Opinion Richmonds 2017-20 Dynasty would have beaten every other Premiership side of the 2010's

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m guessing you are talking about Collingwood but otherwise clue me in

Correct, the Collingwood quadsecutive flag team 1927-30 despite losing finals is the last team not to lose a game that has ultimately mattered during a 4 year period. Several, including the 2017-20 Tigers have lost only one but the Cats dynasty team never managed it, they lost 2.

Lions 3 peat team is by far the best and most dominate team of this Century, including this decade.

On every line (especially midfield) they would have smashed Richmond 17-19-20 flag teams, and deep down, most honest and objective Tigers fans would agree.

If you were playing SuperCoach yeah. You haven’t looked past the names of the list at all. Hence why Chris Scott agrees with me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

The one time that Richmond team played another MCG tenant in a final, they were out of the game by half time, and that was the year they were most dominant statistically.

No doubt if the Pies had made the 2019 GF they would have beaten Richmond.
Absolutely mate, you know what you are talking about, as to be expected from a Geelong supporter. Collingwood have won two out fourteen GF’s since 1960. A 14% winning rate. Richmond, eight out of ten. An 80% winning rate. The worst against the best. Absolutely they would have won. The smart money would be on Collingwood. For sure….

Absolutely mate, you know what you are talking about, as to be expected from a Geelong supporter. Collingwood have won two out fourteen GF’s since 1960. A 14% winning rate. Richmond, eight out of ten. An 80% winning rate. The worst against the best. Absolutely they would have won. The smart money would be on Collingwood. For sure….

Your clubs best season since the 60s in 2018 and its derailed by a lanky American because you didn't have a home advantage for once or a crowd advantage. And they had the game won by half time. On level footing they got it done.

Also Pies and Tigers were 1-1 during the 2019 season. So its hardly like you had this dominant record against them, especially since they beat you by a bigger margin in 2019 than you beat them by.
2020 you had a draw with the Pies, they beat you in 2021. So considering they have your record against Collingwood, had they made the GF in 2019 they were a big chance to roll you. Your team in 2018 was better than the one in 2019, and they did you comfortably in the PF.

I really don't get it.

Richmond had a fantastic run in 2017-20. If any supporter base should feel completely comfortable and secure in their legacy and achievements, it's them.

Instead day after day we keep getting this flood of desperately insecure "We were totally the best eva! Weren't we guys? We totally were, right?!" threads, like they they're literally begging us for validation.

Makes no sense to me.

I really don't get it.

Richmond had a fantastic run in 2017-20. If any supporter base should feel completely comfortable and secure in their legacy and achievements, it's them.

Instead day after day we keep getting this flood of desperately insecure "We were totally the best eva! Weren't we guys? We totally were, right?!" threads, like they they're literally begging us for validation.

Makes no sense to me.
It's because they are highly insecure

Agreed, and they will never ever be a bigger or more popular club than Collingwood (or Carlton for that matter) despite the opinions of some of their supporters on this forum.

Least Pies and Blue Baggers end up attending games at Marvel/Docklands in their droves, Richmond fans (misguidedly) think that stadium is beneath them, even though not so long they were selling home games to Cairns.

Worst yet is the paranoia that Steve Hocking and Geelong deliberately changed the rules in 2021 to stop their flag run.

I really don't get it.

Makes no sense to me.

We do feel comfortable with it.

Just it has messed up flog opposition supporters totally and it causes them to try to invent reasons why it wasn’t like any other 3 flag dynasty. Which is amusing but it is not a matter of Tiger supporters needing validation, it is oppo supporters needing to invalidate what the club achieved….so far. Last two runs Tigers had including Grand Final appearances went for 26 and 16 years. This one is 6 years deep right now. So it looks like we have w while to run yet. 😁

It was only effective as there were no longer teams in the league with really good footskills. Richmond's game style fell apart against teams with good foot skills.
It was a bit of a shame we never saw West Coast v Richmond in a final over that period

We do feel comfortable with it.

Just it has messed up flog opposition supporters totally
and it causes them to try to invent reasons why it wasn’t like any other 3 flag dynasty. Which is amusing but it is not a matter of Tiger supporters needing validation, it is oppo supporters needing to invalidate what the club achieved….so far. Last two runs Tigers had including Grand Final appearances went for 26 and 16 years. This one is 6 years deep right now. So it looks like we have w while to run yet. 😁
Ahh yes, exactly why this thread and others like it absolutely are not or never started by Richmond supporters... Oh...

Amazed this thread hasn't been divvied yet.

Ahh yes, exactly why this thread and others like it absolutely are not or never started by Richmond supporters... Oh...

Amazed this thread hasn't been divvied yet.

Ummmmm….thread was started to discuss an article in the paper essentially about football evolution.

Cats fans swamp every Tiger thread. Which means there is a lot of discussion on Richmond threads. If you didn’t like the thread, presumably you wouldn’t be here discussing the subject matter.

Strange to take a position in a debate then argue the debate shouldn’t be taking place. I understand Richmond have messed Cats supporters heads up a bit, but maybe just try one or the other. 😁

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise, surprise another main board thread started by a Richmond supporter, about how they're the best. No other supporter base is this insecure. If you need to keep trying to ram it home rather than 17 other club support bases just thinking it - it's probably not true

Btw. I think Hawthorn would beg to differ with 4 GF's and 3 flags back to back to back.
Hopefully an opposition supporter in sheep’s clothing. Or in this case a tiger skin.

I really don't get it, day after day we keep getting this flood of desperately insecure "We were totally the best eva! Weren't we guys? We totally were, right?!" threads, like they they're literally begging us for validation.
Their desperation to be considered ‘better’ than Geelong when in reality they know they don’t even break even is so evident it’s palpable but also completely understandable as most of them grew up seeing this performed regularly against their rabble.

4B885003-EF06-473D-9414-94308A5A3616.jpeg

Adding our recent premiership to the mix simply eclipses everything they worked so hard to achieve from 2017-2020 so it’s no wonder they scramble around like hysterical kids stomping their feet refusing to accept the great injustice we just hit them for 6 with. :smirk:

Their desperation to be considered ‘better’ than Geelong when in reality they know they don’t even break even is so evident it’s palpable but also completely understandable as most of them grew up seeing this performed regularly against their rabble.

View attachment 1577678

Adding our recent premiership to the mix simply eclipses everything they worked so hard to achieve from 2017-2020 so it’s no wonder they scramble around like hysterical kids stomping their feet refusing to accept the great injustice we just hit them for 6 with. :smirk:

Tiger fans apparently living in the past for any reference to the GF we won 2 years ago according to Cats supporters on this thread.

When we talk tigers we talk in the past

No chance 2023 onwards

Living in the past

Next minute, desperate for something to cling to Cats supporters making posts boasting about the 6th most successful footballer in his family having one day out against us 30 years ago. 🤣🤣🤣

What a shambles of a supporter group. 😁

Like I said, having this regularly reoccur would be enough to snap any supporter base’s self confidence and hopes & dreams.

1A2BDCDD-67AD-4FE0-8E0F-D36BE5294DD6.jpeg

It’s why they take it so personally, because they’ve become accustomed to allowing us to use them as a communal litter box and it just won’t change. 😎

4D51947B-167D-47A6-A969-3DE541D29E8F.jpeg

images

Ummmmm….thread was started to discuss an article in the paper essentially about football evolution.

Cats fans swamp every Tiger thread. Which means there is a lot of discussion on Richmond threads. If you didn’t like the thread, presumably you wouldn’t be here discussing the subject matter.

Strange to take a position in a debate then argue the debate shouldn’t be taking place. I understand Richmond have messed Cats supporters heads up a bit, but maybe just try one or the other. 😁

I get as far as the first reply in this thread and surprise surprise, it's a Geelong supporter who obviously doesn't have the self awareness to see the irony of his post. Hit the 'top contributors' button and yep, 4 of the top 8 posters in this thread are Geelong supporters.
Has there ever been a more triggered bunch in Big Footy history? Need I read on?

I'm going to do this one last time, and you can consider this my sign off from participating in any more ridiculous threads like this again.

Thread was actually incorrectly started, on the basis that the reporter that broke the story - Landsberger - was refuting Chris Scott's assessment that the current gen of players (17-20 Tigers used as example) would run rings around the 01-03 Lions, that Scott himself played in.

Thread then went on to assert that somehow this meant the Tigers dynasty outweighed anything else in the 2010's - including the Hawks 3 peat. OP was then corrected by being shown said article by myself, as it appeared they had only read the headline and not the entire article - given they thought Landsberger was offering a rebuttal to Scott's point, and not agreeing with it as he and Bowden actually were. Tigers supporters have even liked this post, and dismissed the idea of this thread.

So all in all, your support of this thread and you questioning why we're all so 'insecure' or 'salty', is answered by the fact that we're tired of seeing thread after thread like this polluting the main board - without an element of fact to back it up. It's just constant bragging without any reason, and in this case what makes it worse, is that it's not even supported by evidence - it's literally based on a misinterpreted headline. Haven't you noticed how the OP went silent after this was all clarified?

Dw, I'm not looking to get back into this with you and have you and your brethren troll me again, as I'm actually not insecure enough to care what you think - unlike threads like these. As 17 other club bases keep pointing out, it's your own base who keeps starting them without any reason except the apparent need to ram it down our throats that you were the best team in modern history. No-one cares. Win a flag this year, then you can brag again.

We're not all so 'triggered or 'mindf*cked' by Richmond - we're just all sick of the main board being polluted with these ridiculous self-aggrandizing threads and posts that are designed to troll everyone and constantly force us to think and see your team the way you do. News flash, most of us just want to talk about interesting new things, and not have the same old s**t rehashed 4 million times, all because you guys are so tone deaf to the fact that this should be on your own board and not here. Even your own supporters are sick of it. There's plenty of comments alluding to that fact throughout this thread. I can't even discuss anything, because as you said yourself earlier in the thread Meteoric Rise - 'discussing things factually is just too commonplace and gets old.' So instead, you just get to constantly s**t post in an area that's for everyone, and you can keep ruining it for those who might have something interesting to say.

Posters are sick of it. Mods are sick of it and yeah, you better believe Geelong supporters are sick of it. I can't talk to most Richmond fans on here without them thinking I'm so 'offended' over losing to you in recent times, or having some s**t meme of Richmond being apparently stuck in my head. I honestly could not give a f*ck, and I am not alone here. I would love to talk to Richmond supporters without all the animosity, but it's impossible when some of you guys are so tone deaf to your antics, and you constantly pollute the board with threads like this. You see it as some badge of honour to annoy people, but really, it's just so tiresome, and nothing worth discussing gets said - and nothing is achieved.

When is it going to end? When am I going to be able to have a normal conversation, without it being some brag fest or f*cking troll, designed to inflame and irritate? Your team hasn't headf*cked anyone, some of your supporters on here have just pissed us off to the point where we just don't care what you have to say anymore - as you seem incapable of non bias or objective reasoning. It's all a competition, and unless you're winning everything, you throw your toys out of the cot and lose your collective s**t.

I said I wouldn't post again, but I got responded to again, with the same old bullshit for the 5000th time this month, without an ounce of self awareness regarding who started the thread and why I responded.

Just. Stop. Already. Enough. With. These. Threads. And. Trolling.

Oh and BTW, before Meteoric Rise goes bringing up my posting in this thread, you might want to take a look and see who the top contributor is by an absolute landslide now. And you can all say I'm crazy, or ranting or whatever other denigrating term you come out with - I honestly don't care, and I expect it.

Don't bother replying. You're ignored and I'm not interested in anything you or your troll brethren have to say. This is my sign off from the main board. Enjoy 'trolling' the rest of us for the next 10,000 threads you post with the same old crap over and over again.

See ya.

Last edited:
I'm going to do this one last time, and you can consider this my sign off from participating in any more ridiculous threads like this again.

Thread was actually incorrectly started, on the basis that the reporter that broke the story - Landsberger - was refuting Chris Scott's assessment that the current gen of players (17-20 Tigers used as example) would run rings around the 01-03 Lions, that Scott himself played in.

Thread then went on to assert that somehow this meant the Tigers dynasty outweighed anything else in the 2010's - including the Hawks 3 peat. OP was then corrected by being shown said article by myself, as it appeared they had only read the headline and not the entire article - given they thought Landsberger was offering a rebuttal to Scott's point, and not agreeing with it as he and Bowden actually were. Tigers supporters have even liked this post, and dismissed the idea of this thread.

So all in all, your support of this thread and you questioning why we're all so 'insecure' or 'salty', is answered by the fact that we're tired of seeing thread after thread like this polluting the main board - without an element of fact to back it up. It's just constant bragging without any reason, and in this case what makes it worse, is that it's not even supported by evidence - it's literally based on a misinterpreted headline. Haven't you noticed how the OP went silent after this was all clarified?

Dw, I'm not looking to get back into this with you and have you and your brethren troll me again, as I'm actually not insecure enough to care what you think - unlike threads like these. As 17 other club bases keep pointing out, it's your own base who keeps starting them without any reason except the apparent need to ram it down our throats that you were the best team in modern history. No-one cares. Win a flag this year, then you can brag again.

We're not all so 'triggered or 'mindf*cked' by Richmond - we're just all sick of the main board being polluted with these ridiculous self-aggrandizing threads and posts that are designed to troll everyone and constantly force us to think and see your team the way you do. News flash, most of us just want to talk about interesting new things, and not have the same old s**t rehashed 4 million times, all because you guys are so tone deaf to the fact that this should be on your own board and not here. Even your own supporters are sick of it. There's plenty of comments alluding to that fact throughout this thread. I can't even discuss anything, because as you said yourself earlier in the thread 'discussing things factually is just too commonplace and gets old.' So instead, you just get to constantly s**t post in an area that's for everyone, and you can keep ruining it for those who might have something interesting to say.

Posters are sick of it. Mods are sick of it
and yeah, you better believe Geelong supporters are sick of it. I can't talk to most Richmond fans on here without them thinking I'm so 'offended' over losing to you in recent times, or having some s**t meme of Richmond being apparently stuck in my head. I honestly could not give a f*ck, and I am not alone here. I would love to talk to Richmond supporters without all the animosity, but it's impossible when some of you guys are so tone deaf to your antics, and you constantly pollute the board with threads like this. You see it as some badge of honour to annoy people, but really, it's just so tiresome, and nothing worth discussing gets said - and nothing is achieved.

When is it going to end? When am I going to be able to have a normal conversation, without it being some brag fest or f*cking troll, designed to inflame and irritate? Your team hasn't headf*cked anyone, some of your supporters on here have just pissed us off to the point where we just don't care what you have to say anymore - as you seem incapable of non bias or objective reasoning. It's all a competition, and unless you're winning everything, you throw your toys out of the cot and lose your collective s**t.

I said I wouldn't post again, but I got responded to again, with the same old bullshit for the 5000th time this month, without an ounce of self awareness regarding who started the thread and why I responded.

Just. Stop. Already. Enough. With. These. Threads. And. Trolling.

Oh and BTW, before Meteoric Rise goes bringing up my posting in this thread, you might want to take a look and see who the top contributor is by an absolute landslide now. And you can all say I'm crazy, or ranting or whatever other denigrating term you come out with - I honestly don't care, and I expect it.

Don't bother replying. You're ignored and I'm not interested in anything you or your troll brethren have to say. This is my sign off from the main board. Enjoy 'trolling' the rest of us for the next 10,000 threads you post with the same old crap over and over again.

See ya.

Thinly veiled former top contributor to the thread living in the past post. 😁

Tiger fans apparently living in the past for any reference to the GF we won 2 years ago according to Cats supporters on this thread.

Next minute, desperate for something to cling to Cats supporters making posts boasting about the 6th most successful footballer in his family having one day out against us 30 years ago. 🤣🤣🤣

What a shambles of a supporter group. 😁
Happy Christmas MR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back