Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday 22nd July 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final Team Post #352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
July21OpenTrainingArticle.jpg

Sadly, I can’t imagine another win this year other than maybe catching the doggies out. As long as there is effort I’ll be happy... kind of. Oh, and how bad do we play at Docklands, yeah we beat the hawks there last year but we seem lost out there. I saw the GC game, freo... that was scary bad. Hang in there peeps.

Sadly, I can’t imagine another win this year other than maybe catching the doggies out. As long as there is effort I’ll be happy... kind of. Oh, and how bad do we play at Docklands, yeah we beat the hawks there last year but we seem lost out there. I saw the GC game, freo... that was scary bad. Hang in there peeps.

No way can we knock off the Doggies, they'll have Boyd and others back in the side soon and I just don't think we can.
The Suns perhaps with some luck, but at the home, also strengthening their team too. So not really sure, save some surprise, sadly we may end with the solitary win for the season, agree.

Serious question, when was the last time any of you guys/girls were really looking forward to a game?

Every week i look forward to the game. Learn something all the time.

Unlike most, i'm an avid but dispassionate supporter. Winning doesn't make me feel better about myself and losing doesn't make me feel worse about myself.

I am avidly interested in Carlton FC at the moment and watching us play. I happen to believe in the steps taken post 2015 season and am interested in where those steps take us.

We have the best young list we have had for decades. Imo we have been irrelevant since the salary cap penalties. Post 2015 we made the decision that that stops and the bandaid gets ripped right off. Right now, the fruits of that decision are budding every week.

Will we get a Premiership out of this?....who knows.

Will we get a consistent finals team the next 5 or 6 years?...who knows.

But we won't be irrelevant......Because we are setting a sustainable base Club wide.

No way can we knock off the Doggies, they'll have Boyd and others back in the side soon and I just don't think we can.
The Suns perhaps with some luck, but at the home, also strengthening their team too. So not really sure, save some surprise, sadly we may end with the solitary win for the season, agree.
So we're not looking like to cement a top 4 finish then ? :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here. It hasn't been pretty to watch this year, but I still love seeing those Navy Blues jumpers out there. It's a long 7 months between the end of August & the end of March.

Agree. The Navy Blues. Not the Greyvy Blues. This might be a bit of a dead horse flog, but by gee I detest that the players had to wear that horrid uniform last week.

I can watch a qtr these days and that is about it. I now tend to pick out one of our scrubs like Graham, Mullett, O'shea, Thomas, Jones, Kerridge, Rowe, Casbault, Garlett, Lamb or Polson and take particular interest in their disposal skillz. I enter a trance like state similar to that moment in the Karate kid where in the final fight he is going like WTF is going on here. Then it happens like clockwork, said crab player kicks it straight to the opposition, they score a goal and i fall down in a stupor like someone rerverse flipped kicked me in the head!

Aside from that, i'm mostly chipper about our future.

I can watch a qtr these days and that is about it. I now tend to pick out one of our scrubs like Graham, Mullett, O'shea, Thomas, Jones, Kerridge, Rowe, Casbault, Garlett, Lamb or Polson and take particular interest in their disposal skillz. I enter a trance like state similar to that moment in the Karate kid where in the final fight he is going like WTF is going on here. Then it happens like clockwork, said crab player kicks it straight to the opposition, they score a goal and i fall down in a stupor like someone rerverse flipped kicked me in the head!

Chuckled at that. It is an undervalued treat to watch a super crab(s) in action. You know it's coming....and it never disappoints.

I expected you to continue the Karte Kid reference by saying the crab player crane kicks it straight to the opposition

Every week but I'm pretty sure it's a lot about the ritual of preparing for and watching the game. I have

Although I don't anguish over the decision to stop watching at some point in the game any more though. I figured I've done my duty by switching on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back