Realistically, where do you see us finishing this year?

What will be our ladder position at the end of the home and away season (excluding finals)?

• 1-2

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 110 35.9%
  • 9-10

Votes: 79 25.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 13-14

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 15-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17-18

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only thing that is slightly concerning is that we give up too many points against.

If we tidy that up we could go all the way.

Can't believe I'm actually saying that

Had a look at the rest of the draw and hooooooo boy! It is soft. This is our best chance for a top four finish in a long time. If we maintain this form we certainly should finish top 8. If we beat some teams we aren't expected to, then top 4 is a very real prospect.

That said, there is an enormous amount of water to go under the bridge, and I'm sure we'll have a dip (or two) in form along the journey.

Exciting times though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the depth pushing through, we'll only get better this year. So if we permit injuries, we'll have tough games against Melbourne and Brisbane and might drop one of them.

I just had a look through our first 8 rounds. At worst we have 50-50 games vs Port and GCS otherwise we should be favoured in the rest.

If we are 7-1 or even 6-2 we’re primed for top 4
I would consider the game vs Freo more 50-50 than Port, who we play at the 'G.

Right now? 9th and if not 10th.

It will take a deadset miracle for the last two finalists not to be Richmond and the Dogs.

I know my preseason prediction was 9th or 10th
We were 10w-4l and I thought 5th or 6th and win a final- We lost to Collingwood by 4 points minus Weitering and Mckay and beat Freo

Now I think 9th. It is a fail from where we were 6 weeks ago and the way we are losing is more important- we capitulate

It is rectifiable if
A) The players make finals and demonstrate the resilience to turn it around
B) We renovate the B, C, D grader component of our list and back the draft to recruit transition players who are elite kicks and hard runners I am talking closer to 10 changes not 5
C) We employ the best tactical coach to support Voss. He is not a good ingame manager and that is not a criticism just a flag he requires the right compliment of people to surround him.
D) The mental aspect of the game is hardest but I think if there is higher standard core of B,C, D graders the whole confidence level and belief of the group will lift Then it is a question of Voss, Cook, Sayers setting standards and high targets and maintaining them with a ruthless approach to selection and list management.

9th now realistically. With bulldogs likely to win both games saints likely to lose both and we're likely to lose both.

All I want is to play finals. Please Carlton. This is so stressful.

Back