Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that with or with out these blokes in the side?

Charlie
Harry
Gov
Cunners
Marchbank
Doc
Pittonet
Williams (we went to water after he went off)

Not sure of the point of this post is?

Harry obviously an issue but the rest are essentially crocks that have barely laced their boots in the last 2 years... oh and one immobile ruck who is backup at best in a good team.

Yes, I can read. Is it Cripps’ fault though? No. Cripps very good. Any club would take a performance like that from their captain.
Simple fact is our younger mids seem to perform better when CRIPPS is out.
It is a serious issue that the MC need to address
If Cripps is going to add any value for the next 6 seasons, he needs to evolve his game and become more versatile.
Learn fwd craft for a start.

Giving Crippa 6 yrs just madness. He needs to learn some fwd craft otherwise it will stifle our whole mid development.
For a supposedly smart footballer, his inability to adjust his style of play to suit the situation is perplexing.
Trying to stand and wrestle Blokes bigger than him was just dumb.
Cripps will be a millstone around the neck of the club. Could have traded him for a decent player or draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a disappointing performance today from everyone at Carlton today, from the players who didn’t execute and the coaches didn’t get selections and match ups right or make the necessary in game adjustments. No excuses. I was hoping that belief might have grown after the last quarter against Collingwood but sadly it was just a false dawn. We still cannot seem to execute the basics on a consistent basis and we still seem to get beaten by the opposition in the most obvious manner that opposition can win a game. I thought the Eagles game was the low point for the season but this trumps it by some distance because I don’t think North have nearly as good high end players as the Eagles regardless of the fact North beat West Coast this year. The most disappointing thing to me is that after all the down times this group has been through over the last 4-5 years have been through (bad losses, Bolton sacking, consistently in the bottom 6, internal review) you’d think they would burning inside to prove to everyone that they are moving in the right direction but an effort like that really questions whether we are making any real progress at all. It seems the board has made the right call for a review because it’s now pretty clear that our football department, and by that I mean players and coaches, need some serious help.

Take out the Coleman leader, a couple of injuries, and about the same or more conditional players and their efforts, from what has been a decidedly average team all year, there's no real surprise here.

Does that excuse Teague? Has to count for something, even if he really can't coach his way out of a soggy paper bag. I have no idea if he's a poopy coach or not. But he has no deck chairs to shuffle.

What's this evidence?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I mentioned the injury list which he is in charge of as head of high performance? Consistently worst or close to worst in the league.

Add to the fact we consistently look out of breath evey game midway through the third.

Imo should be sacked alongside a few assistant coaches and sued for damages.

Now that the seasons done, we need to put the youngsters in with view to next year.

Murphy, Betts - thanks for your service
Cottrell, Newnes - handy VFL types

If Murphy plays 1 single minute of any upcoming games, Teague is only looking at self preservation and not the best interests of the CFC.
This will not happen. We all know it should happen, but it won’t.

When does trade week start?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The way we have imploded all year it can't come soon enough.
It would be a Mark Taylor style gesture and choose not to reach the milestone under false pretences.

Jezza never played 300, Dominator didn't, Judd didn't. Diesel didn't. So many legends don't make it to 300. When only about 6 players have done it previously at Carlton and none were carried to the line, it's just not necessary.
I remember that. great stuff to self halt on 334.

Unfortunately this is how people will remember him, getting literally carried to 300 as a sub. It shouldn’t be that way but it is.

I was on the ‘just get him to 300’ train before today, but now could not give a fu**.

To me this is our worst loss of the last five years. 5-6 years into a rebuild, loading up on $$$ recruits and we get belted by 18th. This is rock bottom. I’m gutted.

The marketing department runs Carlton - (not a fact). But this alone tells me you are dead right.

Heres my tip - Eddie will be dropped next week "injured" and we will be hearing all about our exciting prospects in Honey.

Club kills me.

Who? Honey, Ramsay, Carroll? You think that would have made any difference today?
No difference for today but today isnt the reason for playing them next year and thereafter is .
For where we are especially after today we should be seeing them now .
But instead we have Murphy re-instated back into the side off no form and injury .

Back