Autopsy Rd 16 Blues keep their season alive with 16 point win over Dockers

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Be still, my beating heart!!!

Wow, absolutely heart and soul stuff there in the last.

We have flaws, a lot of them, but make no mistake these sort of victories do so much for the culture.

Our entire backline was magnificent, they're the reason we won.

Levi didn't have a blinder, not at all, but that mark rebound 50 was so bloody huge.

Crippa finishing off the game on one foot, inspirational stuff, Skip.

Walshy with probably the best goal he'll kick in his career, I love you, Sam.

Dow was phenomenal in the first half, SPS lifted in the 2nd.

Stocker is fast becoming my fav player, the absolute definition of mongrel.

My major shout out is to Matty Kennedy, when we were shot in the middle, he absolutely lifted us on his back.

BAGGERS!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Kennedy last quarter stats are nuts.

11 disposals @ 73% and 25 pressure acts.

Stocker. I think we won the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As much as people hate him in the backline, he adds a bit of aggression/toughness/steel to the backline. Another year there won't be the worst thing for both him and the side, then release him fwd.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Danger back in form, Selwood rewound the clock this season, their defence is solid and Hawkins is a beast. Their weakness is ruck (as is ours) and Cameron our helps a bit... I fear Danger running through Dow and killing him.
What about Stocker shops early and runs through Danger....

Oh Plowman was brilliant too. That Mark. Legend
I was wondering who else was going to pick up that mark. Does the awesome s**t like it's nothing else. Sometimes stuffs up the simple stuff :D

Love a gutsy win, despite the heartache. Walsh will get the plaudits and well deserved but, Weitering deserves his share. Just rock solid. If H wins the Coleman, do we get 3 in the AA squad? Team?
Dow was elite early but drifted out. Build the tank for ‘22.
Written off Cas but the big lug was a monster late. That kick though?
Eddie “God Damn” Betts. I don’t have words for how clever that man is. He just footies!
Stocker coming of age before our eyes. So much ticker and physicality but that kick! Elite.
My favourite aspect of that game is that we had so many contributors over the course of the game: Saad, Bam, Newnes, Newman, Curnow, SPS, Jones.
In fact, not sure if we had too many miss out. Martin maybe but had nice moments. King faded but was great early.
Very proud Bagger tonight!

Why do the players have to wear masks in the rooms after the game, but not at half time?
Absolute dumbf***ery!
To keep their agenda going. Absolute stupidity. Just like having reduced crowds and then putting all the supporters in the same stand while the rest of the ground is empty...

Attachments

• IMG_20210606_160524.jpg
    IMG_20210606_160524.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win against the 9th placed team fighting for a place in the Finals.

Don't underestimate it.

Both us and Freo give it a red hot crack nearly every week but both of us are learning how not to lose. Both teams are not far off while both are continually hard struck by injury.

Enjoying watching our ups n downs as we learn how to meld what we've built.

Gotta see the replay again, but there’s a bit in the 2nd where he just barrels into 3 guys coming the other way & gets possession, with guys flying everywhere.

Fearless.
Got a bit of the Jimmy Buckley’s about him

I love the win but we have Sony had work to do. Our midfield defence was great for 1/2 of the game. We lost our run off half back due to the heavy Tag on saad and no Williams and doc.

we still need a lot more running in our legs. We go so slow off half back when under pressure and take no risks. In the first and fourth quarters we took the game on and it would be nice if we could do that for an entire game.

I love dows start but he had 14 touches 3 minutes into the second quarter and then went missing until the last. Martin was irrelevant apart from his two set shots he should have scored. Charlie returns to vfl next week and we get fish and Williams back.

I truly hope for an injury free 2022 with a cohesive game plan. We’re learning to defend the middle right now and it’s coming along. Give it time.

That 3/4 time melt looks a bit silly now.

i really do have a love / hate relationship with being a carlton supporter.. due to the ups and downs during the game.

but goddamn paddy and bam bam the past few weeks.
just wow.
cripps played on valiantly.
we toughed it out. which is great to see!
yeah, good quality gear tonight, we're all high as kites. look at us

you turn. lol

The big men don't get any smaller Big frizz, just ask Punk, bossal and spud.
was picked in the team to take on there big man in the last, The king is still yet a prince..
I thought De Koning did well and just ran out of puff in the last 5-10 minutes of the third. And then it was Casboult's turn to be the #1 ruck. I don't care what people say about his kicking or his ruck work... he is super fit and will run a player into the ground if given the chance!

Back