Recommitted Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

“The AFL Shouter” is tweeting the following:

‘Great news for @Adelaide_FC fans!!!!!@rorysloane9 has agreed to a 4 year deal worth $3.6m. $850k for the first 2 years, $950k final two. Have had this confirmed by someone involved in the discussions. Rory has left a LOT of money on the table by staying in Adelaide. Respect.”
900k a year and he left a lot on the table? I think the Crows are putting a bit a mayo on that.

900k a year and he left a lot on the table? I think the Crows are putting a bit a mayo on that.

That’s not the crows stating that... just the afl shouters opinion..

I myself believe that’s about what he worth but there are strong rumours of Victorian clubs willing to offer a million or slightly more... if these rumours are true (and I’m not staying they are) then he would be forgoing a fair chunk of cash..

But he hasn’t signed with the crows yet either... these reports, whilst from reputable sources, are just reports..

“The AFL Shouter” is tweeting the following:

‘Great news for @Adelaide_FC fans!!!!!@rorysloane9 has agreed to a 4 year deal worth $3.6m. $850k for the first 2 years, $950k final two. Have had this confirmed by someone involved in the discussions. Rory has left a LOT of money on the table by staying in Adelaide. Respect.”

Never heard of them....What's their track record like with these things?

Reports from Melb is he has a massive offer from the Crows. It also says new rules may make him an unrestricted free agent.

The list of players unrestricted will be announced prior to round 1. Crows would be filthy if they couldn’t match and at least force a better trade.

Sloane should be unrestricted anyway....This is his 10th season with Adelaide.

Will turn 28 before the season starts; & anyone who signs him, will have a player turning 29 before he even pulls on their jumper proper.

If Adelaide are offering him 4 years at $850K. then he should grab it.....Anyone going over & above that for a player entering his twilight years would be crazy.

Collingwood have indicated they want a power forward. Doubtful that they’d be going for Sloane.

Apparently with new rules around free agency to be announced he could be a UFA.
The entire Sloane to Collingwood stuff seems entirely built around Sloane's former manager Ned Guy getting the list management job at the Pies. Nothing to indicate that they were actually interested in him, or vice versa, other than he was coming into free agency.

Sloane should be unrestricted anyway....This is his 10th season with Adelaide.

Will turn 28 before the season starts; & anyone who signs him, will have a player turning 29 before he even pulls on their jumper proper.

If Adelaide are offering him 4 years at $850K. then he should grab it.....Anyone going over & above that for a player entering his twilight years would be crazy.
There's a few clubs I could see having a crack at him, even with entering the later stages of his career, Essendon are one I thought would be right into him.

At this point for the Crows, we've lost so much talent it's just getting outrageous, and Sloane is just one of those guys where it'd tear the heart outta the supporting group if they let him go. Sometimes you just gotta get the deal done (in a non-Tippet way of course).

The entire Sloane to Collingwood stuff seems entirely built around Sloane's former manager Ned Guy getting the list management job at the Pies. Nothing to indicate that they were actually interested in him, or vice versa, other than he was coming into free agency.

Now Collingwood would be hilarious....The last thing they need is another mid-fielder......More recruiting brilliance & super-slick circle-work with no one forward to kick it to.

A key Forward or 2 & a key defender might be an idea.....Worst balanced list in the league & a coach that's taking them nowhere fast.

Now Collingwood would be hilarious....The last thing they need is another mid-fielder......More recruiting brilliance & super-slick circle-work with no one forward to kick it to.

A key Forward or 2 & a key defender might be an idea.....Worst balanced list in the league & a coach that's taking them nowhere fast.
I was especially dubious of Collingwoods interest in Sloane when Tom Lynch is sitting there.

If Sloan has signed for $900k a year, This makes Dusty's deal look like a Bargain at $1.2 mil

Not really, for starters it's not a 7 year deal.

Also, he's the best 2 way midfielder in the league and there's daylight to the next best in CD's eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and dusty signing for $1.2 million per year makes geelongs signing of dangerfield at $850K per year one of the deals of the decade
Absolutely it does but there is just something about the Danger deal that doesnt sit right with me, Has to be more to it as he was worth way more and probably left 400k a year - Maybe he has been offered a 'Land' Deal somewhere

Not really, for starters it's not a 7 year deal.

Also, he's the best 2 way midfielder in the league and there's daylight to the next best in CD's eyes.
You are kidding yeah ? The guy is 29 how do you expect a 7 year deal

Sloan gets shut down way too easily and would have had taggers claiming his scalp atleast on 6-8 games last year

Absolutely it does but there is just something about the Danger deal that doesnt sit right with me, Has to be more to it as he was worth way more and probably left 400k a year - Maybe he has been offered a 'Land' Deal somewhere
He only wanted to go to Cats coz Moggs Creek and that's all they could pay.

Richmond and Fremantle have to pay their top 3 mid for 1.1m+ and Geelong got theirs for 850k. Just have to live with it.

Drive thru the area. He's everywhere. He's done, is doing and will continue to do plenty fine.

GO Catters

Mardi wanted to be back in the Geelong area and didn't want to be anywhere else so there were never any other clubs seriously in the frame hence we didn't need to offer more $ than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back