Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

You can channel your blind rage about Lobb wanting out into the Dunkley thread if you want. Personally always said Dunkley as one of the few elite inside mid/fwds would be very hard to replace.

If you’re a betting man, with Rory out this week the Rory Lobb/Luke Jackson most marks market has Jackson slightly favoured at $2.55. I reckon the juice is the draw at $3.30.

I like Lobb now , we had a family get together on Sat night and we all had heaps of fun watching Rory direct traffic out there for you

Even the unlikable WC weirdos got in on the action

Rory the dog

Has a nice ring to it really

Where were all these people saying lobb is Carey when we scored 55pts in rd 2 last year and loss to the saints at home?
Everyone said we won’t make finals last year we don’t have a fwd line
Now one of our fwds have left and we don’t have a fwd line I don’t get it?
We haven’t had a fwd line since Pav dominated the league from 05-08.
Just s**t can freo if you like don’t need to add bullshit to justify the hate!

So will come up against his old side this weeks game(that’s if he doesn’t suddenly conjure up some mystery injury in the meantime, ruling himself out)

Quite amusing listen to all the experts carry on how much of a loss he’s been for freo but simultaneously ignoring how much of a non factor he’s been with the bulldogs .

Rory be loving collecting his pay cheque for the output he’s delivering under virtual anonymity

This is a lose/lose trade like it seemed at the time. Tabs is cooked and we’d be one or two more wins ahead having him clunking marks on our often terrible entries like he was last year.

Dogs didn’t need him and it was a weird move

So will come up against his old side this weeks game(that’s if he doesn’t suddenly conjure up some mystery injury in the meantime, ruling himself out)

Quite amusing listen to all the experts carry on how much of a loss he’s been for freo but simultaneously ignoring how much of a non factor he’s been with the bulldogs .

Rory be loving collecting his pay cheque for the output he’s delivering under virtual anonymity
Tim English has been our best player this season. Acquiring Rory Lobb was always to benefit him - of course it can’t all be attributed to Lobb and it isn’t, but if all he does is give Tim a chop out, he’s done his job.

Yes but doubt you needed to give up so much for essentially a relief ruck.
Not having ruck relief was a big reason we got spanked in a grand final. We gave up a second round pick and salary that was unlikely to go anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

342501123_183723464498085_5300643081049733639_n.jpg

Delicious.

Not having ruck relief was a big reason we got spanked in a grand final. We gave up a second round pick and salary that was unlikely to go anywhere else.

You shouldnt give up 2 2nd rounders for a bit part second ruck when you can fill that hole with a rookie pick.

You shouldn't give up 2 1st rounders for a second ruck either but Fremantle had no issues doing so.

So your argument that is because freo made a stupid list management decision you making a stupid list management decision is ok? That seems pretty stupid to me.

So your argument that is because freo made a stupid list management decision you making a stupid list management decision is ok? That seems pretty stupid to me.
Not at all. Rory Lobb clearly fills a hole on our list. He hasn’t set the world on fire but last night is absolutely the perfect example of why he was needed.

The game plan we have set up relies on us having a player who can ruck and play forward and for too long we had players like Josh Bruce and Josh Schache thrown there. It was meaning English was cooked before the last quarter started.

English is now comfortably the All Australian ruckman and barring injury will stay that way. Lobb is on track for a 20 goal season and if he cleans up his accuracy could lift that to 25-30. I’m not sure there are many second rucks in the comp who will do that - and if you have any examples of teams finding a 20-30 goal second ruckman in a rookie draft I’d love to see how you’ve come to the conclusion that it’s more likely than unlikely.

And on top of all of that - we didn’t really give up a hell of a lot for him.

Last edited:
You shouldnt give up 2 2nd rounders for a bit part second ruck when you can fill that hole with a rookie pick.
We have given up 2 picks in the 30s for the best forward ruck in the comp. If he cleans up hi set shot kicking you wouldn't even be arguing

We have given up 2 picks in the 30s for the best forward ruck in the comp. If he cleans up hi set shot kicking you wouldn't even be arguing

Best forward ruck in the comp? Hes nowhere near that.

Do you mean a forward who can ruck? As the other poster said nowhere near it. Not even close.

Do you mean a ruck who can play forward? He is a bit closer there but there are significantly better players going around who do that.

Do you mean a forward who can ruck? As the other poster said nowhere near it. Not even close.

Do you mean a ruck who can play forward? He is a bit closer there but there are significantly better players going around who do that.
Not even close yet names no one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back