Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the suckers paying for it.

The horseshit that gets passed off as expansion around here is pure dungeons & dragons level fantasy.

Meanwhile YOUR funds for YOUR football club keep getting shoveled towards the political interests of self promoted non football parasites who have seized a platform built for them by the sweat and toil of 150 years work by people who would not piss on them if they were on fire.
you need new material

you need new material

Reckon it is going to be a year that's as awful onfield as any of us have seen apart from the real old fans. I'm mid 40s and never seen a wooden spoon.

Suspect I might this year.

That said, I reckon I might also see something I've never experienced either - North having immovable financial foundations in Melbourne.

Via what's happening at Arden Street. Long term revenue generating stuff at Arden Street.

Reckon it is going to be a year that's as awful onfield as any of us have seen apart from the real old fans. I'm mid 40s and never seen a wooden spoon.

Suspect I might this year.

That said, I reckon I might also see something I've never experienced either - North having immovable financial foundations in Melbourne.

Via what's happening at Arden Street. Long term revenue generating stuff at Arden Street.

Assets. We need assets.Been banging on about it for I don’t know how long.

I think we are better placed on-field then at first glance, but I’m ready for the exact same experience (38).

I only know relief, disappointment and disillusionment. I would love some ******* Joy from North outside of 1996.

You mean like the Huddle & AFLW football creating a production line of new members?

That horse sh*t has already been done.
no, i mean like your shtick is stale.

People are continually sold an endless stream of horseshit wrapped up as ridiculous fantasies.

THAT is the "vision" of YOU club.

What you need to ask yourself is, "is this the best they can do?"

"Is it time to get others in who have something more the plate than sucking up to councillors?"

Because if this is as good as this administration can deliver, then the club is on a slow road to imminent death. You cannot tread water forever.

Assets. We need assets.Been banging on about it for I don’t know how long.

I think we are better placed on-field then at first glance, but I’m ready for the exact same experience (38).

I only know relief, disappointment and disillusionment. I would love some ******* Joy from North outside of 1996.

Yep, and you're right. And it is what we are working towards.

no, i mean like your shtick is stale.

And always wrong. Like proven, demonstrably wrong.

The VFL team has been canned for the W side etc etc.

The W side is a waste and brings nothing - except Essendon and Hawthorn are desperate to get involved because they know how important a W side is.

Don't bother.

just on our plans for Arden St, good appointment here - having a senior executive interfacing with the different levels of government as the Arden Street precinct gets underway ensures we'll catching the wave, vital to staying a Melbourne team into the future

* YEAH IF SHE DOESN'T TWEET IN ALL CAPS ABOUT ARDEN STREET REDEVELOPMENT NEWS I'LL BE SORELY DISAPPOINTED

fu** YEAH IF SHE DOESN'T TWEET IN ALL CAPS ABOUT ARDEN STREET REDEVELOPMENT NEWS I'LL BE SORELY DISAPPOINTED

Hahaha that was my first reaction too.

The horseshit that gets passed off as expansion around here is pure dungeons & dragons level fantasy.

Meanwhile YOUR funds for YOUR football club keep getting shoveled towards the political interests of self promoted non football parasites who have seized a platform built for them by the sweat and toil of 150 years work by people who would not piss on them if they were on fire.

Good football people like Ron Joseph... who actively lobbied to bring Peter Scanlon into the club and make him Chairman.

Good football people like Ron Joseph... who actively lobbied to bring Peter Scanlon into the club and make him Chairman.
If I remember our history correctly, didn't the Board all mortgage their houses to pay for the talent needed to win the '75 flag? Probably fair to say those days are gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the legend, yes. It's certainly a beautiful story but whether it's 100% true, I don't know.

Along with Joseph having to go down to Ma Flynn's knockshop to get the extra cash Blight demanded.

Wonder what ma Flynn would have made of the likes of Jassie Garner and Britt Gibson.

Along with Joseph having to go down to Ma Flynn's knockshop to get the extra cash Blight demanded.

Wonder what ma Flynn would have made of the likes of Jassie Garner and Britt Gibson.

The fact that large sums were paid in cash rather than cheque does imply that some it may have come from supporters who ran cash businesses.

Have heard good things about her.

I'm glad we didn't go for someone who is deeply politically aligned - as in a former staffer for a Minister in the state or federal govt.

What's interesting about that is that Labor were EXPECTED to win the election, yet she reached out to Morrison as well.

Smart play that paid off.

Mistake we made with Ballarat, good to see we've learned from that.
What’s your take on the mistake we made with Ballarat? Just that we pulled our reserves involvements or more to it?
I've always thought the dogs pounced at a great time. We were way too slow on seeing that opportunity, but my memory on it is sketchy at best. Would have been a smart move by us to be trying to align ourselves with Ballarat.

No. Without our membership our club would die. You have to put aside your politics for this. All North supporters need to be members. And I reckon the people that have fought for the clubs survival would be very angry at financially capable members not signing up as a protest. It won’t be politics that sinks the club, it’ll be lack of members. It’s that simple.

What’s your take on the mistake we made with Ballarat? Just that we pulled our reserves involvements or more to it?
I've always thought the dogs pounced at a great time. We were way too slow on seeing that opportunity, but my memory on it is sketchy at best. Would have been a smart move by us to be trying to align ourselves with Ballarat.

I remember it as the dogs and the afl working together to usurp us.

No. Without our membership our club would die. You have to put aside your politics for this. All North supporters need to be members. And I reckon the people that have fought for the clubs survival would be very angry at financially capable members not signing up as a protest. It won’t be politics that sinks the club, it’ll be lack of members. It’s that simple.

It's currently dying a slow death anyway.

A member backlash is required.

We had all our eggs in one basket - Labor winning the 2012 state election.

They didn't

I've always thought the dogs pounced at a great time. We were way too slow on seeing that opportunity, but my memory on it is sketchy at best.

They did. Having Tim Pallas who represents the Western Bulldogs Seat as Treasurer has helped them enormously there.

Same as how he was able to help them get all that free land for their major redevelopment of the Western Oval.

That did at least set a precedent though.

Would have been a smart move by us to be trying to align ourselves with Ballarat.

We did, it didn't work out.

Bang goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back