Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How this week will play out...
Monday: Nothing from the club
Tuesday: Injury update - no mention of Weitering
Wednesday: Carlton release article saying Newman on track for return in 2-3 weeks and that JSOS's surgery went well
Thursday: Weitering ruled out

Rinse and repeat...
It may have come a day early but pretty good

I'm not paid six figures to watch football mate, but they are paid that to play it.

I love my club with all my heart. But if the effort and results are not at an acceptable level, I shouldn't be shamed into going every single week.

If we win this one, we are back to an even ledger

If we lose we are ****ed

Interstate team that is better than us, if the crowd was ever going to help us get over the line it's got to be this week.

40k vs 20k could make a difference

We forget that SPS played two really good games in our wins recently and was only poor v port. He wasn’t the only one. 80% of our side played pretty poorly. I’m glass half full here and I think we played poorly due to the travel and the 6 day break off a pretty hot game.

Think it’s an overstatement to say two really good games. He did a few nice things in the Freo game, but it was after we’d broken the game open - wasn’t one of our better players.

He was good against the Suns.

Doesn’t have too many good games to his name though.

I sat through live the 100+ point shellacking vs North during the Pagan era... anyone who has done that surely gets a pass for the remainder of their life. I pay for 3 memberships, don't always go to games, I'm not a person who enjoys crowds and like my space. I pay my money to put bricks on the new facility wall with my name on it. I pay for raffle tickets... I watch every game live... so I don't attend all games you're saying people are cowards?

That is a question for you to answer

If we lose we are f’ed

Interstate team that is better than us, if the crowd was ever going to help us get over the line it's got to be this week.

35k at the G last weekend.

Yet the Port Cheersquad was louder than our crowd.

Really ******* disappointing.

If we lose we are f’ed

I get what you're saying. But I think it's fair for me as a paid up member to expect some sign of improvement if im going to commit an entire day to going to a game.

And all supporters should be allowed to offer their criticism or insights without being hounded for not being a "real fan".

Not that I can recall I reckon he needs a rocket and find some form in the 2's as he's offering SFA in the seniors.
The opposition know that when he gets the ball it will be a 15 metre chip somewhere , if he mixed it up a bit with longer kicks hed be less predictable, the opposition know he's not going to hurt you.

What home ground advantage?

We have the quietest so called "supporters".

Any chance of making some noise? Nope.

Not unless it abusing umpires or yelling "Eddie".

Ever tried to get a "Carlton" chant going? Lasts 30 sec at most.

Annoys the crap out of me. I'm

Should be making noise when things aren't going well. Let the team know we are behind them.

Can't call the player downhill skiers when we are exactly the same.

Rant over.

For now.
'Woohoo, go Carlton's - as Cripps misses another shot on goal

'carlton...Carlton...Carlton...' as we kick a goal 10mins in the last qtr to get within 6 goals

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Semi-unrelated question. But anyone know what was up with the ticketing at the MCG last week? Understand that capacity is still max 75% due to COVID, however, 95% of people were squashed into the first 3 levels. I was trying to buy tickets to level 4 on the wing - but it just wasn't available on Ticketek. What was the logic there?
MCG saving money on not having to clean the top tier?

Let's be honest, there is no reasoning for the crowd to be 75%.....just an arbitrary number the government came up with to look covid safe.

Edit - he wouldn't kick 4 at AFL level, I can assure you

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well let's see what he does, if he doesn't show any good signs after 3 years on the list then he goes. No point getting to the end of the year and going 'do we keep owies on the list? We didn't give him a good crack at it so we don't really know'

Eddie wont kick 4 goals in a game in 2021 either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you want the players to put their head over the ball and bleed for the club, when you can't even be bothered going to the ground?

Get on the train and get to the game!

Pressure the umpires, boo the opposition, cheer a hard chase or smother.

Besides buying a membership it's the only thing you can do to help the club, yet you won't do it?

Where is your comittment!!!?
This is nuffy-level stuff

Betts has been fine this year...watching the game he's the forward who puts on the most defensive pressure along with jsos.

Kicked a few nice goals too and some assists.
No where near enough for a bloke who won't be on the list next year. Time to try someone else and see if they are worth keeping on the list.

2 goals and less than 10 touches a game ain't doing it. And it won't get better, this is the same tripe he was dishing up last year. Mr fumbles.

This part of the Liam Stocker player evaluation has me concerned they won’t play him this week:

“As a defender, we want to see him really have a hard-nosed, defensive approach and that is something we’ve reviewed and talked through him with, particularly at a higher ball, the decision-making process, ‘does he fly or stay down and defend his man?’ They were just some things that we looked at with him.”

Sounds like reasoning for non-selection?
Nothing to do with selection this week, they look at areas to improve every game, as they should. No-one plays the perfect game.

To me it's all about our mindset and the attitude that we bring each week.

Out execution/ skills got to get better

But, bring a few players in and all of the sudden our team has improved right away.

Time for Stocker and another kid (if they are ready)

But, also it would be great to get Martin, Fisher, JSOS and TDK in our team asap - these 4 + Stocker are five players already and that would change the team and improve it right away

Last edited:
To me it's all about our mindset and the attitude that we bring each week.

Out execution/ skills got to get better

But, bring a few players in and all of the sudden our team has improved right away.

Time for Stocker and another kid (if they are ready)

But, also it would be great to get Martin, Fisher, JSOS and TDK in our team asap - these 4 + Stocker is five players already and that would change the team and improve it right away

They would definitely be huge ins.

Well let's see what he does, if he doesn't show any good signs after 3 years on the list then he goes. No point getting to the end of the year and going 'do we keep owies on the list? We didn't give him a good crack at it so we don't really know'

Eddie wont kick 4 goals in a game in 2021 either

Eddie had 3 goal assists on the weekend - Owies would struggle to get 1 a game

Eddie had 3 goal assists on the weekend - Owies would struggle to get 1 a game
Eddie was poor. You can throw 3 goal assists at me all you want. He's not doing enough to be getting a game, isn't the future and shouldn't be playing.

Let's see what Owies and others can do and if they're worth retaining at the end of the year.

Doesn't matter, he'll be picked each week just like Murphy. Coaches pets and Betts is on the list and in the team to get memberships and people to the game

Eddie was poor. You can throw 3 goal assists at me all you want. He's not doing enough to be getting a game, isn't the future and shouldn't be playing.

Let's see what Owies and others can do and if they're worth retaining at the end of the year.

Doesn't matter, he'll be picked each week just like Murphy. Coaches pets and Betts is on the list and in the team to get memberships and people to the game

If Owies is showing in the VFL that he still has clear deficiencies to work on, then he shouldn't be getting a game. You can see what players can do in the VFL. Didn't need any AFL games to see that BSOS or Finbar weren't good enough. I doubt Owies will play more than 1-2 games at the tail end of this year, and the be delisted. It's unfortunate but it wouldn't suprise me at all.

It's pretty remarkable how different we look with JSOS in the side. He's not a big possession/goal kicker but his tenacity makes a tangible difference to our team.

Love this observation.

It’s fascinating how a single player’s attitude and intensity can have a team-wide impact, even though they may not be a high possession accumulator or considered a ‘star’ player. The energy JSOS brings is infectious and has a cumulative, and hard to quantify, benefit to the team.

We need more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back