Preview Rd 3. SUNS vs. Blues @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get what you mean, I'm just going off what I can remember and the stats. He's had a lot more handballs than kicks and to get a score assist from a handball he would have to be fairly close to goal. Of the goal assists I do remember he was about 20m - 30m from goal brought the ball to ground in a contest crumbed and dished it off.

But you're right, without seeing the heat maps it would be hard to say for sure. Unless someone wants to go back and pin all of his possessions ;)

I do remember there being a pack 30m out and Day came out with a sneaky hand pass to a outside player who kicked the goal.
I rated it highly.

I think a lot of Gold Coast fans have the Jack Watts attitude about Sam Day (That he hasn't lived up to his hype due to his draft position).

What you have to remember is we couldn't afford our superstar midfield and a dual pronged forward attack.

Sammy does enough around the ground, takes the odd big grab and kicks 1 or 2. This as well as forward pressure is all I think Rockets after. What should frustrate Suns fans is when he doesn't drag away his defender Away

As I said before the season but everyone flamed me... We only need Day to be half decent to be a good side. Most teams don't have 2 elite key forwards. I'm a Day knocker most of the time but he's definitely played better than Wright easily since NAB. He has been impactful. Wright will eventually get there but Day gets the nod for now and he's doing fine.
yep agree with all of that

Temperature for the game around 22 degrees, slight wind, rain not forecast for the coast. Should be a great family night out!

Just a quick question for the locals.
I'm going to the game tonight with my two young boys and it's our first day at the Gold Coast and I was wondering about what's usually the best way to dress for night games here, does it get cool?

I'm going to the game tonight with my two young boys and it's our first day at the Gold Coast and I was wondering about what's usually the best way to dress for night games here, does it get cool?
hey mate. most night games this time of year you should be able to get away with a shirt & pants/jeans, but might be worth taking a jumper just in case, as the game will finish pretty late tonight.

have you ever been to metricon stadium before? let us know how you found the experience, always keen on what traveling supporters think of the ground compared to others. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too late for anything I say to be acted on, but exile was spot on. Hope you enjoy Metricon mate!! Have a good night!

Must win for us imo. It's easy to get motivated for a tough game like Freo. Carlton on the other hand, is an easy matchup to get complacent for. But Carlton isn't going to roll over and die, so the boys are going to have to come out and play just as hard as they did last week. Suns shouldn't spend much time in danger today. Build a lead quick, and keep it. If they do that, with 3 damn solid wins behind us, I really like their chances at making the 8. Should be a good matchup against the Doggies next week.

Posted it in the Gold Coast supporter group thread, but I may as well post it here, too.

I was given a business card by the Gold Coast Fans of WA club at the Freo game last week, so I decided to go to the Como to watch the Carlton game with some Suns fans. But there's no one here. Do the Prodigal Suns only show up for certain games?

EDIT: Hmm, after tracking down the Gold Coast WA facebook page, it mentions a function for the Geelong game in a few weeks but nothing about the Carlton game. I guess no one's coming. Wondering whether I should drive home and miss the first quarter.

Last edited:
Must win for us imo. It's easy to get motivated for a tough game like Freo. Carlton on the other hand, is an easy matchup to get complacent for. But Carlton isn't going to roll over and die, so the boys are going to have to come out and play just as hard as they did last week. Suns shouldn't spend much time in danger today. Build a lead quick, and keep it. If they do that, with 3 damn solid wins behind us, I really like their chances at making the 8. Should be a good matchup against the Doggies next week.

We have a habit of being brought down to lesser teams standards.. Then losing.

I want the instincts of the old Geelong side 2007-2009 where they beat everyone by minimal 10goals..
Slash every team at there throat I say :D

We have a habit of being brought down to lesser teams standards.. Then losing.

I want the instincts of the old Geelong side 2007-2009 where they beat everyone by minimal 10goals..
Slash every team at there throat I say :D

With the way the offense has played the last two weeks, they have the capability to do it too. There's no reason they shouldn't come out kicking goals, unless Carlton steps it up in a big way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back