Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paywall I know, but the gist is Geelong printed a fixture magnet for their members pack, with a mistake in EVERY single round :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Geelong sends fixture magnet out to members with wrong details for 2020 matches

The Geelong Cats have been left red faced after an embarrassing bungle saw fans issued with an incorrect fixture list.
Dates, opponents, venues, and kick off times have all been misprinted on a fridge magnet sent out to club members.

Fixture dates are wrong for every fixture printed on the fridge magnet.

In fact, out of 23 rounds, the Cats got one fixture right – the last one Adelaide TBC.

The Cats are due to start the 2020 season on Sunday, March 21 away to the GWS Giants at 7.25pm.

But not according to the fixture card sent out to fans.

It states the game is being played a day earlier or later on Friday, March 22 (sic) at 7.50pm.

The Cats are due to travel to West Coast for Round 3 but are away to Fremantle according to the ropy fridge magnet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man. I know it's geelong but I'm feeling a little sad for the marketing staff member and who ever signed off on this. That's a massive balls up!

hows this campaigner!

Calling Optus stadium a sterile environment. I would like to slap this guy in the face.
I went to Optus on the weekend and it was pumping with about 20 food trucks, free movie screenings and 1000's of families everywhere.

He claims the rights to the boxing day test being kept at the MCG are because it was the place of the first test and first one day international. Going by that train of thought we should never change anything should we! What an ass clown. FYI the boxing day contract ends next year although I expect a covert agreement taking place and it being kept there for the next 42 years.

“The MCG has everything in its favour. It’s the venue of the first Test match (ever), it’s the venue of the first One Day International – it’s the venue of all our great occasions.

hows this campaigner!

Calling Optus stadium a sterile environment. I would like to slap this guy in the face.
I went to Optus on the weekend and it was pumping with about 20 food trucks, free movie screenings and 1000's of families everywhere.

He claims the rights to the boxing day test being kept at the MCG are because it was the place of the first test and first one day international. Going by that train of thought we should never change anything should we! What an ass clown. FYI the boxing day contract ends next year although I expect a covert agreement taking place and it being kept there for the next 42 years.

“The MCG has everything in its favour. It’s the venue of the first Test match (ever), it’s the venue of the first One Day International – it’s the venue of all our great occasions.

The only sterile in this article is the sad author

The only sterile in this article is the sad author
Gideon_HAIGH.jpg

Optus is great. The noise at Optus during the 2018 finals was much louder than the noise on GF day, and that was essentially the best grand final in history. MCG fanaticism can piss off.

If the atmosphere is sterile I can only assume it’s because everyone there is stuck watching cricket and therefore bored out of their brains.

People talk about the MCG like it’s some sort of substantively different experience. If you ignore the overt historical references painted on the walls as you enter, and the statues etc, it’s no different to anywhere else.

Maybe for MCC members there’s some sort of unique character inflected on gameday, but otherwise apart from being a mammoth stadium that is easy to get tickets to, there’s none of this bullshit intangibility about the place that Melbourne natives pretend there is

hows this campaigner!

Did anyone "OK Boomer" him yet?

People talk about the MCG like it’s some sort of substantively different experience. If you ignore the overt historical references painted on the walls as you enter, and the statues etc, it’s no different to anywhere else.

Maybe for MCC members there’s some sort of unique character inflected on gameday, but otherwise apart from being a mammoth stadium that is easy to get tickets to, there’s none of this bullshit intangibility about the place that Melbourne natives pretend there is
MCG is cavenous and not a great place for spectators, Dockland, Optus and Adelaide are far better. As a design it is 40years out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back