Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..finished up a look at the Cats/Hawks and it spurred a question. Exactly what is the AFL definition of suspension? I see Dangerfield in a luxury box dressed out in a suit, posing for photo ops, and looking like he is there to pick up an award. This appearance at a match and playing VFL seems more country club treatment from the AFL than suspension for an infraction. IMO, a suspended player or coach should not be allowed at matches or at club facillities until the suspension period is over.

So..finished up a look at the Cats/Hawks and it spurred a question. Exactly what is the AFL definition of suspension? I see Dangerfield in a luxury box dressed out in a suit, posing for photo ops, and looking like he is there to pick up an award. This appearance at a match and playing VFL seems more country club treatment from the AFL than suspension for an infraction. IMO, a suspended player or coach should not be allowed at matches or at club facillities until the suspension period is over.
The VFL praccy game thing is a big joke but suspended players have always been allowed to be present at games,He would have been there with all his other team mates that didn't play. It's not as if he's been suspended from the club/AFL for drugs or criminal offense. Lets not forget this in 2018.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.41.55 PM.png

The VFL praccy game thing is a big joke but suspended players have always been allowed to be present at games,He would have been there with all his other team mates that didn't play. It's not as if he's been suspended from the club/AFL for drugs or criminal offense. Lets not forget this in 2018.

Over the years my struggle has been getting live footy matches here. Now I'm trying to learn more of the finer points of the game and it's culture. My point of reference is US pro and amateur sports where suspension means separation as well. Thanks for the response.

Over the years my struggle has been getting live footy matches here. Now I'm trying to learn more of the finer points of the game and it's culture. My point of reference is US pro and amateur sports where suspension means separation as well. Thanks for the response.
No worries. I feel like if it were to be implemented it has to be for lengthy bans or if the player has been banned x amount of times over a certain period.

Suspension means only the inability to play on game day for however many matches the player is suspended for. It does not include “practice” matches but it does include official games at a lower level like the WAFL or VFL (think minor leagues in baseball)

Players are free to train and be around the club, attend matches as a spectator or even be in the coaches box

Unless, like Rioli, they are banned for doping in which case they can’t be at the club at all

I think if you frame it that Port are a capable team just that they are capable of shitting the bed. Unfortunately Richmond are past that point. So I would be hoping Port beat them and play well as knowing they are a chance still despite finishing first and belting most teams to give it up on any particular day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don Pyke is responsible for any good thing in football ever and had no part in Adelaide’s demise.

We would've won 5 flags in a row if we retained him and Mitchell.

Sydneys rise has coincided with the appointment of Don Pyke as their midfield coach........

Coincidence?

It would surely be a factor.

Their lane-running through the middle that has been highlighted over the start of the season is certainly a characteristic of Pyke-coached midfields in the past.

It will be interesting to see if they are undone in a similar way as those past teams (i.e. man-on-man defences or "traditional" presses, where the ruckman is dropped deep behind the ball as cover for the extra pushed forward).

I can't believe Luke Parker is only 28. Feels like he's been around forever. 2012 was only his second season apparently. Yikes

I think if you frame it that Port are a capable team just that they are capable of shitting the bed. Unfortunately Richmond are past that point. So I would be hoping Port beat them and play well as knowing they are a chance still despite finishing first and belting most teams to give it up on any particular day.
I hope they literally belt Richmond.

D
I can't believe Luke Parker is only 28. Feels like he's been around forever. 2012 was only his second season apparently. Yikes
Dan Hannebery is only a year and half older. Two playesr that really peaked very early for them and then dropped off early. Hanners injury wise is cooked but he was the swans youngest to 200 and had hall marks to be an absolute legend of the game. He just turned 30 over a month ago and you wouldn't be surprised if the end is very soon for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back