RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

4c5eaa958d22e7a885fcea11cbb70c7d.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand that league stopped the backing from AFL Vic some time ago, they went it alone and are doing ok. One of The things Dave has been harping on about is that all our Presidents should have kept pushing this league for action. I guess he was correct as this is the proof. But yeah it is difficult without footy, albeit it could always be worse.

I think we're done now and would be very surprised to see any footy this year with the onset of the colder months.

Just hope everyone stays healthy, which is far more important.

I think we're done now and would be very surprised to see any footy this year with the onset of the colder months.

Just hope everyone stays healthy, which is far more important.
I reckon ur right Auk season over, my mother and father are now quarantined in Sydney for 2 weeks, bloody cruise people. Mums tested positive so as she had no symptoms it just shows how friggin this thing can work it’s way around. Footy farthest thing from my mind atm though really.

I reckon ur right Auk season over, my mother and father are now quarantined in Sydney for 2 weeks, bloody cruise people. Mums tested positive so as she had no symptoms it just shows how friggin this thing can work it’s way around. Footy farthest thing from my mind atm though really.

:( Hopefully your Mum's ok mate.

I work at Woolies and haven't seen anything like it in 45 years of retail.

AFL Goldfilds office’s closed and all staff have been stood down.
Season 2020 finished you would think.
I’m a little more hopeful. If you can believe how quickly it turned around in China after 2 months of lockdown we could get a 9 week season plus say 3 weeks of finals (final 4) done July, august September. AFL finals won’t be until after September I’m guessing.
So could work.🙏🤞

Morgs, not sure anyone has believed 1 word outta China thus far, albeit I’m not up for a Covid19 fight I would take heed of what is happening in Italy more than China. May sound glass half empty bu I think the season is cooked also, imagine if we played and the Olympic Games wasn’t held. I mean cmon man!

I’m a little more hopeful. If you can believe how quickly it turned around in China after 2 months of lockdown we could get a 9 week season plus say 3 weeks of finals (final 4) done July, august September. AFL finals won’t be until after September I’m guessing.
So could work.
Love your positivity but fear the chances are very slim.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Morgs, not sure anyone has believed 1 word outta China thus far, albeit I’m not up for a Covid19 fight I would take heed of what is happening in Italy more than China. May sound glass half empty bu I think the season is cooked also, imagine if we played and the Olympic Games wasn’t held. I mean cmon man!
You are probably right Humphrey,
but as a Carlton supporter and passionate Lancefield man I haven’t much Had over the last few years except hope.
and I “always look on the bright side of life”....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon Morgs, didn’t u blokes win 2008? I’m sure u did. Not as bad as the blues, last time they won Matt Clape was playing for them!!!! Glass half full is ok mate, but let’s have a slab of beer on it.

Cmon Morgs, didn’t u blokes win 2008? I’m sure u did. Not as bad as the blues, last time they won Matt Clape was playing for them!!!! Glass half full is ok mate, but let’s have a slab of beer on it.
2009 it was mate. Great year actually.
won under 14’s son played, under 16’s won and the bowls won...

1995 Carlton won the flag was there. Actually Cape was involved in an incident when I knew we had it. Barnes more interested in whacking him than contesting in the ruck.

I like to look on the bright side of life. But I don’t like to be stupid. F@$& it slab it is

Last edited:
April 1st, hope everyone is doing well in the crazy unprecedented times, going stir crazy without footy, let’s just pretend we are gonna play and answer the below

Bowen
Gold kicking
Rising star
Wooden spoon
Premier

The Premierships probably quite open and an exciting year with digggers, wallan and rupo big chance with Romsey lancefield and riddel looking good, unfortunately rockbank would have to be odds on favourites for the spoon.
April 1st, hope everyone is doing well in the crazy unprecedented times, going stir crazy without footy, let’s just pretend we are gonna play and answer the below

Bowen
Gold kicking
Rising star
Wooden spoon
Premier

Not sure about Mergers, not because they couldn’t happen, but footy ain’t coming back the way it used to be. Some will call me Negative however with stacks of businesses teetering I can see sponsors falling away, it’s discretionary spend and will be stopped in many cases. I think this whole thing will test why players play, is it because they love footy, or is it because they love the $$$$. Many I suspect will go work their trade on a Saturday rather than play for the love of it.

Feel free to correct me if ya think otherwise but we gotta talk about something, I’ve already read the whole internet!

Not sure about Mergers, not because they couldn’t happen, but footy ain’t coming back the way it used to be. Some will call me Negative however with stacks of businesses teetering I can see sponsors falling away, it’s discretionary spend and will be stopped in many cases. I think this whole thing will test why players play, is it because they love footy, or is it because they love the $$$$. Many I suspect will go work their trade on a Saturday rather than play for the love of it.

Feel free to correct me if ya think otherwise but we gotta talk about something, I’ve already read the whole internet!

it will change, there won’t be the money to pay blokes big money. For the reasons you mentioned above.
Some will work saturdays.
But there will be many young blokes with out jobs and nothing much else to do than play footy.

i remember the late 80,s and 90,s unemployment in under25s was huge. The footy club was a place they could spend time and burn up some energy.

Times will be tough, a few clubs will fade away but most will survive, community support will grow.
sponsorships will dry up but I think more people will attend local games as it is a cheap outing. They can meet with friends and neighbours this virus will bring communities togethe.

ps what color cans you want

it will change, there won’t be the money to pay blokes big money. For the reasons you mentioned above.
Some will work saturdays.
But there will be many young blokes with out jobs and nothing much else to do than play footy.

i remember the late 80,s and 90,s unemployment in under25s was huge. The footy club was a place they could spend time and burn up some energy.

Times will be tough, a few clubs will fade away but most will survive, community support will grow.
sponsorships will dry up but I think more people will attend local games as it is a cheap outing. They can meet with friends and neighbours this virus will bring communities togethe.

ps what color cans you want
Corona! Is it too soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back