Autopsy Rd 16 Blues keep their season alive with 16 point win over Dockers

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And that last qtr is why Levi is important to structure. Darcy monstered TDK, Levi nullified Darcy's tap work and took some timely marks

Was having a shocker up until then, but cometh the hour, cometh the man and while I couldn't vote to say he had a good game, I will say he helps our structure in games like this more than Pittonet would.

First qaurter fyfe was going to beeline back into stocker in the def fwd 50 .. boy looked at him old bull said it alright I don't want some .. he is as hard as Hamill ever was two more years he will be a scary unit our boy stocker -- once he is ready to be released in the middle he could be anything ..

Agreed, more held is own.
Still has the blinkers on for his left side, though made space in the last nicely.

Yep. Won the contests he was in and kicked the ball well.

Will be dropped for Williams, but he did not disgrace himself. And one day he will kick that goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gritty result. Walsh keeps willing himsef to the right spots and dragging the team with him. Stocker has quickly become a favourite of mine and Paddy Dow is finally showing the rewards of opportunity. I've sung the praises of JSOS before for all the things we saw again tonight in a match winning performance.

A lot of patchy performances elsewhere and felt similar to the Gold Coast game. Not the kind of game to bother over-analysing either tactically or structurally as it was pretty simple footy and came down to a lack of execution and efficiency in the end. We made the most of more opportunities and gutted it out in the last. It ain't pretty, but they all count.

As per last week, it's probably another performance that doesn't tell us any more than what we knew about Teague, and whether he's the right man for the gig, but with a couple of wins he's buying himself and the decision makers more time to hopefully make an informed choice.

These are the games we should be winning if we are to progress but next week is yet another big test to finally knock over a top 8 side. I think that will tell us far more about where we are.

Good half but went missing for large quantities. He’s not there yet. But our ruck division and clearance work needs a lot more work.
Darcy monstered TDK around the ground. Just too strong.

Edit: TDK's time will come just needs some more weight behind him without stifling his leap.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was having a shocker up until then, but cometh the hour, cometh the man and while I couldn't vote to say he had a good game, I will say he helps our structure in games like this more than Pittonet would.

Yeap completely agree, think we look better with TDK and Levi, but we need a replacement for Levi this off season

Stocker is just getting better and better.
JSOS best game for the club.
I’m happy for Dow to only play 65% game time atm if his fitness is poor. Make sure he is going at full stream when he is out there because he is devastating at times at stoppages. We don’t need him blowing up and jogging up and down the wings just to get his game time up.
Martin I thought was average but I seen he turned 12 touches into 9 score involvements. Exactly what we have been needing.

I was wondering who else was going to pick up that mark. Does the awesome sh*t like it's nothing else. Sometimes stuffs up the simple stuff :D

Got no doubt that Mark will be replayed many times during the coach and players review.

Absolute team lifting stuff.

So happy for Dow. He looks confident out there! The addition of Dow and Kennedy to our midfield has been important.

Stoker is fast developing into my favorite player. He is the exact type of player we have been crying out for. Tough, skillful and a bit on mongrel. I also love that despite not being a defender, he is giving the role a full crack. From memory the knock on him was the lack of a tank and defensive pressure. He is certainly showing both at the moment.

Walsh and him in the same draft was a huge win. Third year players making an impact.

Add Fisher and Curnow back into this side, with Kemp in the future, and we have something building. Cunners and Marchbank are future hopes.

Hope Setters, SPS and TDK can have a big preseason and turn it on in 2022.

I hope we hit the draft if we have a top 10 pick. Draft a young gun mid

The SOS list has taken a while, but it's starting to look like bearing fruit. Can't fault some of his decisions. The Stocker trade was inspired.

jsos was huge in the last quarter...worked his guts out and played well too...got the ball and kicked 2 goals
His kicking was awesome I said if he was serious he would practice his kicking all of season he practiced for 1 hour before the game well done buddy.
That’s all he needed to become a legit third tall

Back