Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not happy to pay the prices being asked, it there’s no Telstra specials will take my chances in ga
Hoping we get confirmation of Telstra offering tickets again or not.

I seem to remember there was nothing offered for the final round last season, for any game, so hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Hawthorn v Essendon Round 1

Impey - Frost - Scrimshaw

Sicily - Weddle - Amon

MacDonald - Ward - Massimo

Moore - Chol - Ginnivan

Breust - Lewis - Hardwick

Reeves - Newcombe - Worpel

Watson - Nash - MacKenzie - Hustwaite - Gunston (sub)

Exact same players for me, including Gunston as sub. Though I would swap a few around. I'd love to see Phillips play over Frost, but I doubt that will happen.

Impey - Frost - Weddle
Amon - Sicily - Scrimshaw

Reeves - Worpel - Nash
Ward - Newcombe - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Breust - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench: Hardwick, Mackenzie, Hustwaite, Watson
Sub: Gunston

I think Gunston would be a good sub this season, given he can play forward and back and would provide some experience. It also allows some youngsters, like Hustwaite, Watson and Mackenzie, to start games.

Exact same players for me, including Gunston as sub. Though I would swap a few around. I'd love to see Phillips play over Frost, but I doubt that will happen.

Impey - Frost - Weddle

Reeves - Worpel - Nash

Breust - Chol - Ginnivan

I think Gunston would be a good sub this season, given he can play forward and back and would provide some experience. It also allows some youngsters, like Hustwaite, Watson and Mackenzie, to start games.
Can't see a scenario where Hardwick doesn't start on the field.

Need Phillips + Frost - they're not interchangeable IMO.

Impey - Frost - Weddle

Reeves - Worpel - Nash

Breust - Chol - Ginnivan

I wont agree or disagree with you because this year feels like it's a really tough year to pick a starting 21.
But I hope Gunners is in better knick/form than just being a sub.
We will need his goal scoring ability.

Meek and Serong both named for Box Hill, I’ll take that as a clear sign Reeves is solo ruck and Phillips is a huge chance at round 1.

Others named - Bennetts, Dear, Tucker.

Just to update this, Meek was named on the bench for the Hawthorn team too.

I’ve whittled that down to show two options for Meek: he’s either in the best 22, or he’s not in the best 22.

Just to update this, Meek was named on the bench for the Hawthorn team too.

I’ve whittled that down to show two options for Meek: he’s either in the best 22, or he’s not in the best 22.
giphy.gif

Ridley looks pretty deflated, doubt he plays in a fortnight.
One of their most important players.
Kind of evens it out a little more with our defensive injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon seem to have a tall backline with McKay, Reid, Ridley, Laverde & Redman. If Moore can get up for this game that would be a huge boost to our chances of winning. I don’t think Essendon would be able to contain Breust, Ginnivan, Moore & Watson.

Injuries at this time of year suck for the individual after all the work they put in, but if you could have them at any time of year you’d rather it now than at the back end of the year when you’re jostling for a spot in the 8.

Essendon seem to have a tall backline with McKay, Reid, Ridley, Laverde & Redman. If Moore can get up for this game that would be a huge boost to our chances of winning. I don’t think Essendon would be able to contain Breust, Ginnivan, Moore & Watson.
Ridley is unfortunately out now and Redman is 1.87m which would make him a relatively short midfielder in our side.

McKay, Reid and Laverde as a key back three is about normal in size.

Langford with ice on his quad. Didn't look too concerned so maybe it's just something minor but that would be a massive blow to the scum losing Ridley and Langford for round 1.

Stengle tore them up today. Think our smalls can and will do the bulk of our damage.

Langford with ice on his quad. Didn't look too concerned so maybe it's just something minor but that would be a massive blow to the scum losing Ridley and Langford for round 1.

Stengle tore them up today. Think our smalls can and will do the bulk of our damage.
100%
They can't handle small fwds.
Ginni has a very good record against em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back