Preview Rd 9 Geelong V Bulldogs Sat May18 4:35 pm @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort has probably earned a shot, but no one offers the size and power that Sav has. I doubt Fort moves remotely as well as Sav and will be a non-presence as a tackler. Can he get to the right spots quick enough to be an outlet kick down the wing?

It wouldn't surprise if Parsons gets another crack. He's been hovering on the emergency list, so they rate him.
Might have to swallow our fears and see what he's got.

Agree - new season , new game plan - every Cats player deserves to be judged on what they bring in 2019 and not on their 2018 inadequacies - and there were plenty ;)

Fort has probably earned a shot, but no one offers the size and power that Sav has. I doubt Fort moves remotely as well as Sav and will be a non-presence as a tackler. Can he get to the right spots quick enough to be an outlet kick down the wing?

Sav's not providing anything as an outlet option at the moment either to be honest.

I guess I’m in the very small minority being happy for Esava to keep playing.

I was with him until this week but have dropped off now, he is really badly out of form now. I still have him in best 22, but he needs to get his hands on the ball at the lower level for a few weeks.

I reckon they will stick with him until a loss though.

Sav laid one tackle and took one mark on the weekend. I don't think he's doing either of those things you mentioned.

I was with him until this week but have dropped off now, he is really badly out of form now. I still have him in best 22, but he needs to get his hands on the ball at the lower level for a few weeks.

I worry about him going back to that level where it can actually be harder to find the ball because the standard is lower.

Same here. Finally run out of patience. Want to see him get some confidence back in the VFL now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzza is reportedly injured and unavailable for selection.

I’m happy to persist with Sav. He was good against WCE two weeks ago, injured against Essendon and poor yesterday.

Winning form is good form, for now.

I have no doubt that we’ll get a look at Fort and Abbott at some point this season to build a squad of 28-30 finals-ready players.

I'm with you.
I'm also on board... Especially the next couple of weeks I think we can afford to roll the dice on him finding some form/confidence...

Half the problem is that his impact last year was sp completely overblown and pumped up when he was out injured that people have this unrealistic expectation of him. He's a young raw KPF.... Our fwd line is going ok.. I'm not sure there is a need to force him out yet

I guess I’m in the very small minority being happy for Esava to keep playing.

Im not saying he should or should not play... my general attitude is based around what best for the player..not what he has done in game.

So from that pov.. others have been managed ..if he needs a rest give him a rest..if he doesnt and the club and player are happy then play on. Id say at some stage he will be managed ..I will leave that to the club.

If we are just going on form .. he seems a long way from consistant.. he has bounced a couple of times this year after a poor week...mainly taking marks around the ground ..not up forward.If he is covering the ground , and doing the work ..and its only form that people are commenting on..then I think they need to just tolerate the ups and down of a young KPF. Its about as tolerable as it can be now..he is up and down , we are game loading in a young KPF but he is in a side that is 7 and 1..and there is a heap of upside for his form.

Genuinely question what people are on about in regards to Sav sometimes.. he averages 7 touches and 1 tackle a game he provides next to nothing right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back