Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would that we be any different for us. Train commutes for a lot of people in Melbourne is over an hour, I don’t know anyone who lives in the city. And car parking is the same for everyone. Also traffic is always much worse coming from the east rather than from Geelong into the city

V Line mate...V Line. Completely different kettle of fish. One train in, and one train out. Not multiple lines, just one. Something goes wrong, the whole city is f*cked lol. They don't even put on extra trains or buses. It's a complete clusterf*ck. Meanwhile, suburban lines have multiple lines that cross over, alongside buses and trams. It is actually a real issue that's affecting attendance, putting the banter aside

V Line mate...V Line. Completely different kettle of fish. One train in, and one train out. Not multiple lines, just one. Something goes wrong, the whole city is f*cked lol. They don't even put on extra trains or buses. It's a complete clusterf*ck. Meanwhile, suburban lines have multiple lines that cross over, alongside buses and trams. It is actually a real issue that's affecting attendance, putting the banter aside
Friday night makes it harder for Geelong folk too, I'd love to see the AFL play the PF on a Saturday so we get more than 15k Geelong fans attending

...none of this is remotely true. There are several trains, if something goes wrong they just replace them with buses.

It’s Geelong, not BC Babylon.

Someone doesn’t understand the Melbourne public transport system very well... Trams hahahahaha Buses ROFL

Last time they had Ottens ringing some bell on a ute. Do we need Josh Caddy on the jungle drums? That’s the embarrassing equivalent.

And does Trent get to call the toss this time since we’re the away team?

...none of this is remotely true. There are several trains, if something goes wrong they just replace them with buses.

It’s Geelong, not BC Babylon.

There aren't. They run every 20 minutes with 9 trains running from 4-7 (usual time for supporters to leave). Each train at absolute bursting capacity, is 700 max. That's 6300 supporters. Add maybe 5,000 that drive in and park god knows where, and that's your lot for Geelong people. Then 10,000 or so from Melbourne and surrounds, you end up with 20,000 max. It's always been an issue, but the unwillingness to add extra trains by VLine and the removal of parking at the MCG, has turned it into a shambles.

There are numerous article around about it, if ya know, you want to actually contribute something of substance

There aren't. They run every 20 minutes with 9 trains running from 4-7 (usual time for supporters to leave). Each train at absolute bursting capacity, is 700 max. That's 6300 supporters. Add maybe 5,000 that drive in and park god knows where, and that's your lot for Geelong people. Then 10,000 or so from Melbourne and surrounds. 20,000 max. It's always been an issue, but the unwillingness to add extra trains by VLine and the removal of parking at the MCG, has turned it into a shambles.

There are numerous article around about it, if ya know, you want to actually contribute something of substance

Uh oh, shadow slowly doing his na-na over the specifics of public transport to and from Geelong.

If you don’t want to go, there’s no need to lodge the excuse with us now.

Just trying to say that I’ve always got where I needed to go for the footy or work in Melbourne and this public transport excuse is a little bit piss weak. If you actually want to go, you can get there with relative ease. In most cases I reckon you’d have a shitter time getting there from outer suburbs of Melbourne.

Why not drive from Geelong and park at one of the suburban train stations on the same line as the G?

So you're proposing that supporters drive 90 minutes, then take another half an hour for the train. Then take another half an hour to get back to their car and then drive another 90 minutes? 4 hour round trip. Have I got that right?

Would be quicker to fly from f*cking Avalon to Tullamarine and then take a shuttle bus from the airport.

So you're proposing that supporters drive 90 minutes, then take another half an hour for the train. Then take another half an hour to get back to their car and then drive another 90 minutes? 4 hour round trip. Have I got that right? Would be quicker to fly from f*cking Avalon to Tullamarine and then take a shuttle bus from the airport.

Only an hour by car from Geelong to Melbourne, Burke and Wills.

So you're proposing that supporters drive 90 minutes, then take another half an hour for the train. Then take another half an hour to get back to their car and then drive another 90 minutes? 4 hour round trip. Have I got that right? Would be quicker to fly from f*cking Avalon to Tullamarine and then take a shuttle bus from the airport.

I flew to Brisbane last week for the game. Can you maths how long my round trip took please?

Not sure about you folks but there sure is a lot of excuses for Cat supporters not going to the game because of public transportation.

Truthfully, it's all a facade, they all have PTSD and the flashbacks are too harrowing for the folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're proposing that supporters drive 90 minutes, then take another half an hour for the train. Then take another half an hour to get back to their car and then drive another 90 minutes? 4 hour round trip. Have I got that right?

Would be quicker to fly from f*cking Avalon to Tullamarine and then take a shuttle bus from the airport.

Jesus. So many excuses to not go to the game.

Admit it.

You're pov.

Can't buy tickets.

Jesus. So many excuses to not go to the game.

Admit it.

You're pov.

Can't buy tickets.

Actually, I'm just using arguments based on evidence from articles I've read.

I live in Williamstown, so it doesn't affect me in the least.

You're right...I can't buy tickets...but it's not because I'm 'pov.' It's because they haven't even gone on sale yet, silly Tiggie.

Only an hour by car from Geelong to Melbourne, Burke and Wills.

Keep up bud. He said park at one of the stations along the line that the G is on. At the very least, that's Jolimont or Richmond (but there's no parking there). So we're talking further out. Considering traffic in peak hour, prettttyyy sure it'll be 90 minutes or more to get from Geelong to the other side of the city

And I wonder if Joel Sookwood will whinge to the umps again like last night? How dare Liam Ryan do what Selwood does every game and duck for a free

How dare Menegola throw the ball too hard at the precious ruckman.

Also, people in glass houses and all that. Have you seen Riewoldt on game day? My god I've never seen someone so petulant when things don't go his way. Smacks the ground, puts his hands on his head. It's a whole performance. Selwood asks at the end of the quarter, and gets on with it at least. Riewoldt pisses and moans for the next 10 minutes while calling up his support group

Keep up bud. He said park at one of the stations along the line that the G is on. At the very least, that's Jolimont or Richmond (but there's no parking there). So we're talking further out. Considering traffic in peak hour, prettttyyy sure it'll be 90 minutes or more to get from Geelong to the other side of the city

You remind me of being a child and sulking at the idea of long trips

I bet you ask “are we there yet” every time you have to travel more than 40 minutes

You remind me of being a child and sulking at the idea of long trips

I bet you ask “are we there yet” every time you have to travel more than 40 minutes

At least I can travel to another ground, lol. I reckon the reason you get most of your games at the 'G, is because your supporters are too stupid to find their way to any other ground.

Us Richmond supporters would love to travel to Geelong regularly but your little suburban kiddie park just doesn't have enough seats. Maybe if you built one that is just a little less s**t the AFL might schedule more games there?

Uh oh, shadow slowly doing his na-na over the specifics of public transport to and from Geelong.

If you don’t want to go, there’s no need to lodge the excuse with us now.

Just trying to say that I’ve always got where I needed to go for the footy or work in Melbourne and this public transport excuse is a little bit piss weak. If you actually want to go, you can get there with relative ease. In most cases I reckon you’d have a s**tter time getting there from outer suburbs of Melbourne.

Geelong isn't in Melbourne. Might want to repeat geography.

Friday night makes it harder for Geelong folk too, I'd love to see the AFL play the PF on a Saturday so we get more than 15k Geelong fans attending
I'll pay this, AFL could have easily done the Saturday night but I guess they get more money when you guys don't turn up? nfi how that would work. Need to have Hocking put in a good word for ya to Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back