Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

His involvement was prior and separate to Noble‘s though. Noble wasn't in a position to push back against after that even if he’d wanted To.

You seriously think Noble doesn’t want him involved? The guy was largely responsible for convincing him to take the job in the first place. Noble isn’t forced to use him, he obviously is getting value out of the engagement.

People (myself included) complained about being too inexperienced in the coaches box last year. Now we have far more experience in the box, yet people complain about that too.

You seriously think Noble doesn’t want him involved? The guy was largely responsible for convincing him to take the job in the first place. Noble isn’t forced to use him, he obviously is getting value out of the engagement.

People (myself included) complained about being too inexperienced in the coaches box last year. Now we have far more experience in the box, yet people complain about that too.

Learn to read there sire. “Even if”.

Yes, I remember reading about this, I think it was Matthews.
Isnt Roos working at North on a voluntary basis? I don't know but if so, hes allowed to make a living. I'm not having a dig at you, but he's allowed to work. And if he can negotiate a few extra bucks, why not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wishing we had landed Choco instead of Roos - no disrespect to Roos at all but Choco seems to drag players forward.

Yeah, but Choco has a personality and that wouldn't sit well with the board.

Last edited:

Don't be a dick. You twisted the post to cheerlead.

We're not going to hear if Noble would've rather not had Roos involved.

A first time senior coach isn't going to say to their new employer "oh by the way, that consultant you hired who headhunted and interviewed me - get rid of 'em".

I'm not saying he likes or doesn't like Roos being there only that Roos' engagement predated him. And yes I'm aware of his public comments on Roos since he's asked about it every 5 minutes.

Feel free to twist those words too.

Do you mean like how he's suddenly reinvented certain players..........and it's just a coincidence that we're sitting 1 and 10?

Have dealt with Performance by Design before and as much as I kinda cringe at the corporate mysticism, they are really successful at building a culture that gets right on board with accountability and performance improvement.
There's certainly value to be gained from engaging with companies like theirs, but these type of seminars aren't the place to get it. It's basically just a networking event. A bit cringey that we're hosting it, but that's life. We've already held one big networking event this year, and it looks like we're partnering with these guys for another.

TBH I can't help but wonder if Roos' salary is a bit less than we might have expected: We're pimping his company here, probably at the big event earlier, and we picked up his son in the VFL too. Worth every penny and eyeroll if he genuinely helps us set up the league best processes, and doubly so if he helps net us a priority pick which I still suspect is a third of the reason we brought him on board.

They catch up for coffee once a fortnight and he attends games? Is that the general gist of it? Regardless nobel didn't sound overly enthusiastic about the arrangement a few mid week interviews ago

They catch up for coffee once a fortnight and he attends games? Is that the general gist of it? Regardless nobel didn't sound overly enthusiastic about the arrangement a few mid week interviews ago

He seemed happy enough that Roos coughs up for breakfast. Mind you, that’s probably charged straight back to the club.....

We're not going to hear if Noble would've rather not had Roos involved.

A first time senior coach isn't going to say to their new employer "oh by the way, that consultant you hired who headhunted and interviewed me - get rid of 'em".

I'm not saying he likes or doesn't like Roos being there only that Roos' engagement predated him. And yes I'm aware of his public comments on Roos since he's asked about it every 5 minutes.

Feel free to twist those words too.

KC I’d argue that you are twisting the plot to suit a narrative tbh.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that Noble doesn’t respect and appreciate working with Roos, yet you’re implying that he doesnt have a choice and may not want him.

While I like Noble, hes enough of a black hole to personality to absorb any overflow from Choco!
Correct Weight Snake
Choco Williams has to much football sense for this board and as we speak are trying to figure out what to try next as for pre match day entertainment will it be.
A, Egg and Spoon race?
B, Running a lap against a man on fence sign?
C, Getting a Supporter to try and take a Mark of a football out of a cricket bowling machine?
or wait for it.
D, Maybe try and get a VFL game on before the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back