Review Round 14 vs Crows at Metricon Stadium, Sunday 19th June, 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah ok.
When you said 'they're' I assumed you were talking about Chol and Casboult. Given that's what the post was about.

But to make it clear.
Chol and Casboult were quiet early.
I thought Chol needed to stamp some influence on the game.
They both did, Chol in particular.
And it helped us win the game.

Didn't see the incident but heard them say his foot was at right ankles .
That's a significant tibia fracture.
Hopefully no knee ligament damage depending on where the fracture is.

Gonna be 12 months out.
was sitting directly in line with his body after he got injured. can confirm foot was at 90°, could whole stadium could tell how bad it was straight away. sickening. wishing him all the best, poor bloke.

despite the injuries, great performance to ride out the pressure from the crows late in the game. we really turned it on in the last, witts is a freakin' MACHINE!

even though we were still outnumbered in the crowd, it felt like there were a few more suns fans in attendance. big few games at home vs pies and tigers coming up, should be good turnouts. onto the power.

also, i don't plan on watching the replay of will's injury, but any chance the crows player that flew into him is a chance for suspension? from what i recall it seemed pretty reckless below the knees but could have also been an accidental push? no free kick paid so could be overdramatic...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weekend GWS we’re blasted for only having 6k attendance we did alright with 10k just wait until we have Collingwood and Richmond

also, i don't plan on watching the replay of will's injury, but any chance the crows player that flew into him is a chance for suspension? from what i recall it seemed pretty reckless below the knees but could have also been an accidental push? no free kick paid so could be overdramatic...
Watched it a few times, nothing in it, went for the smother from behind which was a stupid thing but no malice. Really unlucky that's all.

How sweet to see those desperate fetid Crows supporters seriously think they were going to win at 13 points down steaming home with 6 minutes to go and we win by 40+

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not gonna lie I was thinking "Here we go" having flashbacks of some games from years past that we threw away late.

These aren't your granddaddy's Suns though

When the chips were down we put our foot down directly on their throat.

I'd have teared up if I wasn't already crying over Powelly.

Just thought it was worth acknowledging that this is the 7th win of our season and that means we've at least equaled what we did last year with plenty of opportunity to go a lot further.

Just thought it was worth acknowledging that this is the 7th win of our season and that means we've at least equaled what we did last year with plenty of opportunity to go a lot further.
Even if we didn’t win another game, the continual improvement is evident in a big way. Only poor games were against GWS and Brisbane, and even then we didn’t get blown away like we would have in the past. Dewey’s job is secure for at least another 2 years IMO.
Only thing that worries me now is the mounting injury toll - Luko, Buddhas, King, Lachie and Powelly - all best 22 players.

even though we were still outnumbered in the crowd, it felt like there were a few more suns fans in attendance. big few games at home vs pies and tigers coming up, should be good turnouts. onto the power.

Every time I’m traveling to the game I get so many people ask me about the game being on.. clearly the advertising currently being used isn’t working for the non diehards

I treated myself and spent the whole day at Metricon. Just a couple of observations from me.

VFL.
I really enjoy watching reserves. It’s not as stressful as AFL as I don’t care if we lose and love watching young players developing.

The team played well. For me the highlight from stand was Ace. I could not believe how hard he works both ways, his pressure, speed was elite, even his kicks to teammates were good. He could make it.

I noticed that Mac also improved, probably his best game. Brock also had some good moments.

Hollands on the wing was average to me.

Moyle was also bloody good. I liked that he is starting to tap to advantage contrary to previous games which was my main issue with him.

Thompson looked surprisingly fresh and up to it after injury. Put him in.

AFL
To be honest, I was shocked and hated that most of the crowd were Crows supporters. Not sure if most are Suns members and Crows are their first team. I can’t imagine how it will look against Collingwood and Richmond. I will probably not go to any home game any time soon.

Crows brought the contest, pressure as expected. They are top 3 team in those stats. They had their chances.

We started slowly but credit to boys they dominated 2nd quarter which gave us the crucial score board buffer.

It did look like Powell’s injury shook the boys and it took them some time to recover.

Putting Crows to sword in the last 5 min despite injured players was great viewing.

Collins was my whipping boy for the game. WTF, what he was doing sometimes. Lemmens came close second, I could see that turnover in the last quarter long way coming. He must clean up those crazy kicks.

Powell injury happed in front of me. I could not believe how long it took for our medicos to attend to him. Cart was there long before them. It did look like dislocated ankle. It comes almost every time wit fractures. Hopefully, it will not affect his career.

Anderson’s drives from the middle in the last quarter showed his potential and how ridiculous it would be to trade him.

Similarly, Rowell also showed a couple of bursts from the middle. He just needs to improve his driving kicks.

Rankine, Ainsworth probably best for me. Rankine’s poise, vision is unbelievable. Just re-sign already.

Watching Miller how he goes about his footy is a treat.

Last edited:
Interesting info from Adelaide board:

Gold Coasts top 3 midfielders in Anderson, Rowell, Miller combined for 71 disposals (48 kicks, 23 handballs) 8 clangers and 20 inside 50's.
Adelaides top 3 midfielders in Laird, Keays, Crouch combined for 100 disposals (35 kicks, 65 handballs) 24 clangers and 5 inside 50's.

Interesting info from Adelaide board:

Gold Coasts top 3 midfielders in Anderson, Rowell, Miller combined for 71 disposals (48 kicks, 23 handballs) 8 clangers and 20 inside 50's.
Adelaides top 3 midfielders in Laird, Keays, Crouch combined for 100 disposals (35 kicks, 65 handballs) 24 clangers and 5 inside 50's.
Wait, we can kick now?

Watched it a few times, nothing in it, went for the smother from behind which was a stupid thing but no malice. Really unlucky that's all.
Just checked the images Suns Gallery - image 77 just before injury happened. McHenry hit him below knee from behind and then felled on his leg while the ball was already gone. Not saying he done it on purpose but it does not look legal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back