Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we’ll see this years jumpers auctioned off with us leaving ISC??

Unfortunately, I doubt it. They didn't auction any player issues when we left Puma. The jumpers will most likely be offered to the players again, or they'll be donated overseas. I think deep down you know this already, Mike :tearsofjoy:. Doesn't hurt to wonder though.

2018 gala aside, the last time the club sold any home, away or clash jumpers in bulk was 2013, when they listed them on the team store website.

I’ve noticed the club has been doing a fair bit of promotional stuff with Crown on the socials and club app just over the past couple of months. Any one think we could see them coming onboard as a major sponsor? Or have they always had this partnership for a while and I’ve just missed it? I only ever recall WC/Freo sending a player over to the Merrywell for the burger creation challenge. The crown logo would look better on the front than HJ’s imo. I know a lot of people love the HJ’s/WC partnership but the big red box on the front of the jersey looks trash.
That HJ's logo is iconic and the subconcious advertising won me over as a kid in the early 90s. Even to this day, when I go through HJs drive through I feel like I am supporting the club while doing it :)

Is it fairly certain that 'CASTORE' will be the apparel / jumper supplier? Or are the design images floating around part of the bidding process from all suppliers? Surprised, given our fan base that more major suppliers haven't put their hand up. Not that I would know this info anyway... ISC seemed a strange choice for a powerful club? Read somewhere the New Balance will be a likely replacement for many clubs using ISC...

Is it fairly certain that 'CASTORE' will be the apparel / jumper supplier? Or are the design images floating around part of the bidding process from all suppliers? Surprised, given our fan base that more major suppliers haven't put their hand up. Not that I would know this info anyway... ISC seemed a strange choice for a powerful club? Read somewhere the New Balance will be a likely replacement for many clubs using ISC...
According to Freight Train there is very little money in apparel sponsorship these days

A powerful club and also the richest. They are pretty ruthless when it comes to money - they probably would have signed whoever did it the cheapest which probably was ISC at the time.

We might sign with castore but to me it feels like castore will come and disappear out of the AFL landscape pretty quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ISC announcement/new logo/new design details dropped on 1 November 2017 didn't they?

Stands to reason that any change to a new manufacturer would start on the same or next day right?

Maybe an announcement on Monday 2 November?
November 1 is the start of the 'footy year' in terms of contracts for sponsorships

I see Port Adelaide have announced MACRON as their 2021 apparel supplier. BIG euro brand that does expensive global soccer kits.
Interesting o_O

EDC7FE87-7AA3-4019-866F-AC2F62851C02.png
Is that an ISC collar? Doesn’t really looks like it tbh.

Attachments

• 7578409F-98F1-48EF-AF0C-98DEF39A910D.png
    7578409F-98F1-48EF-AF0C-98DEF39A910D.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 29
If we're changing manufacturers, we're doing a disservice to the new guys by mocking up new recruits in isc gear, right?
We’re obliged to keep mocking up new guys in ISC gear until the contract with them runs out. No one seems to know when that is, I’ve had it put to me that it may have been extended slightly due to the delayed end of the 2020 season.

Other ISC teams are starting to reveal their new deals, expect us to follow soonish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back