VFL Round 1, 2018: Sandringham v Footscray 2pm TBBO

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I haven’t been able to find the teams for this game so if someone knows where to find them please post them here.

There will be quite a few wanting to respond after last week as well as a few on the cusp wanting to push for selection.

I’m hoping to see Jack Steele really bounce back which I feel he will playing in the correct position. Also looking forward to seeing how Clark goes as a genuine mid.

I’d love to see one or both of Logan and Goddard really start to show something and put some pressure on Brown.

Same thing goes young Battle up forward. If he starts regularly kicking goals we’ll have a few forwards looking over their shoulder.

SANDRINGHAM v. FOOTSCRAY

Round 1 – 07/04/2018, 02:00PM, Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Sandringham
B: 48. D. McKenzie, 61. D. Joyce, 78. B. Rice
HB: 67. S. Gilbert, 37. H. Goddard, 1. D. Weickhardt
C: 44. H. Clark, 54. J. Steele, 46. E. Phillips
HF: 12. B. Bailey, 23. T. Lamb, 17. J. Haidon
F: 39. J. Lonie, 36. J. Battle, 15. J. Sziller
R: 60. T. Hickey, 2. K. Answerth, 9. M. Cook

Int: 45. L. Austin, 40. O. Clavarino, 62. R. Connellan, 50. B. Paton, 27. N. Smith, 53. K. Stevens, 3. L. Verma, 56. N. Wright

23P: 6. H. Mclean

Footscray
B: 36. B. Lynch, 18. F. Roberts, 37. R. Smith
HB: 24. S. Biggs, 2. L. Young, 20. E. Richards
C: 27. P. Lipinski, 3. M. Wallis, 28. C. Porter
HF: 22. M. Honeychurch, 17. T. Boyd, 50. J. Prudden
F: 30. F. Greene, 40. N. Mullenger-Mchugh, 66. A. Monfries
R: 15. T. Campbell, 19. L. Webb, 35. C. Daniel

Int: 64. A. Bruhn, 51. L. Dalgleish, 58. M. Goodyear, 55. A. Greenwood, 65. N. Hamad, 56. W. Hayes, 61. L. Nash, 53. L. Sullivan, 68. D. Symeopoulos, 67. J. Wallis, 54. R. William, 60. Andrew Tashevski-Beckwith

23P: 52. J. Patullo

Luke Beveridge guest speaker at 12pm.
Dylan Weickhardt plays his 50th game.

Beat me to it George

Very disappointing to see that the Doult has missed out after kicking a couple last week although on the upside it looks like Ben Paton has recovered from his thumb injury and named on an extended bench.

Steele back home in the middle - lets see 25 touches and 15 tackles - will that make the selectors realise where his best position is ?

I quite like that team: seems to be more balanced than many of the teams we put together last year.
I will be there (2nd half only) and hope to post any observations.
Note that young Hughie is lining up on Tom Boyd.
Looking forward to seeing that.
Plus Hunter and Jack Steele performances.

I quite like that team: seems to be more balanced than many of the teams we put together last year.
I will be there (2nd half only) and hope to post any observations.
Note that young Hughie is lining up on Tom Boyd.
Looking forward to seeing that.
Plus Hunter and Jack Steele performances.

Gee the Dogs have some depth in the VFL.

Interesting they don't play them in the senior side seeing as they're sitting bottom of the ladder.

Yeah that looks like an AFL quality list, some bad juju at the Doggies.

Beat me to it George

Very disappointing to see that the Doult has missed out after kicking a couple last week although on the upside it looks like Ben Paton has recovered from his thumb injury and named on an extended bench.

Steele back home in the middle - lets see 25 touches and 15 tackles - will that make the selectors realise where his best position is ?

They'll probably play him out of position and then drop him to the ressies when he doesn't do much.

Gee the Dogs have some depth in the VFL.
Yes, so I’m hoping we will both play well.
This game should tell us if Sandringham has improved manpower, structure and game plan.
I will be really interested to see how Hamill performs.
He will be better than Gilbee, but not sure to what extent.
Gilbee was not very inspiring from a supporter perspective.
It’s only the vibe I know, but I’m quietly confident that he will prove to be a pleasant surprise.

If the game proves to be a better spectacle, I will be content.
If it is that and we win, even better.

Could be a big weekend.
I see Sandy get up over Footscray.
And my Saints pessimism is embarrassed by Saints beating Adelaide Saturday night.

Yes, so I’m hoping we will both play well.
This game should tell us if Sandringham has improved manpower, structure and game plan.
I will be really interested to see how Hamill performs.
He will be better than Gilbee, but not sure to what extent.
Gilbee was not very inspiring from a supporter perspective.
It’s only the vibe I know, but I’m quietly confident that he will prove to be a pleasant surprise.

If the game proves to be a better spectacle, I will be content.
If it is that and we win, even better.

Could be a big weekend.
I see Sandy get up over Footscray.
And my Saints pessimism is embarrassed by Saints beating Adelaide Saturday night.
Mate if we beat Adelaide on Saturday night Etihad will have a Troy-Schwarze-60m-goal-against-the-Lions-roof-blown-off-the-dome type of feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the battle Hickey v Pearce when Sandy plays Frankston. Pearce is the tallest player on our list at 204, so he has that advantage over Hickey at 201.

Anyone know if it will be on the wireless!?

Wireless sounds like the 1920s Birdy. VFL is hard to get much but shitty twitter updates that seem to happen about twice a quarter.

On the what?
iu

Haha, I still have no idea what the hell is going on here
The reference was to a shortened version of Transistor Radio.

As in "I used to take the "trans" to the football and listen to the ABC."

Must admit I stopped doing that years ago after I started going to the football with my wife.

No Jack Noone for Sandy - can't see anything on Sandy website about any injury.
Interesting to note not only Lonie playing in AFL position of small forward, but McKenzie playing in back pocket. I'll try and get to the game and track McKenzie a bit. He's escaped a bit of scrutiny for some reason, high draft pick at 22, into his fourth year, future uncertain. I would reckon he needs to have close to an excellent year in the VFL at minimum, if not teddy gets thrown into the corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back