Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

loyalty is a complete load of...

equally there are arrangements that favour one side or the other
Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most.

Yes, take note, the man we forced out of the club, we are loyal to others.

Yeh right, you seriously don't think Brad had that Saints deal lined up from the middle of the season? Similar to Cameron at GWS, they forcefhe club to up their offer. Apparently that's loyalty to you, wake up.

Yeh right, you seriously don't think Brad had that Saints deal lined up from the middle of the season? Similar to Cameron at GWS, they forcefhe club to up their offer. Apparently that's loyalty to you, wake up.

Of course he knew that was an option. He's at one of the more important crossroads in his career (being an FA). Brad however had come out in the media and stated he wanted to stay at Adelaide. Saying he'd only leave if we wanted him too.

The reason why Brad isn't at Adelaide is because we did not want to keep Brad at his market rate. We were more enamoured with the idea of trying to generate pick 2. Odds are we were already paying Brad what he got at the Saints seeing how highly we rated him throughout his time here.

Football is a job in the end of the day, and if your expecting players to stay for 100-200k less (or for less security) out of "loyalty", you're a fool. That's only a reward and endorsement for what you are building.

Also "wake up" at the end of the post. What are you, some dropkick who believes the earth is flat? That's some real nuffy language.

Of course he knew that was an option. He's at one of the more important crossroads in his career (being an FA). Brad however had come out in the media and stated he wanted to stay at Adelaide. Saying he'd only leave if we wanted him too.

The reason why Brad isn't at Adelaide is because we did not want to keep Brad at his market rate. We were more enamoured with the idea of trying to generate pick 2. Odds are we were already paying Brad what he got at the Saints seeing how highly we rated him throughout his time here.

Football is a job in the end of the day, and if your expecting players to stay for 100-200k less (or for less security) out of "loyalty", you're a fool. That's only a reward and endorsement for what you are building.

Also "wake up" at the end of the post. What are you, some dropkick who believes the earth is flat? That's some real nuffy language.

You have completely missed the point of my original post.. wake up Jeff

Laird didn't shop him self around, didn't wait until the final week of trades to add pressure to the club and accepted a 5 year deal that was likely unders per year. He could've asked other clubs what they are willing to offer and upped his pay per season.. but he chose to stay at the club long term.

Not sure if you watched the game yesterday, but I personally can't see a glimmer of hope and I wouldn't be staying long term.. he should be chasing glory.. so just incase you have forgotten what loyalty looks like, Laird and Smithers are examples. Take note.

We are no longer a good team, so loyalty no now calculated by staying.. it's a s**t show and I don't blame people leaving

Would've preferred a four year deal, with a trigger for a fifth should his form hold up. He and Smithers worth the punt I guess - Sloane's the only one I'm really concerned about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've preferred a four year deal, with a trigger for a fifth should his form hold up. He and Smithers worth the punt I guess - Sloane's the only one I'm really concerned about.
That's the whole point of FA, players will always get that 5th year, unless you are injury prone like B.Crouch, there won't be any trigger clause for how many games you had to play.

If we could get a late 20's pick for Laird we should have sprinted to the paper to sign up for it. He peaked as a player three years ago. People acting in this thread like he's an elite of the game.
Facts are that the industry does recognise him as elite

2 x AA and a B&F validates this recognition

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AA‘s were in 2017 & 2018
The B&F was 2018

you‘re both right

Laird didn't shop him self around, didn't wait until the final week of trades to add pressure to the club and accepted a 5 year deal that was likely unders per year. He could've asked other clubs what they are willing to offer and upped his pay per season.. but he chose to stay at the club long term.

Sorry, what? You think we upped our offer from 3 years to 5 years, because he hadn’t been shopping the market and didn’t have other offers to threaten with?

wake up!!
That K hole is too deep

wake up!

Sorry, what? You think we upped our offer from 3 years to 5 years, because he hadn’t been shopping the market and didn’t have other offers to threaten with?

wake up!!
That K hole is getting too deep

wake up!

We obviously offered him 5 because we predicted that he'll be playing in form at that age. I'm talking about the money he's been offered, it's obviously not top money per year.. this gives you the ability to offer more years.

we offered him 3 first. We did not want to give him 5

Smithers took the 3 we offered

And how do you know this?

Smith is 29, Laird is 27.. starting to make sense now, both of their contracts will end when they are 32? Coincidence, I don't think so.

how do I know this??????

FFS wake up, are you for real

Lol it's age based, wake up lol. Numbers probably isn't your strong suit, but it's obvious they've agreed 32 is the max age contracts will be offered to.

The money Laird was offered was probably average per year, so its a win/win.

Lol it's age based, wake up lol. Numbers probably isn't your strong suit, but it's obvious they've agreed 32 is the max age contracts will be offered to.

The money Laird was offered was probably average per year, so its a win/win.

probably.

you’re probably still in remedial class at School, and what’s equally obvious is that it’s my fault for thinking you had a grown ups capacity for coherent thought.

my bad.
  1. you start out saying he’s not shopped himself around
  2. Then you deny we offered him 3 years
  3. Now, you just imagine it was low dollars, well just because
Well done 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back