Movie Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy

Remove this Banner Ad

And all of those were in Rogue One were they?

Next you'll say there are stars in both. :)

Like, seriously, what is your point?

Not all, but enough to pigeon hole things

Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Empire, Rebellion, Millenium Falcon, Tatooine, Jabba, Stormtroopers, Rebel fighters etc will all be in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

+ Tarkin, Vader, 3P0 and R2, Leia

Sounds promising, though I'm not sure why they had to make it a trilogy. Perfectly happy with standalone films to explore the many potential stories in Star Wars.

Perhaps Johnson already has a concept in mind which he’s pitched to Lucasfilm as a trilogy. The press release states that the movies will be developed both by Johnson and a longtime collaborator.

I’m hoping it’s an idea he’s been kicking around with his team for a while. Either way Lucasfilm must have extreme confidence in TLJ.

Not all, but enough to pigeon hole things

+ Tarkin, Vader, 3P0 and R2, Leia
How absurd to have those characters in a movie set immediately before A New Hope :drunk:

It's kind of a paradox. Star Wars is set across a galaxy but the movies will probably always have the same sort of things in them.

That's not a paradox nor kind of one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Johnson already has a concept in mind which he’s pitched to Lucasfilm as a trilogy. The press release states that the movies will be developed both by Johnson and a longtime collaborator.

I’m hoping it’s an idea he’s been kicking around with his team for a while. Either way Lucasfilm must have extreme confidence in TLJ.
For all their trouble finding directors, they seem to be very happy with Johnson. This is presumably the reason he wasn't selected to replace Trevorrow on Episode IX.

It won't deal with them I don't think. More likely is something influenced by the fantastic Bane novels.
I hope it's ancient history in the GFFA, like Bane. But I reckon based on the essential quote of the article, it'll be a current or future time in the galaxy, to the ST, and involve a slew of new Disney-created characters. Putting the whole Lucas-era behind them for the long haul.

But I'm just guessing. Regardless, whether they do honor the old EU, and start making movies (and anthologies) from by-gone eras in the GFFA, or whether they do as I guess....I'm gonna lap it all up, engorge myself on it all. I'm an unabashed SW geek. And either way, Disney will rake in billions each time, as long as they keep reinventing "SW", and personally, making the dark/evil side not keystone cops. Some adult material like the Underworld concept that got shelved years ago. Still have stuff for kids, cartoons, young adults, etc. And a staple rollicking matinee trilogy formula. But got to start making the stories inside all those a bit more GRITTY and with substance. Not fluff like so many of those Rebels epsiodes now.

this either means they think the last jedi is great and rian is amazing and want too lock him and his vision for the franchise down. or he's not bad and is willing too do everything kathleen kennedy wants

Disney are all about subtle hidden messages. Where characters speak to themselves but also the audience.

In the Force Awakens, Maz tells Rey to move on, her past is never coming back for her, a different belong lies ahead, embrace it. Kylo kills Han.

In The Last Jedi trailers, Kylo says to "Let the past die, kill it". We also see Kylo contemplating killing Leia. We also see Luke on the ground with Rey brandishing a lightsaber contemplating killing him.

There are parallels between Kylo/Leia and Rey/Luke. They're on similar paths, similar crossroads, in-movie.

Meanwhile, all this is also subtle messages to the audience....of the old Lucas-era Star Wars, and moving forward with Disney and the new Trilogy. Killing the past, all the old OT characters.

When they say never never before explored, do they mean across all SW media, or only official post-Disney canon?

Sent from mTalk
I would think the latter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back