Hawkins
Lynch
Chol
Casboult
King x2
Allen
Wright
Dixon

All forwards who can ruck and are >>>Lobb.

That will do for a start.
I reckon of that list, I've seen Wright (who's currently injured and won't play until August), Chol (who can't get a consistent run of games) and Dixon attend centre square bounces.

Dixon I'll give you. I reckon he's definitely a better forward ruck, but just because those others attend throw ins and ups in the forward 50 doesn't make them rucks.

I reckon of that list, I've seen Wright (who's currently injured and won't play until August), Chol (who can't get a consistent run of games) and Dixon attend centre square bounces.

Dixon I'll give you. I reckon he's definitely a better forward ruck, but just because those others attend throw ins and ups in the forward 50 doesn't make them rucks.

I made the distinction in my post between forwards who can ruck and rucks who can play forward. Not my fault if people don't read properly.

I made the distinction in my post between forwards who can ruck and rucks who can play forward. Not my fault if people don't read properly.
An odd criticism to make, considering the conversation at large is how he has freed up Tim English, anyway, sure, if it makes you feel better - if we're talking about every forward in the game that attends a minimum of one around the ground stoppage, he's not in that conversation, but if we're talking players that are able to go into the centre and attend a centre circle ruck contest, as well as play forward, he'd be behind only Dixon and Daniher.

An odd criticism to make, considering the conversation at large is how he has freed up Tim English, anyway, sure, if it makes you feel better - if we're talking about every forward in the game that attends a minimum of one around the ground stoppage, he's not in that conversation, but if we're talking players that are able to go into the centre and attend a centre circle ruck contest, as well as play forward, he'd be behind only Dixon and Daniher.

The conversation in this thread is about Rory Lobb, and this specific conversation was started by the claim Lobb was the best forward ruck in the game.

Which he is not.

The conversation in this thread is about Rory Lobb, and this specific conversation was started by the claim Lobb was the best forward ruck in the game.

Which he is not.
The fact that "the conversation" started with you responding to me and even you said "Yes but doubt you needed to give up so much for essentially a relief ruck." suggests even you know what the conversation was actually about.

Anyway, let's move on, you're just going to keep moving goal posts.

Hawkins
Lynch
Chol
Casboult
King x2
Allen
Wright
Dixon

All forwards who can ruck and are >>>Lobb.

That will do for a start.
Hawkins 0 CBAs
Lynch 0 CBAs
Laughable been dropped kicked 1 goal all year
Laughable again had 4 shots at goal all year
GCS King 0 CBAs
STK King injured (Also doesn't attend CBAs)
Allen 0 CBAs
Wright injured
Dixon this year you know what I will pay it

So after all that you have named a number of Key Forwards who chop out with inside 50 throw ins and outside of Dixon 2 at best mediocre players in a poor GC side

Hawkins 0 CBAs
Lynch 0 CBAs
Laughable been dropped kicked 1 goal all year
Laughable again had 4 shots at goal all year
GCS King 0 CBAs
STK King injured (Also doesn't attend CBAs)
Allen 0 CBAs
Wright injured
Dixon this year you know what I will pay it

So after all that you have named a number of Key Forwards who chop out with inside 50 throw ins and outside of Dixon 2 at best mediocre players in a poor GC side
Jackson the whipping boy has put up numbers better then dolph.
Like matty robran isn’t a gun chf but has played in 2 flags.
Just because bont trelor and the like shat all over the dockers doesn’t make lobb the best in the league.

Jackson the whipping boy has put up numbers better then dolph.
Like matty robran isn’t a gun chf but has played in 2 flags.
Just because bont trelor and the like shat all over the dockers doesn’t make lobb the best in the league.
No Naughton and English dominating is what makes Lobb one of the best in the league at it (I will concede Dixon this year). Jackson doesn't make Darcy any better and you certanily doesn't make your forwards any better

2BB2FCA9-4F6D-4B89-A330-573112E0118D.png
If he was best in the league he would be elite in half a dozen stat indicators.
He’s below ave in most.
You’re giving him too much credit for the level bont English and co are playing at.
No Naughton and English dominating is what makes Lobb one of the best in the league at it (I will concede Dixon this year). Jackson doesn't make Darcy any better and you certanily doesn't make your forwards any better
well say he is the best decoy in the league.
Not ruck/forward

View attachment 1667688
If he was best in the league he would be elite in half a dozen stat indicators.
He’s below ave in most.
You’re giving him too much credit for the level bont English and co are playing at.
well say he is the best decoy in the league.
Not ruck/forward
That's the point he isn't a champion at either position but is good enough that he has to always be taken seriously at both. He just needs to clean up his set shot kicking and he can get to 1.5 to 2 goals a game and still give English a chop out for 10-15% a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the point he isn't a champion at either position but is good enough that he has to always be taken seriously at both. He just needs to clean up his set shot kicking and he can get to 1.5 to 2 goals a game and still give English a chop out for 10-15% a game
Yes he can be important to your structure but that doesn’t make him best in the league.
Like Mundy is a club god but that doesn’t make him a league legend

I think Bulldogs supporters know what we need more than Freo nuffys with an obvious bias and cats supporters?

Fact is he’s played 4 or 5 games for the club and two of them were probably the wettest slogs of the year so far. He definitely hasn’t set the world alight and he was remarkably poor in the Brisbane game but he’s a role player who fills a role we were desperate for. Last year we had genuine spuds like Cordy & Schache, kids who don’t even play the position like Buku Khamis and mids playing this role.

His job is to support English in the ruck which he has been very good at, and to kick 20-30 goals and drag a defender off our two main key forwards. That is literally it and he’s on track to do just that and will only get better as he gels with Naughty/Marra, you can’t just throw a key forward into a new forward line and expect them to hit the ground running it very rarely happens, except with the stars like Lynch/Cameron.

We’re expecting to be competing for a flag this year and whilst we’ve been s**t all over the ground, that’s not his fault. We can’t do that with Darcy/Marra combo just yet, Darcy is 19 and a beanpole, ideally he pushes Lobb out towards the end of his contract, but until then he is perfect for what we need.

Yeah I’m not gonna lose sleep over a couple of picks in the 30s lol, and that list is laughable and shows some have no idea, since when are the Kings fwd/rucks?

There is a difference between ability and actual.
He kicked 30+ last year but was a permanent fwd.
This year he’s ave less than a goal a game so he might be helping in the ruck but he ain’t kicking 30+
Permanent forward yet attended the same amount of CBAs as Jackson this year or is he a permanent forward too?

Permanent forward yet attended the same amount of CBAs as Jackson this year or is he a permanent forward too?
Jackson’s a fwd for me
This year trying to learn his craft as a 21yr old
Jackson’s numbers are better than lobb this year.
I reiterate its great your enjoying his impact at your club.
I only dispute best ruck/forward in the
League

There is a difference between ability and actual.
He kicked 30+ last year but was a permanent fwd.
This year he’s ave less than a goal a game so he might be helping in the ruck but he ain’t kicking 30+
He had 150+ hit outs last year, which for reference is +75 on Hawkins. How sure are you that he was a permanent forward and didn’t attend centre bounces?

He had 150+ hit outs last year, which for reference is +75 on Hawkins. How sure are you that he was a permanent forward and didn’t attend centre bounces?
Yes but teams play different styles of game.
Percentage of teams stoppages is needed.
Classic bf ploy can’t provide a valid reason why lobb is the best ruck/fwd in the league which is all I’m disputing so find fault somewhere else

Yes but teams play different styles of game.
Percentage of teams stoppages is needed.
Classic bf ploy can’t provide a valid reason why lobb is the best ruck/fwd in the league which is all I’m disputing so find fault somewhere else
He had 150 hit outs and 30 goals. That’s the reason. You can’t say somebody with 150 hit outs is a permanent forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back