Preview Richmond vs Fremantle, Round 15, Metricon Stadium, 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nank is suited to that role, Soldo I’m not so sure.

Soldo does a lot of it. He often sits behind the play and they kick away from him. Standard ruck tactic. Play the big lug right in the straight path to goal and force the oppo to go around. He's not an intercept mark, more just a large road block.

Its pretty simple really....

If our pressure is to the right standard and our midfield plays decently, their tall forwards wont matter as the entries will be kick and hopes which we feast on.

If our pressure is lacking or we get belted in the midfield, their tall forward line will cause us issues.

surprised we didn’t bring in an extra tall, I wonder what plaN B is if their talls start getting on TOP
Plan B and C is Nank and Soldo in defence. I reckon if the coaches were that worried they would have picked Chol.
Broad is a more than capable backman and the midfield will understand that they have a big role to play in denying Fremantle. Let's not forget that Freo struggle to score which suggests they're are very defensive minded team

So Balta goes to Taberner, Broad goes to Lobb and Tigga to Hogan? Those are some massive mis-matches in height
Balta 195cm - Taberner 197cm. Not an issue.
Broad 192cm - Lobb 2.06cm. Big difference but Lobb isn't a natural forward. Broad just needs to use his athleticism to compensate. We've got a resting ruckman to assist if needs be.
Vlastuin 187cm - Hogan 195cm. Vlastuin will be instructed to take advantage of this match-up by peeling off to take intercept marks while Jesse punches darts and checks sportsbet on the boundary.

Backline is 👌

Longmuir announced couple weeks ago hogan be playing in Defence for rest of year

Imagine if he takes lynch... those 2 paying $1.01 to jumper punch all day
Was about to post similar

They have the following defenders
Luke Ryan -188cm 92kg
Taylin Duman -193cm (very light)
Brennan Cox - 194cm 99kgs
Luke Ryan had an injury issue and probably wont play IMO so they need another defender with nothing the size needed available and Hogan has been training with the backs as they are short of defenders. Personally i think he has been brought into play defence

They would be looking at our fowrad like of Riewoldt 193cm Lynch 199cm and 1 of the Ruckman resting there at 200cm and would have nobody to man our fowards. IMO Hogan plays on Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 950288

Ladder Positions -
Richmond: 4th
Fremantle: 14th

Richmond coming off a season best win vs West Coast will be loaded up on confidence. It was the most Richmond looking game we have played all season, really felt like on of those statement games that everyone set themselves for. With a pressure rating of 2 or more for majority of the game, we clearly wanted to show the comp we are still here.

An injury to Dylan Grimes the only downside, he will be a huge loss this week. Young gun Noah Balta looks set to be charged with the role of leading the backline, he has grown with every game and had a career best game last week so hopefully he puts in another great performance.

The Dockers are a interesting equation, despite their ladder position they actually have conceded the least amount of points for 2020 with 726. So defensively they stand up well. However they are 2nd last for scoring (Adelaide last), but with our backline a bit on the shorter side this week it may open up an opportunity for them to exploit us with Lobb and Tabbener down forward.

Expect Broad to come back in for Grimes and that could be the only change for us.

EDIT: Looks like Lambert is also out for us. Stack / Higgins / Caddy / Ross the names to pick from I reckon.

Fremantle are coming off a 3-4 day break and having to travel from Perth to QLD, so they are up against it on a lot of fronts.

The midfield battle should be interesting with Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy all showing ability to win the ball and use it well vs Bolton, Martin, Cotchin, Graham, our hardness and skill / system should come out on top.

With Tom and Jack looking like they are NSYNC again along with our quick ball movement forward of centre, we should be able to generate enough inside 50's to kick a winning score this week and bye bye bye Fremantle.

The equation for us is simple, if we want to finish top 4 we must keep winning. Margin doesn't matter, just the 4 points.

Tigers by 29 points
Good preview. But needs more memes.

Good preview. But needs more memes.
It does, but this one had to be a rushed job, as the person who was meant to do it didnt show up unfortunately :-(

a lot of rotation happens thru our backs and reckon some time on Hogan for Balta would be good
then some on Lobb , very different players , good for his development ahead of finals

with the height of their forwards its important to slow down their ball movement , hint to our mids and defensive forwards

Broad has matched up on tall players like Hipwood.

I reckon Broad's best match up is the 195cm flanker - Hipwood, Schache, Lynch (Crows). Running machine and good size. I'm not sure either Taberner or Lobb are that type. Probably more contested marking types. Broad loses the most one on one contests of our defenders, but you know he'll make 'em earn it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back