then look at your options down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough ask if Neale and Conway are asked to run around and play like talls in a the sauna. Neale has not overly convinced me he is Stewart Lowe mark. Conways fitness/ stamina in those conditions must be of some concern.
I think it's a good thing in some ways. Yes, it significantly lowers our chances of winning - but get rid of that safety net for the kids.

I think it's a good thing in some ways. Yes, it significantly lowers our chances of winning - but get rid of that safety net for the kids.

Im not fussed on playing kids…or even the result in some ways. Although that ususally goes out the door when the game is in the heat of battle. Just not what id say is an ideal game for them. Hope they both go well.

Im not fussed on playing kids…or even the result in some ways. Although that ususally goes out the door when the game is in the heat of battle. Just not what id say is an ideal game for them. Hope they both go well.
I think people are slightly overestimating the weather here. It's Darwin, and yes it's warm and muggy, but it's not Hades, it's not the middle of the day either.

I think people are slightly overestimating the weather here. It's Darwin, and yes it's warm and muggy, but it's not Hades, it's not the middle of the day either.
I beg to differ it’s very uncomfortable up there let alone running around for 17 km with all the physical stuff thrown in

Dimma to go after Tommy Stewart just as Kenny did? Rattled him and our defence . We looked all at sea in the first 1.5 quarters and game was done…..
You'd think a tactic like that would be one-shot-only though, wouldn't you? Stewart's aware of it now. His team-mates are, too. They should be ready for it.

It is interesting, given that we are two forwards down.
But Mannagh is not a replacement for Cameron or Hawkins. He's 178cm. He hasn't been playing midfield in the Magoos either. Hardie who is leading the overall VFL voting, and at 185cm, would be an obvious midfield addition but they have decided to go with the status quo.

Been there a few times... and always struggle to get through the day... sapping is the word i'm looking at.
Especially coming from a balmy 18 degrees down in Sleepy Hollow lol.
Fingers crossed we make a game of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back