Autopsy Rd 4 Blues beat Suns but it wasn't pretty

Who did their job in round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent point.
To me, Setters is a one trick pony - inside mid.
Good extractor, good hand baller, average kick, very good tackler, poor on the spread and not quick enough to play outside.
Tonight he had chances to play his preferred role and didn’t excel.
Stocker must really piss the MC off somehow because he just cannot get a sniff.
I bang on about it, not because of the draft night trade but because I see real promise in Stocker. Ideal Ed replacement, but don’t want to wait until Ed has one foot out the door in a year or so before giving Stocker an extended run at it.
Good summary. I’ll be very pissed off if Dow & Setters somehow manage to hold their spot. Players like Parks and Cotterell already taking their opportunity and playing their role. Kennedy should come in for Dow, and Stocker should def be a chance with Plowman injured. Not sure on Cunningham’s form but it can’t be worse than Setters at present.

Just needs to kick it longer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No he doesn’t you have no clue of modern football keep possession kick it to you’re team or players advantage ime sick of the kick it long myth it’s fu&en bull dust
How many short kicks set up running plays that break a zone why kick to a 50/50 that’s dumb football and sorry but SPS ain’t dumb and will always look to maintain possession because he can leave the kick it long to those with out sublime kicking skills

Must beat Essendon to avoid being worse then 3-5, then we need to sneak one of Port, Brisbane, Doggies to keep the ledger even.

The month after that isn't much easier, an form melbourne followed by the hawks we seem to lose to for the fun of it and eagles, giants.

If we can somehow get to this point of the year 6-6 we maybe can sneak into the finals, need to be better then tonight though.

Brisbane are mediocre. Their ageing midfield has been found out.

Yep, Murphy is like a kick off the ground.....if it works all good, when it doesn't I'll have a crack

Tonight it worked....actually he was pretty tough when needed and smart.

It's when he is super soft and ineffectual with the ball that shits me.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Well summed up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think SPS is breaking out.

he’s playing with confidence.

he did the things we saw tastes of last week and think has a license to play naturally.

I felt confident when he had the ball - weird feelings I haven’t felt in a long time.
I think some that is Eddies influence. Eddie publicly backing him, and probably helping him settle in. Sammo looking much better this year and backing himself.

I w
It was a good gritty win. Never really looked like losing even though not much of a gap in score line. We just made hard work of it. Our decision making and poor kicking are stopping us from putting teams like freo and suns away.

So many times we move ball out wide instead of into f50 quickly and to a target. That connection into our f50 players is lacking.

Other than that it was a great night out.
I wonder why we didn’t opt for a short, chipping game to negate the dewy conditions?
The two way running was there and reckon it would have given our forwards a better riun at it had we not just taken long options all night.

think it twigged in the last.

DA DA DA DA DA

Did you see that activist dude who got the name of coon cheese changed now reckons we need to change our song?

Apparently he went and talked to a number of our indigenous players, past and present, and was most disappointed when they told him to * off, they’re supporting the club and the song!

Just finished watching the game and had a moment where I've just suddenly realised how super weird it is that footballers sing the club song after a win.

Think about it.

That's some weird sh*t.
Why is it weird? Why have a song? Nothing better than singing the song in the rooms after a great win

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Back