Autopsy Rd 22 Suns vs Essendon @ Metricon - Sat 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened with Matera? Was doing heaps right, was a late withdrawal wasn't he from a game saying he had a small foot issue and would only miss a week and now it seems been 6 or so? Memory slightly foggy so that might be correct, but hasn't he been in NEAFL or just injured?

What happened with Matera? Was doing heaps right, was a late withdrawal wasn't he from a game saying he had a small foot issue and would only miss a week and now it seems been 6 or so? Memory slightly foggy so that might be correct, but hasn't he been in NEAFL or just injured?
First game back from the hotspot in his foot this week. Played very well, so I'd consider bringing him in.

That's how we role at the GCS friend. Our players miss 4 weeks tripping over blades of grass.

Out: Lemmens (injured), Scrimshaw (managed), Bowes (omitted), Ah Chee (omitted), Schoenfield (omitted), Sexton (omitted)
In: Matera, Fiorini, Hanley, Ablett, Leslie, Rischitelli

Anyone want Brodie to get more games?
I do, he was the one I was most excited about last draft night - out of our top 4 draftees his type was what we needed the most. Tall/physical contested midfielder, yet out of the draftees has played the least amount?

Our forward pocket (Ainsworth), and half back flankers in Bowes and Scrim all played at least 4 or 5 games. But Scheer and Brodie, contested midfielders where we get smashed don't play? Neither does Hallahan even though all he does is dump kicks, at least he can bang and crash and get clearances.

I think the reason Bowes, scrimshaw and Ainsworth are getting games they are all more outside type players ATM, Brodie and sheer are inside and still need to develop physically and defensively as they would get belted up on the inside at afl level ATM, very rarely do solely inside mids make a impact at afl level first year, take out Powell pepper and the rest of this years draft class to make an impact are mostly outside type players which seems to be the case most years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the reason Bowes, scrimshaw and Ainsworth are getting games they are all more outside type players ATM, Brodie and sheer are inside and still need to develop physically and defensively as they would get belted up on the inside at afl level ATM, very rarely do solely inside mids make a impact at afl level first year, take out Powell pepper and the rest of this years draft class to make an impact are mostly outside type players which seems to be the case most years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not disagreeing there that it's certainly harder spot as an 18 year old. But when the likes of Jarrad Grant can get a spot, I think Brodie should at least be given that experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing this Looks like we will be going into this game without a ruckman.
Anyone know what happened to big Dan ? He finished the game on the weekends didn't he ?

Tom Nicholls still injured so only option I see would be Peter Wright

image.jpeg

After seeing this Looks like we will be going into this game without a ruckman.
Anyone know what happened to big Dan ? He finished the game on the weekends didn't he ?

Tom Nicholls still injured so only option I see would be Peter Wright

View attachment 403774
He went off in the second quarter down to the rooms. He ended up just getting it restrapped but i had a feeling this would happen. If 2mp has to ruck who plays key forward? Grant?

He went off in the second quarter down to the rooms. He ended up just getting it restrapped but i had a feeling this would happen. If 2mp has to ruck who plays key forward? Grant?
Oh s*** yeah I remember that now. Gee he's unlucky.
Will have to go an all small forward line

You people are not thinking big enough.

I say we upgrade TheLoersch and play him in the ruck.
That would make 43 players for the season, which I think is a new record.

Then we really go big.
I say put TomNich on the bench in street clothes so we go in with 21 fit players.

44 players used for the season. A record that will never be broken.

Then we really go big.
I say put TomNich on the bench in street clothes so we go in with 21 fit players.

Loersch is out for the season with a broken hand

Then we really go big.

You guys used 46 in 2011 http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=19&SeasonID=2011

Pretty sure GWS used the same amount the following year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back