Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday 22nd July 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final Team Post #352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
:carlton: V :hawthorn:

DigbysDeftTaps Preview

Previous meetings-

2017 R22 Carlton 4.4 6.4 10.4 12.5 (77) dftd Hawthorn 1.1 5.7 8.8 10.10 (70) Etihad Stadium Aug 19 (Sat 7:25pm)
2016 R19 Hawthorn 2.5 2.8 7.11 10.14 (74) dftd Carlton 0.4 1.8 5.11 7.13 (55) Aurora Stadium Jul 30 (Sat 2:10pm)
2015 R23 Hawthorn 5.3 9.5 14.7 17.11 (113) dftd Carlton 1.2 4.5 5.7 8.8 (56) Melbourne Cricket Ground Sep 5 (Sat 4:40pm)
2015 R17 Carlton 0.2 2.5 2.7 4.11 (35) lost to Hawthorn 5.2 13.4 20.8 27.11 (173) Etihad Stadium Jul 24 (Fri 7:50pm)
2014 R13 Carlton 2.1 6.5 11.9 13.12 (90) lost to Hawthorn 6.2 9.5 12.8 18.10 (118) Melbourne Cricket Ground Jun 13 (Fri 7:50pm)

Carlton head into Sundays game against the hawks off the back of consecutive poor games against the Saints and Brisbane. Hawthorn are coming of a shock loss against Brisbane. which could see their finals chances take a huge hit. The blues are on track to claim this years wooden spoon while Hawthorn are 1 game outside the Top 8.

Recent history has the Hawks clear favourites as Carlton has managed just 1 win against them in the past 15 games.

Both teams are missing key ruck man, with McEvoy and Marc Pittonet both injured with the latter a game time decision. Carlton has its own ruck issues with Matthew Kruezer missing majority of our last game with a heart issue while Andrew Phillips is sidelined with a hamstring complaint.

The key to Carlton winning is to nullify Hawthorns lynchpin in James Siciliy. Ed C has a big role in running with Tom Mitchell and hopefully we can make the most of attacks with Charlie and Harry to stretch the Hawks D!

Forecast- Hawks by 37 points

Last edited:

Lobbe for Kruezer
Schumacher for Lamb
Cuningham? for Polson (If Cuningham is fit)
Weitering?

McKay to play as a forward only to give Curnow a hand.
Lobbe and Jones to ruck

Can't even look forward to the cricket now that I know that Bruce will be commentating.
2018 sucks!

OUT - Matthew Kreuzer (Managed), Jed Lamb (Suspended), Cameron Polson (Omitted)
IN - Jacob Weitering, Matthew Lobbe, Matthew Wright
NEED TO LIFT - Jarrod Garlett, Liam Jones, Jarrod Pickett, Sam Rowe, Matt Shaw

FB - Caleb Marchbank, Sam Rowe, Lochie O'Brien
HB - Kade Simpson, Liam Jones, Dale Thomas
C - Matthew Kennedy, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy
HF - Ed Curnow, Charlie Curnow, Jarrod Garlett
FF - Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Matthew Wright
R - Matthew Lobbe, Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher
I - Jarrod Pickett, Matt Shaw, Jack Silvagni, Jacob Weitering

E - Angus Schumacher, Jed Lamb, Nick Graham, Levi Casboult

WHY IN?
Weitering
will supposedly help Marchy out. I'm guessing Wright would walk back in (probably shouldn't). Wouldn't mind Lobbe in for a game or two.

WHY OUT?
Don't bother risking Kreuzer, as it's like the team wanting to go in a player short. Then again, Polson is practically the same thing at the moment (and he is fit). Out they go. Lamb had no effect other than trying to be a pest to the opposition, and he'll be out through suspension anyway.

WHY NOT?
No point risking Byrne. He is one or two injuries away from me losing faith in him. This club can't afford keeping unfit players like Sydney or Geelong can.
Could argue for a debut from Schumacher. Then again he hasn't done anything and is just coming off a groin issue. Suppose it's just me wanting a taste of another kid.
Willing to let Shaw hang around for another week or so, but tonight did him no favours. Then again tonight didn't do anybody favours.
Lang can languish in he twos until he can get rid of that 'I'll go in the contest when I feel like it' attitude.

The MC better not drop McKay. I know most people would think it won't happen, but I'm not sold on this inept group of people working at our club!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobbe for Kruezer
Schumacher for Lamb
Cuningham? for Polson (If Cuningham is fit)
Weitering?

McKay to play as a forward only to give Curnow a hand.
Lobbe and Jones to ruck

Can't even look forward to the cricket now that I know that Bruce will be commentating.
2018 sucks!

If only. But unfortunately Cuningham is out for the rest of the year with a hammy.

Has your account been hacked Soapy?

No :) but I think we are in freefall and need to protect the youngsters a bit. The "deckchairs" I named were brought in for back up. There is no more back needed than now.

These names need to play each week until seasons end. Tell them it's their chance to earn a spot for 2019.

Mullett O'Shea Kerridge Wright Casboult Shaw Lamb Lobbe Rowe Thomas Graham

IMO Bolton needs to play them and rotate the younger players for some experience and make sure they are fresh for the pre season. This is also the perfect opportunity to try a few things. I would

Make sure McKay Kerr get a good block of games. Get TDK Schumacher Macreadie & LeBois in for a game or two at the end of the year

Play Polson in the midfield where he is suited
Maybe SPS or Pickett off HB
Murphy small forward
Give Jones a run as a fwd/ruck whilst leaving Marchbank/Weitering down back with Jack
Try Kerridge as a mobile forward

You never know what Gold you may get (which is a bonus) and we need to make sure our younger players are fresh and ready for a long pre season. 2019 is a big year for this club

PS I would rest Cripps for last 2-3 games. Needs a good break before pre season.

No :) but I think we are in freefall and need to protect the youngsters a bit. The "deckchairs" I named were brought in for back up. There is no more back needed than now.

These names need to play each week until seasons end. Tell them it's their chance to earn a spot for 2019.

Mullett O'Shea Kerridge Wright Casboult Shaw Lamb Lobbe Rowe Thomas Graham

IMO Bolton needs to play them and rotate the younger players for some experience and make sure they are fresh for the pre season. This is also the perfect opportunity to try a few things. I would

Make sure McKay Kerr get a good block of games. Get TDK Schumacher Macreadie & LeBois in for a game or two at the end of the year

Play Polson in the midfield where he is suited
Maybe SPS or Pickett off HB
Murphy small forward
Give Jones a run as a fwd/ruck whilst leaving Marchbank/Weitering down back with Jack
Try Kerridge as a mobile forward

You never know what Gold you may get (which is a bonus) and we need to make sure our younger players are fresh and ready for a long pre season. 2019 is a big year for this club

PS I would rest Cripps for last 2-3 games. Needs a good break before pre season.
So forget all your bluster about backing the coach, the club, the system....
Throw it all out because of a loss.
Forget about the kids developing.
Forget about drilling the players to be harder, better...
Ohhhh .... you were joking

I have changed my mind

Play Mullett O'Shea Kerridge Wright Casboult Shaw Lamb Lobbe Rowe Thomas

Save the kids and get them ready for the pre season. See you in 2019

On the money. I’ve been calling this for several weeks for the following reasons.

1. The young players we got aren’t up to it at this stage. In all aspects skill, size, fitness and attack on the ball. Surely they know that they have been gifted token games not based on performance.

2. It’s not good that these kids play in a team that get belted every week in front of Australia, or be it a few states, on TV. Very depressing.

3. Put them all in the 2’s together so they can enjoy a few wins hopefully whilst having a major contribution and influence in the result.

4. Listen to another voice other than our 6th Grade primary school teacher coach and his green shoots and synergies.

5. The kids have probably won at everything they have done in their juniors. Whether footy, athletics or any other sport they played. So they wouldnt be used to the feeling of embarrassing loses or hopelessness. They can’t physically change the course of the game, yet are required to do so for a win. It would be demoralising for the likes of Cripps and Curnow who bust their gut with no reward let alone younger ones who know they are getting games just for the sake of it.

6. Some of the kids would hate to be in the same locker room as Cripps or simmo knowing that they run over the ball in most contests with fear or others that get 3 possessions in a whole game

However, I believe the kids are the future, teach them well and let lead the way.

Throw the battlers in the fire till season end, save the kids for next year or the next.

Bring in Schumacher. Drop whoever. Because it clearly can't get any worse.

If I have to watch Lamb niggling Sicily again as a *ing highlight I'll snap. Just play the game you spud.

Complete frogshit!!
We are obliged to play the best team possible with an aim to win as many games as possible.
We are obliged to give to kids the best opportunity to develop, to learn the sytems and be subjected to the greatest pressure possible.
They will improve and we will start winning.

Bring in Schumacher. Drop whoever. Because it clearly can't get any worse.

If I have to watch Lamb niggling Sicily again as a ruddy highlight I'll snap. Just play the game you spud.

That’s the problem with lamb, can’t play the game so just niggles and smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back