Preview Rd 6 vs StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Halfway through the season, and results pretty much going as expected. Improvements on field, but a bloody tough fixture

St Kilda v Hawthorn

Saturday 7 October

RSEA Park, 3.05pm AEDT

B:
Kaitlyn Ashmore, Catherine Brown

HB: Laura Elliott, Mackenzie Eardley, Emily Everist

C: Louise Stephenson, Jasmine Fleming, Charlotte Baskaran

HF: Tahlia Fellows, Greta Bodey, Bridie Hipwell

F: Tamara Luke, Tilly Lucas-Rodd

R: Lucy Wales, Emily Bates, Tamara Smith

INT: Aine McDonagh, Aileen Gilroy, Kristy Stratton, Jenna Richardson, Mattea Breed

EMG: Bridget Deed, Akec Makur Chuot, Sophie Locke

In: Mackenzie Eardley

Out: Sophie Locke (omitted)

A bit disappointed deed isn't in, as we desperately need a big body in the middle.

More selection head scratchers with midifielders going into the pockets, but whatever helps with development I suppose

some nice play by the girls so far today. Missed a couple of early opportunities, but made up for it with that first goal.

Our worst half ever (despite the score)
No effort

In fear of sounding too negative and upsetting those who want this to be a soft, light, fluffy and feel good forum, you could be onto something here.

Skills are terrible. Players getting to the ball and stopping, making them a tackle bag. Some real rabbit in spotlight moments when players have the ball. Decision making is mostly poor and often too slow. I wonder if the saying you train as you play has some merit here?

You'd think someone would have worked on Fellows kicking over the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't look like it has changed at all.

Can't fault the pressure without the ball, which seems to be the one wood. Ashcroft started well, Bates has won a bit of it and Luke is crashing and bashing really well. Stratton has brought some elite physicality to the team inside the contest. We look best and dangerous when Fleming gets the ball on transition.

More scoring shots but 3 goals behind...
Wind has turned again too.
First quarter going towards the saints end, then turned to the saints end, now going thE saints end again (someone check for the industrial fans)

Fleming the only player with intelligence right now.

Because gameplan of bunch up and hope doesn't work at any level.
If one player leads to a pocket watch our fortunes change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She has had 0 turnovers today...

I'm also talking about her season as a whole being a massive improvement on last season

I don't care what the stats say, she hasn't hit a HB target today. They have all gone to a Saints player or to the advantage of a Saints player. If you decide not to see it, all power to you.

Great fightback. Pity it was the last quarter when they decided to play that way

Post man with his weekly pot-shots at baskaran as expected
Sorry for calling it as it happened.

Can someone please tell me where I can buy the rose coloured glasses that have blinkers on them? They must be magical if they make things appear completely different to what they actually are.

I don't care what the stats say, she hasn't hit a HB target today. They have all gone to a Saints player or to the advantage of a Saints player. If you decide not to see it, all power to you.
You're objectively wrong, she went at 57% with 0 turnovers. If you decide not to accept facts, all power to you.

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

You're objectively wrong, she went at 57% with 0 turnovers. If you decide not to accept facts, all power to you.
Obviously I was wrong. What an amazing game she played!

57%….FMD the celebration and adulation of mediocrity in here is comedy gold! Thanks for the entertainment everyone. Please keep this train rolling.

57%….FMD the celebration and adulation of mediocrity in here is comedy gold! Thanks for the entertainment everyone. Please keep this train rolling.
Ok, so its clear you have absolutely no idea about the women's game. 57% is by no means bad at AFLW level due to the way Champion Data assess an effective disposal for them. Also 11 (4th most on the ground) of her 14 disposals were contested and she had 12 tackles (the most on the ground).

She is much improved on last year, which is what I originally stated which you for some reason took as a way to say how awful she is, was a strange attack on her when you were objectively wrong about her handballing straight to St Kilda players when she had 0 turnovers lmao.

The hawks went at 56.7, and stkilda 53.
If you're going to cherry pick, at least look at it in context

Remove this Banner Ad

Back