!Rorting finals tickets: who is at it already, week #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Seems the AFL was front & centre via the AFL Members Club, rorting those who paid full price for membership. By selling members 4 x guest passes for a fee, they raised dollars at the expense of their members who missed out on seats.

Memo to those who missed out on seats, join your footy club !!!

Despite my advice on membership, join your footy club, it seems both Collingwood & the Hawks were at it too. Guests got seats for a fee ($'s), clubs pocketted the money, two fingers to its members who paid up long ago.

AFL Members guest passes on Ebay, what a joke !

Irrelevant to the issue raised, cheapest show in town !!

It is too cheap, that is my point.

If it wasn't profitable to buy 4 x AFL member guest passes and list them on ebay to achieve closer to their true value cf their face value you wouldn't have this problem.

Further it's pretty stupid to think you're entitled to a guaranteed finals ticket just bc you are a base level club member.

If you want a guaranteed finals ticket, get a membership where you get a guaranteed finals ticket, otherwise it's first in best dressed.

Further it's pretty stupid to think you're entitled to a guaranteed finals ticket just bc you are a base level club member.

If you want a guaranteed finals ticket, get a membership where you get a guaranteed finals ticket, otherwise it's first in best dressed.

My apology, you are indeed correct. Nonetheless, guest passes are a step too far.

They should have sold tickets today at 9am for afl members only, and if people wanted to take the risk and get guest passes they should have had to have waited until 12pm or 9am the next day. Lined up today at a ticketek outlet to get me and another afl member mate a ticket and missed out due to 99% of the people in front of us wanting millions of guest passes who were probably using a friends afl membership in the first place. What makes it worse is as these people are not members they have no idea how it all works and were trying to pick there seats when they came up instead of taking what they were given.

Doesn't really worry me as I don't barrack for hawthorn or collingwood, but its just annoying knowing so many people will be there friday on guest passes sitting in mine and other afl members seats that missed out.

Lined up today at a ticketek outlet to get me and another afl member mate a ticket and missed out due to 99% of the people in front of us wanting millions of guest passes who were probably using a friends afl membership in the first place. What makes it worse is as these people are not members they have no idea how it all works and were trying to pick there seats when they came up instead of taking what they were given.

Ticketek should have taken Ticketmaster's approach for the Adelaide v Sydney final in regards to seating allocations during the initial rush - pick a category and then it's best available according to the computer, like it or lump it. While you're at the mercy of the computer, it gets the tickets printed and the line moving most efficiently.

Ticketek should have taken Ticketmaster's approach for the Adelaide v Sydney final in regards to seating allocations during the initial rush - pick a category and then it's best available according to the computer, like it or lump it. While you're at the mercy of the computer, it gets the tickets printed and the line moving most efficiently.

Missed the point Brucey, rorting is the point ... get it, got it, good !!

SNAFU royale.

Putting up prices to stop scalping? FFS

The AFL could easily stop members scalping. Any tickets that go up on eBay or similar sites, the AFL employs people to log on and purchase them. All of them. They then cancel the tickets and cancel the memberships they were purchased with.

It would cost them a few thousand dollars (absolute chicken feed for them) and would stop the practice overnight.

They won't do it. They have their money once the ticket is sold, they simply don't care.

Oh grow up. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should have read my post - and that I was responding to Rado's issue about people picking and choosing seats, before you made your teenage snide remarks.

OR trying to move away from the issue, thats rorting Brucey.

In SA, AAMI members (formerly known as SANFL types) receive preferential treatment over footy fans who join their footy club ... are the tickets on ebay ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous that each AFL member can get four guest tickets. Should have been 1 or 2 max. There will be more guests than AFL members in the AFL section at this rate.

Unbelievable. Should be like MCC - max two guests.

They also need to integrate the club support with the finals ticketing in the AFL members section. Annoyed that there's probably a fair amount of neutral supporters using all their guest passes whilst I'm in the nose bleeds.

I think it basically was like that mate, my point was that half the people who were ordering tickets at the front of the line weren't actually afl members and had borrowed one off someone they knew. As they weren't actually members, they were trying to pick seats and were taking an eternity because they didn't know how it worked and had never gone through the process before, holding up everyone including me. Makes it even more annoying!!

1. AAMI Stadium members ARE club members
2. How are they receiving preferential treatment over other AFC members?

Are you a SA version of what Eddie was on about brucey - you choose to pay whomever in preference to joining your footy club, a Claytons member eh!
This is again… one of the biggest issues we have in AFL football and that is, our biggest competitor at Collingwood is not the other clubs, not the NRL, not the soccer, but the AFL.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcguire-lashes-out-on-mcg-ticket-sales-20120906-25g6j.html#ixzz25jG1TVSK

Are you a SA version of what Eddie was on about brucey - you choose to pay whomever in preference to joining your footy club, a Claytons member eh!
This is again… one of the biggest issues we have in AFL football and that is, our biggest competitor at Collingwood is not the other clubs, not the NRL, not the soccer, but the AFL.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcguire-lashes-out-on-mcg-ticket-sales-20120906-25g6j.html#ixzz25jG1TVSK

Up until June 30, perhaps, however, Adelaide/Port Adelaide took over control of AAMI Stadium Memberships on July 1. This means the clubs manage the memberships - and that's everything including payment.

I'll give you a little tip - if you're going to troll, perhaps do a little research first. You seem to make a lot of comment about something you have very little, if any, idea about.

It's funny how Eddie always argues "fairness" when something is against Collingwood, but whenever Collingwood has an advantage then "fairness" is irrelevant...

Collingwood having full use of the Ponsford Stand for all H&A matches is ridiculous

I had an issue with the 4x Guest passes until I read the following from the Age article linked above:

"In regard to the Haw v Coll match, yes there were 1000 guest passes sold for the match and that was the limit for them. AFL members have the right to buy guest passes for matches, outside of the Grand Final, and that was the number allowed for this match. The number of guest passes amounted to less than 10 per cent of the area capacity and none of those seats were sold in the under cover areas of the N, M or P sections."

Although not ideal, it's not as bad as I thought originally.

its finals time so queue the whinging about AFL members getting a free ride and not being "real supporters" funny never see this in January when im handing over a grand or so (like i have for the past 18 years) so that my wife and I can have the membership package the suits our needs, i.e she is Saints supporter, me a Blues we can go to each others games without issue and still support our clubs financially. People also forget that if i choose not to buy a membership as the blues are in a rebuilding time (i.e. early-mid 2000) I loose my membership and go to the back of the line and on the waiting list to be a silver/restricted member.

Further to the original post I agree that if they are going to sell guest passes (especially with a blockbuster final) that guest passes be sold after other AFL members have had their chance to secure a seat..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back