AFL Toast Rnd 11: 16 Point win against West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You WA supporters have been through some tough games for us vs The Weagles and The Anchors - appreciate you all sticking fat

I’m guessing we have beaten WC here just only twice in 10 years. The Jobe game the last?

And everyone loves a come from behind win in the wet.

strange game really. it felt that we were always on top, as much as the commentary tried to say otherwise. very nice to beat a top 8 side playing the more sustainable game plan (they kicked 9 goals 0 and all arsey out the back stuff), and just grinding them out of it. not sure when i've last thought that about a win, maybe collingwood last year. think midfield and flankers deserve enormous credit for their workrate, knuckled down and stuck to the task in a way that reminded me very clearly of richmond.

add francis's intercepting class, 2mp to keep langford out of the ruck and take some pressure of hooker, and i think we can make a game of it next week against the OGs of our style.

A nice step forward for this groups maturing.
We won on the road, taught the young players a great lesson the game's not over and we can fight back.
Bring on the rest of the season hey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back