Preview Rd 9 Geelong V Bulldogs Sat May18 4:35 pm @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're saying it's a hip and he's a chance to play.

MOC had a bad corked hip earlier in the year and sat out the rest of the game before getting up the next week. Playing on might set Atkins back a little bit.

I agree with the changes. Selwood and Menegola in and fingers crossed we don't need to find an extra one...

MOC had a bad corked hip earlier in the year and sat out the rest of the game before getting up the next week. Playing on might set Atkins back a little bit.

I agree with the changes. Selwood and Menegola in and fingers crossed we don't need to find an extra one...
I'm of the opposite view in that playing on works in his favour. Doesn't mean he'll play. Given it's his first year they might decide to rest him anyway. That's of course if it really is a corked hip.

It wouldn't surprise if Parsons gets another crack. He's been hovering on the emergency list, so they rate him.
Might have to swallow our fears and see what he's got.
Did he play VFL on Sunday?

Edit: nevermind I just checked the stats and can see he did play. He didn't see much of the ball.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood for Atkins (inj)
Simpson for Ablett (rested)
Menegola for Rohan (inj)
Fort for Esava (Omitted)

I doubt that they will make 4 changes in one week unless they have to.

I reckon Rohan will be right, seemed ok after the game and was out on the ground talking to the players. Sav needs to go for Fort, he has become a liability to the team, Atkins will be missed but I think Menegola will come in for him. I dont expect any other changes unless Gaz gets suspended which I reckon he will in which case Selwood replaces him. If Gaz gets off I reckon he will play and Selwood comes in for Constable, harsh but has to happen.

So I see it like this.

Sav - Fort
Atkins - Menegola
Selwood - Gaz (If Suspended)
Selwood - Constable (If Gaz Not Suspended)

I'd also be a tad wary of whether Dangerfield is able to get any training done this week, either. Still played well on the weekend, but another missed block of training can't be good.
Surely we have to give him a week or 2 for his knee... It will be good in the long run... If we can give Captain Joel a spell surely we can with Dangerfield?

Same for me except I'd be going Abbott instead of Fort.

The time is right to have a look at another CHF/2nd Ruck option - we are 7 : 1 and it's our only glaring weakness in a very balanced and consistent team.
Sav can have some time in the 2's to gain touch and just maybe Abbott or Fort might be a huge improvement thereby giving us more options :thumbsu:

The time is right to have a look at another CHF/2nd Ruck option - we are 7 : 1 and it's our only glaring weakness in a very balanced and consistent team.
Sav can have some time in the 2's to gain touch and just maybe Abbott or Fort might be a huge improvement thereby giving us more options :thumbsu:
I'm a Sav supporter, can only wonder where he might be in his development if he hadn't missed so much footy last year. But there is some merit in what you suggest.

Same for me except I'd be going Abbott instead of Fort.

Not fussed which way they go there, Abbott is probably more deserving of an opportunity as he acquitted himself well in AFL last time.

I think the change has to be made on Esava, he is in dreadful form now. Get his touch back in VFL for a few weeks.

Not fussed which way they go there, Abbott is probably more deserving of an opportunity as he acquitted himself well in AFL last time.

I think the change has to be made on Esava, he is in dreadful form now. Get his touch back in VFL for a few weeks.

I agree. Was pushing for the club to give Esava a good run of games as they have despite him being quiet. Patience has now run out. He needs to go back.

I'm a Sav supporter, can only wonder where he might be in his development if he hadn't missed so much footy last year. But there is some merit in what you suggest.

I am too candiehappy
He reminds me of a young Natanui albeit he has played a lot less football at the same age. Natanui took a while to develop into what he is now and still is not a high possession ruck but can rip a game apart on his day.
Sav also has prodigious athleticism and will be a ripper for us given time and more coaching. He was looking exceptionally good prior to the injury and I agree that has set him back significantly. He could be anything at 24-25 :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back