Preview Rd 5: NMFC vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobs VS Mitchell

Mitchell had something like 13 clearances last week, all Jones did was stop mitchell on the outside with his link up stuff, which doesn't hurt teams that much. I really dont see the point of tagging in and under players especially blokes like mitchell, you really are playing a person down at the stopages. I'd much rather us tag someone like Issac Smith.

Tagging = overrated

Come at me
And yet Jacobs has kept two of the best clearance mids in the game from having any influence the last 2 weeks.

We all know that in our better games at Etihad we absolutely crack in from the opening bounce, and you just know we’re on. It needs to be that kind of intense start from us. Coupled with some in your face physicality.

If we bring that, we’ll win. I hope our coaches are building this up as a huge game for the club. We need a big scalp to kick start our season. Wounded Hawthorn is exactly what we need.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To an extent. If it's only 10 or 15 then I don't think it would make a lot of difference, considering they go shorter more often than us.

We actually had less possessions than StKilda when we flogged them in our last game at Etihad (8), but that favorite stat of mine, kick to handball ratio, was excellent @ 1.56:1.

A glaring example of Hawthorns possession game last week was they they only registered 71 score involvement stats all up, and utilised 4 inside 50's per goal, there most inefficient conversion result all year. Yet they still shat in.

Agree. I overstated my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of love from Clarko on Fox Footy just then ....they have Brown and Waite up forward - Higgens, Cunnington and Goldie in the middle plus Thommo and Tarrent down back...if they get 50-60 inside 50 entries we won't be able to stop Brown and Waite up forward......

First time I have heard an opposition coach talk so glowingly about our guys for a long while:thumbsu:

Honestly, the whole 'Angry Small Man Syndrome' and negative comments by supporters completely overlook how objective Clarkson is as a coach.

Watch any of Clarkson's pre/post match interviews; he never lays blame at anyone's feet, he invariably compliments the opposition - he is just so educated and objective on every topic.

Looks like I did read Bradlanguage properly then....wish I was wrong as really want to see Wright back....as do all. Hopefully next week.

Good to see Zurharr in the side....would like to see as many games into him as possible....provided he does what he's supposed to.

Honestly, the whole 'Angry Small Man Syndrome' and negative comments by supporters completely overlook how objective Clarkson is as a coach.

Watch any of Clarkson's pre/post match interviews; he never lays blame at anyone's feet, he invariably compliments the opposition - he is just so educated and objective on every topic.

Just saying, if he ever decides his jobs done at Hawthorn, Id quite enjoy the poetic nature of him coming back to North. He's a truly great coach.

Roughhead Vs Tarrant - The only match up for Roughie if you ask me. If I see Daw lined up on him from the first bounce I know we are tanking. Taz has taken care of him before.

My prediction: in a tough hard contest Hawks by 8 points.[/QUOTE]

Just between you and me, we don't actually assign a player to a player we expect those closest will just like Elvis.....

upload_2018-4-20_20-6-44.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something to do with punching walls, if I recall.

I couldn't get mine signed however still have it on my bedroom wall. Right next to the framed pictures of the Pope and Stuart Cochrane.

Thought I'd take a pic and share for your enjoyment.

View attachment 485609
What do you say when asking for Peter Andre's signature?

Gimme some kind of sign....

Of course he respects the opposition.

That's why he regularly beats them.

I’m calling it. We’re home and hosed. The Hawks will to too scared to tackle us, for fear of contracting conjunctivitis! It will be like Carlton. Well done Brad. Thinking way outside the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet Jacobs has kept two of the best clearance mids in the game from having any influence the last 2 weeks.

the superiority of hawthorn is not always with their a+ type but their b+ type. Jacob needs to take down the player who mitchell is going to give the ball to and break out and away...

really like zurhaar in the team, he's got the build as one of those nearly 190 cm type explosive player. Could really develop into a dominant medium forward and eventually a dominant midfielder.

the superiority of hawthorn is not always with their a+ type but their b+ type. Jacob needs to take down the player who mitchell is going to give the ball to and break out and away...

Have thought about this s lot and recall how Brad let players like Ablett run riot 'cos their elite players and you don't waste your time tagging them, you just play your game'. Well nah yeah nah to you brad, Ablett and his ilk have ripped us a new a-hole every time and I can't recall where this tactic has actually won us a game. I'm backing Brad in to do the sensible thing and just utilise BJ to do what he does best and close down Mitchell. In fact I'm that confident I've taken the captaincy away from Mitchell in my dream team ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back