Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

People (me included) complain about West Coast picking HBF, but take a look at some of Essendon's top picks in Heppell, Parish and McGrath. That's some questionable picks IMO.
Heppell has been such a strange player. Was good at 21/22/23, and whilst he's never been poor, he has regressed a little bit each year since than, culminating in missing almost all of 2020 with injury. The only thing I can think of is the drug scandal took a huge mental toll because aside from that there is no reason for him to have played his best footy in his early 20's.

Heppell has been such a strange player. Was good at 21/22/23, and whilst he's never been poor, he has regressed a little bit each year since than, culminating in missing almost all of 2020 with injury. The only thing I can think of is the drug scandal took a huge mental toll because aside from that there is no reason for him to have played his best footy in his early 20's.

It's like he plateaued very early. He's great at being a chip-scab, and if that's his role then great but I just don't rate him as highly as the Victorian media do.

I think every teams' supporters b*tch that they only pick HBFers, but really, there's a lot of players that can play that position and there's always that hope that they can make it in the guts.

You can also often make it as a HBF if you can't cut it as a midfielder.
I think it is easier to play in a position behind the ball, than at the coal face or in front.
I reckon you can read the play easier and anticipate a lot better. It’s easier to be reactive to the play than proactive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back