Player Watch Rising Star 2022 Discussion

Who wins the 2022 Rising Star?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood players not getting enough recognition is a new one to me.
Yep, have to fight for it like other small vic clubs.

Some bloke kicked 5 goals for them on ANZAC day, haven't heard it on the socials at all.

Speaking of said bloke, he's a real chance to win the whole thing IMO especially if the current favourites drop off like Rachele and Daicos namely.

Be interesting to see which way the judges go, if it’s pure stats you’d think it’ll be daicos, but I think there’s a few others in front of him who’ve had greater impact on games.

Yep, have to fight for it like other small vic clubs.

Some bloke kicked 5 goals for them on ANZAC day, haven't heard it on the socials at all.

Speaking of said bloke, he's a real chance to win the whole thing IMO especially if the current favourites drop off like Rachele and Daicos namely.
Well he did just get this weeks nom. Stranger things have happened I guess 🤷🏻

Be interesting to see which way the judges go, if it’s pure stats you’d think it’ll be daicos, but I think there’s a few others in front of him who’ve had greater impact on games.
You obviously haven’t watched him play. It’s not just stats. He is 6 games in and plays with the confidence of a 200 game player. Watch the ANZAC game. Jumps and catches the ball high up and hand passes to advantage while at maximum height. It burns off the Essendon player out of congestion while directing players to come to him.

The kid is so far ahead the way he sees the game. Genuine leader as well.

I mean from other supporters. You’ll find out soon enough
Mate, after his debut, Peter came on local radio to discuss how proud he was of his sons. You get Chapmans (he’s a young player that plays for Freo by the way) dad on VIC radio telling you about how proud of his son he was? Trust me, the whole football world knows about Daicos.

Mate, after his debut, Peter came on local radio to discuss how proud he was of his sons. You get Chapmans (he’s a young player that plays for Freo by the way) dad on VIC radio telling you about how proud of his son he was? Trust me, the whole football world knows about Daicos.
Not sure you’re going to get it.
Peace…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously haven’t watched him play. It’s not just stats. He is 6 games in and plays with the confidence of a 200 game player. Watch the ANZAC game. Jumps and catches the ball high up and hand passes to advantage while at maximum height. It burns off the Essendon player out of congestion while directing players to come to him.

Easy big fella, you're going to make a frightful mess of your jeans.

Easy big fella, you're going to make a frightful mess of your jeans.
So people are allowed to take subtle digs, and make potshots, but that’s the response when someone talks footy and player attributes?

I reckon I’m probably giving you too much credit and you’re just being a smartarse anyway tbh.

Pretty much this time last year just made it onto a VFL list straight from playing local footy in Poowong. In terms of getting a kid for peanuts to performing at VFL/AFL level within 12 months ……. rising star means nothing for me just happy to have found a midfield bull for the next decade. Rachelle does looks good.

Yeah just made that statement without watching any of his games 🤦‍♂️. No doubt he’s going to be a gun, but he wouldn’t of been in the top 10 players on the ground the other day, and probably hasn’t been top 10 in many of his other games. Atm he’s good at finding the ball, a neat user and works hard to get into receiving positions. It’ll go a long way towards convincing more people if he can go into the middle and really impact games.

So people are allowed to take subtle digs, and make potshots, but that’s the response when someone talks footy and player attributes?

I reckon I’m probably giving you too much credit and you’re just being a smartarse anyway tbh.

You dont think saying a 6 game player plays with the confidence of a 200 game player, a natural leader, so far ahead of the game, making players come to him and burning off opposition is just getting a tad overexcited?

Josh Rachele plays with the confidence of a 200 game player, has elite goal sense, is one of the most accurate kicks in the game, turns around then destroys opposition defenders and reads the play better than any small forward in the competition. If he doesn't win the RS its #VICBIAS

You rolled your eyes.

Back