Ross Lyon and his inability to give youth a go

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does - Fremantle have historically been a low scoring team under Lyon - fact.

You had to look hard for a Fremantle AA forward - Ballantyne, seriously - in a year when there were better goalkicking forwards not selected - fact.
(..and I agree that Pavlich was stitched up in 2012 - AA squad but not team. Equal leading goalkicker with Franklin)
So yeah, either way, one AA forward in 6 years for a team that finished in the top 4 for three of those seasons.

Look at the rankings

Fremantle ranking as a club - total score ranking by season under Ross Lyon, ladder position home&away season, leading goalkicker and position on table.

2012 - 12th - ladder 7th - Pavlich 69 goals (equal 1st)
2013 - 11th - ladder 3rd - Walters 46 goals (12th)
2014 - 8th - ladder 4th - Ballantyne 49 goals (12th)
2015 - 12th - ladder 1st - Walters 44 goals (20th)
2016 - 16th - ladder 16th - Walters 36 goals (33rd)
2017 - 17th - ladder 14th - McCarthy 25 goals (48th)

So when I say: "He is not a coach that promotes high scoring and it is unlikely for a Freo forward to threaten AA selection under Lyons gameplan when they are usually amongst the lowest scoring teams in the comp." - am I wrong.

Ross is coaching a more attacking style this season, it will be interesting to see if he perseveres with it or reverts back to his old habits.

On reflection - Ballantyne probably deserves his AA merely for the fact is is so hard to score goals in a Ross Lyon coached team.

Like I said, trying to shift the goalposts is embarrassing. You made an assertion, it was very quickly shown to be an uninformed one. Instead of admitting your error you've posted some diatribe as a means of deflection.

You're out of your element and you've demonstrated that basic fact-checking is beyond you. Might be a good idea to slink away into the night and celebrate your teams win instead of getting all hung up on your inane little Ross Lyon grudge :)

Like I said, trying to shift the goalposts is embarrassing. You made an assertion, it was very quickly shown to be an uninformed one. Instead of admitting your error you've posted some diatribe as a means of deflection.

You're out of your element and you've demonstrated that basic fact-checking is beyond you. Might be a good idea to slink away into the night and celebrate your teams win instead of getting all hung up on your inane little Ross Lyon grudge :)
Yeah - just look at the rankings each year for team scoring. Basic facts.
Which Freo player will be an AA forward this year?
Will you have a forward kick more than 50 goals?
Where we Freo be ranked for team scoring this year?
Long may you stay with the cult of Ross.
Bye!:)

Last edited:

Over half of our team has played less than 50 games too.

At what point do we acknowledge that the thread premise is patently false and close this sucker down?

It was correct two years ago. It's mostly just the one obsessive poster that keeps bumping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back