News Richmond Clash Jumper for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

They decided to chuck the big ass ugly logo on it....
Cycler_main_clash620.jpg

To be worn Round 6 for the first time.

Yellow cuffs and collar are an improvement, as is yellow over mustard. But that logo is so pointless, especially when every other element on the jumper is so bold and its so complex at that scale.

Also, I now agree with those in the preseason saying that the yellow piping on the collar was a bad look for Richmond. Puma have done a great job on Richmond but I couldn't help thinking on Thursday that the sash would stand out even more without the extra yellow.

Yellow cuffs and collar are an improvement, as is yellow over mustard. But that logo is so pointless, especially when every other element on the jumper is so bold and its so complex at that scale.

Also, I now agree with those in the preseason saying that the yellow piping on the collar was a bad look for Richmond. Puma have done a great job on Richmond but I couldn't help thinking on Thursday that the sash would stand out even more without the extra yellow.
I think you're over-emphasizing the effect of a yellow line that's only visible on close-up shots...

Pointless is different to reducing how much the sash stands out.
Yeah I can get how it sounds dumb, but I get that for sure. It just seems a little cheap – keep those sort of things to clash jumpers. It generally doesn't add to the jumper at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I agree with him; just pointless.
I didn't get your point until I saw it in motion on the TV and I agree completely now.
I also agree that the yellow Reebok used was the best shade (going off a post you made a few weeks back)

I used to knock Reebok big time when we were with them but I think that we really miss their presence in the AFL

I didn't get your point until I saw it in motion on the TV and I agree completely now.
I also agree that the yellow Reebok used was the best shade (going off a post you made a few weeks back)

I used to knock Reebok big time when we were with them but I think that we really miss their presence in the AFL
I just think it makes the Richmond home jumper look like a clash jumper, much like how the Collingwood clash strip now just looks like a clash, and not a heritage, now it has white and not black cuffs.

much like how the Collingwood clash strip now just looks like a clash, and not a heritage, now it has white and not black cuffs.
I thought the same thing about the Richmond piping first time I saw it, guessing they were thinking that if people wanted real yellow, they should give them all the f**kin yellow. Getting the colours right has accentuated how s**t Richmond look with white numbers for mine, though.

And with the white cuffs/collars on clashes, I am really digging that for some reason. Especially Carlton.
498090_gp.jpg

God damn.

I like how modern feeling that Carlton jumper is. I still think it's far too much white and silver though. I reckon they should try one with chamois at the top slowly fading into white.

Jack Silvagni is the new Paul Seedsman though – skinny, black boots, natural footballer not relying on physical attributes, and a penchant for long sleeves.

I just think it makes the Richmond home jumper look like a clash jumper, much like how the Collingwood clash strip now just looks like a clash, and not a heritage, now it has white and not black cuffs.
I have to disagree on the Collingwood cuffs, I think it looks much better and cleaner with white.

I love how the side panel design on Carlton's clash are part of the shorts, I ******* love it!
I would love to see more teams make the shorts part of the whole strip (in my head Sydney shorts white at the front and red at the back to sit completely with the home look great, likewise GWS ect.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back