Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry ass footy player, always has been always will be.

Think maybe folks get drawn into the height and general athleticism. But bro is just no good.

Reminds me of Shaun Hampson tbh

I get that Freo way overpaid him so they were expecting more, although he did lead their goal kicking last year so not sure why they’re as upset as they are about him.

We’re paying him significantly less than Freo did, he’s just a role player second ruck on an average salary. He’s there to spell English and support Naughton and Jamarra not lead our goal kicking, and so we don’t have to play Sam Darcy as a ruckman before he’s ready. If the kid Darcy is ready to go sooner than later then I don’t think anyone will be losing sleep if he takes Lobb’s spot.

The boring reality is his ruck work has been very good for us, and a big step up on what we’ve had from that position for years.

Frankly, he’s also better a better forward than the other second rucks we’ve used, even if he hasn’t been great. The role up forward hasn’t worked consistently yet because his contested marking hasn’t been good enough, but he’s going at a goal a game, which is all we need from a backup ruck. We’ve got 80 goals so far from Naughton, Jamarra and Weightman.

Nah …..been such a good back up for English and so valuable to their team this year that beveridge obviously doesn’t want to risk injury to him so they just giving him a rest!!
😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just committing 3 years is a big show of faith by the club to someone that doesn’t have commitment in their vocabulary
Of course, but we're both guilty of it.

Not sure why Fremantle fans care to be honest, most seem to feel that he's a dud and as such you got a good deal.

Keep on topic
Lobb signed for 3 years is 30 and hasn’t lasted season 1 before being dropped

So what? What did we give up for him that makes him undroppable?

Freo supporters feeling burned by Lobb and what they got for him is a completely separate issue to why the Dogs recruited him.

We'd have been rucking post ACL Josh Bruce or Mitch Hannan again for the last four months if we didn't have him. Darcy's finally fit and carved up the VFL the last couple of weeks. Get him in. We recruited Lobb to keep the seat warm for Darcy for a year or two and be English insurance.

Freo supporters feeling burned by Lobb and what they got for him is a completely separate issue to why the Dogs recruited him.

We'd have been rucking post ACL Josh Bruce or Mitch Hannan again for the last four months if we didn't have him. Darcy's finally fit and carved up the VFL the last couple of weeks. Get him in. We recruited Lobb to keep the seat warm for Darcy for a year or two and be English insurance.
I suspect it's a bit of envy, that we we're in a position to be able to drop a bloke who led their goal kicking last year. Or they're upset that a bloke they don't rate left them.

It's really weird, I don't get it.

Im certain that is how it was sold to Rory too

"Hey, we just need you for like 8 weeks or something but never mind, we will give you a 3 year contract still. Anyway the local barbers down here are great, you will have mountains of time to spend in there in 2024 so maybe poke your head in and get to know them"

Im certain that is how it was sold to Rory too

"Hey, we just need you for like 8 weeks or something but never mind, we will give you a 3 year contract still. Anyway the local barbers down here are great, you will have mountains of time to spend in there in 2024 so maybe poke your head in and get to know them"

I suspect his and the club's eyes were wide open when he agreed to a big haircut on his salary to come to a team that already had English, Naughton, Jamarra and Darcy.

I think there's probably an element of truth in the 'keeping the seat warm for JUH to breakout and Darcy to establish himself' idea.

Perhaps the Doggies underestimated how quickly JUH would become a lock and Darcy would be ready.......they might have believed Lobb would have a more important role if JUH was still inconsistent and needed to be dropped/subbed occasionally.

I think there's probably an element of truth in the 'keeping the seat warm for JUH to breakout and Darcy to establish himself' idea.

Perhaps the Doggies underestimated how quickly JUH would become a lock and Darcy would be ready.......they might have believed Lobb would have a more important role if JUH was still inconsistent and needed to be dropped/subbed occasionally.
Not a bad problem to have hey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back